Senya Speculations

americanaussie

Senya's decision may seem stupid on the surface...

But does anyone else find it interesting that the scene where Vaylin leapt at Senya and Arcann Force-pushed her away almost exactly mirrored how Thexan Force-pulled Arcann away when he leapt at Valkorian? Now that was a nice little callback. So maybe, just maybe, there is still good in Arcann.

Aye.

And, there's either good in Arcann or Vaylin. One or the other will seek you out, before the end. At some point, they'll be reconciled, and then someone will have a death=redemption moment.

Aye.

And, there's either good in Arcann or Vaylin. One or the other will seek you out, before the end. At some point, they'll be reconciled, and then someone will have a death=redemption moment.

All the dialogue before, during, and after the duel indicates that Arcann really doesn't hate you, the Outlander; his only issue is with Valkorian. He probably truly believes you've been corrupted by his father's influence and he wants to be rid of it for good. He's a conqueror and a despot, sure, but he was basically corrupted by his hatred of his father. That's his ultimate reason for being–to get rid of Valkorian.

All the dialogue before, during, and after the duel indicates that Arcann really doesn't hate you, the Outlander; his only issue is with Valkorian. He probably truly believes you've been corrupted by his father's influence and he wants to be rid of it for good. He's a conqueror and a despot, sure, but he was basically corrupted by his hatred of his father. That's his ultimate reason for being–to get rid of Valkorian.

Which is the whole point to your toon talking to him about "you should have worked with me/he's not here/etc" lines. I do think that either Arcann or Vaylin will end up as companions, if temporary a la Marr. But, there is a change in the relationship between Arcann and your toon; prior to the showdown, he despised your character. Now, he's jealous of the gift that Valky disposed on your toon... there is still room there for more than a stage of equality.

Vaylin... oh, Vaylin. The Shadow Spider Sorceress. SCORPIO is playing a dangerous game there... I'm beginning to wonder if SCORPIO and GOTO have more in common than both being predictive droids. If so, then Vaylin doesn't know that SCORPIO is playing her for a fool, whilst setting up stability.

I'm actually not surprised nor mad at Senya doing what she did.

As evil or corrupt as her kids are, they are her children, she was pregnant with them, felt their life inside her, gave birth to them, and raised them until she left. She's probably more guilty about herself leaving them to their father raising them, then to what they've done so far. I just can't fault her for wanting to save her children. She loves them

You still spoiled something a day before it was supposed to come out. In a thread that was originally meant to be about speculation. It was August 8th. I had no reason to think the chapter was out yet. And it had been out for such a short amount of time that I had barely even had a chance to notice that it was. What the hell is the matter with you?

Good guess! Wrong guess, but good guess.

the above line hardly qualifies as seriously spoiling. anything. it is not the posters fault that you were not following the game status.

Edited by jordanrogers
trying to fix bad quote

the above line hardly qualifies as seriously spoiling. anything. it is not the posters fault that you were not following the game status.

How could I possibly have known the Chapter had randomly dropped early? That never happened before. It had only been out for a few hours. And I had been away outside for some of those few hours anyway. And the place I come to follow the game's status is the forums, as in, the very place that I got spoiled.

Also

Yes, it does. That line gave away exactly what happened. It meant I knew the twist ending was coming.

Edited by OldVengeance

• 1 month later...
I'm actually not surprised nor mad at Senya doing what she did.

As evil or corrupt as her kids are, they are her children, she was pregnant with them, felt their life inside her, gave birth to them, and raised them until she left. She's probably more guilty about herself leaving them to their father raising them, then to what they've done so far. I just can't fault her for wanting to save her children. She loves them

Yeah. Can't blame her either. She probably feels responsible for the way they turned out, second guessing herself, wondering if she should have stayed. Probably a little sick she couldn't save the boy that was closest to her in temperament. (What little we see of Thexan points to him being Mama's boy. ) So, she's trying to deal with her mistakes. She picked a crappy way of doing it, but opening fire would have just made an unwinnable situation worse.

I still think her brats are past redemption, but you really CAN'T argue with a mom trying to protect her kids, no matter how deranged on the Dark Side they are. And given the track record in this universe with what actually WORKS in sobering someone up from a Dark Side binge, it's likely she's the only one who CAN get through. Well, that, or she'll end up like Han Solo. I'm more cheesed at SCORPIO than Senya, even though SCORPIO was kinda acting with the same motivation. If that tin plated egomaniac had just freaking ASKED for help, my Consular would have been all ears.

Edited by Allronix

Yeah. Can't blame her either. She probably feels responsible for the way they turned out, second guessing herself, wondering if she should have stayed. Probably a little sick she couldn't save the boy that was closest to her in temperament. (What little we see of Thexan points to him being Mama's boy. ) So, she's trying to deal with her mistakes. She picked a crappy way of doing it, but opening fire would have just made an unwinnable situation worse.

I still think her brats are past redemption, but you really CAN'T argue with a mom trying to protect her kids, no matter how deranged on the Dark Side they are. And given the track record in this universe with what actually WORKS in sobering someone up from a Dark Side binge, it's likely she's the only one who CAN get through. Well, that, or she'll end up like Han Solo. I'm more cheesed at SCORPIO than Senya, even though SCORPIO was kinda acting with the same motivation. If that tin plated egomaniac had just freaking ASKED for help, my Consular would have been all ears.

What we can blame is the writers saying the crack shot pilot, the Smuggler, can't shoot down Senya. :p