The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The new expansion

Droidering

I was wondering about the new expansion, because i got on the website thing again and, for the first time, noticed "Choose your path to the Eternal Throne". I was wondering if this was going to be like KotFE and have chapters in it or if it was going to be more like RotHC and SoR.:rak_02:

Since they've said so little at this point in time, it's anyone's guess as to how the next expansion's going to play out. I wouldn't mind it as one big chunk or as episodes since I'll likely wait for a while before starting it so I can do a binge session and go through them all back to back. I'm more curious as to which companions come back when and how.

I can only hope that 'different paths' means they are branching the classes out into their own plot again instead of cramming them all into a single one with minor dialogue differences. It really annoyed me when I looked at non jedi/sith classes duel with Arcann and saw that the guy who beat me in a saber duel is a chump on par with that loser who got smoked by Jango in Attack of the Clones.

https://youtu.be/8fP7YJtjbZY?t=122

Apparently the carbonite gave us brain damage and we can't duel worth **** anymore since we lost to a guy that can't even consistently block blaster fire.

Edited by dcaleb

• 3 weeks later...

I wish they would add a group play to the expansion where if you choose you can play with a friend and chose the response in a group. Some of us like to play in groups and since the story is all the same why not give the option. I know if they did this I would come back and play it.

I have done the story too many times on my alts and it is boring after the first or second time to do solo.

Second, stop making my characters seem like they can't do anything. If this is supposed to be about our characters then make it so. So far it has been more about the NPC then our own character. If I can figure out what is going to happen then there is no excuse our characters can't. I am not sure about others but my characters do have a brain and can think for themselves and can figure things out.

Edited by casirabit

during the last developer stream they basicaly put the "kaibosh" any news coming out for awhile;

"no major KOTET announcements until New York Comic-Con" which means nothing is "really" going to be said about it until the start of OCTOBER at the EARLIEST :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• 2 weeks later...
I'm hoping that the lvl cap gets raised to lvl 70 and get some higher gear ratings.

This is literally like the only thing I do not want to see at all anymore, and this is coming from someone who used to enjoy new levels. With the new level synch this becomes pointless. What difference does it make if you're level 70 or 65, in like 90% of the game? Honestly next to nothing. For the other 10% which are Ops, Flash points, and Kofte story line.

Let's see Ops are simple enough as is, no need to over power them with better gear, and higher levels. That goes even double for Flash points. The storyline chapters 1-16 are all simple enough. You can complete them with level 1-3 companions, and your own level be it 60 or 65 makes almost no difference either.

So what's the point? Why grind 5 levels (which would take hours literally) and regear all the toons for the simple sake of grinding? No seriously, why? So someone out there can have an hour or two of satisfaction leveling their toons while the rest of us get forced into regearing dozens of alts, just so we can get back to where we were before? No thanks. And before someone says, well they can re-tune the Ops and flash points for level 70, so they'll be just as hard if not harder. No thanks again, I'd rather them waste time on something that actually matters than retunning crap we already have.

So with all do respect, no, hell no, F that ****, never again from this point forward do I want to see a level increase with the way the game is working right now. Not only does the level synch screw over any reason to do this, but their lack of resources to put out any meaningful content, makes this completely irrelevant. Now if they said, the next expansion is going to have like 4 or 5 new flash points, and 2-3 new raids, I'd be all for it. But let's not kid ourselves here. We'll be lucky if we get 1 of any of those at this rate.

Come to think of it, there's probably a very good chance I'd stop subbing or playing out right if this is the direction it goes in.

Edited by Setta

• 2 weeks later...
This is literally like the only thing I do not want to see at all anymore, and this is coming from someone who used to enjoy new levels. With the new level synch this becomes pointless. What difference does it make if you're level 70 or 65, in like 90% of the game? Honestly next to nothing. For the other 10% which are Ops, Flash points, and Kofte story line.

Let's see Ops are simple enough as is, no need to over power them with better gear, and higher levels. That goes even double for Flash points. The storyline chapters 1-16 are all simple enough. You can complete them with level 1-3 companions, and your own level be it 60 or 65 makes almost no difference either.

So what's the point? Why grind 5 levels (which would take hours literally) and regear all the toons for the simple sake of grinding? No seriously, why? So someone out there can have an hour or two of satisfaction leveling their toons while the rest of us get forced into regearing dozens of alts, just so we can get back to where we were before? No thanks. And before someone says, well they can re-tune the Ops and flash points for level 70, so they'll be just as hard if not harder. No thanks again, I'd rather them waste time on something that actually matters than retunning crap we already have.

So with all do respect, no, hell no, F that ****, never again from this point forward do I want to see a level increase with the way the game is working right now. Not only does the level synch screw over any reason to do this, but their lack of resources to put out any meaningful content, makes this completely irrelevant. Now if they said, the next expansion is going to have like 4 or 5 new flash points, and 2-3 new raids, I'd be all for it. But let's not kid ourselves here. We'll be lucky if we get 1 of any of those at this rate.

Come to think of it, there's probably a very good chance I'd stop subbing or playing out right if this is the direction it goes in.

Totally agree with you here. If they change the level to a new level 70, they'll most likely change the OPs, FPs, HMs,etc. Which in turn would and will screw over those that are 60 - 65 and doing nothing but OPs, (There are groups that do this). As for planet sync, this is what I've noticed, even though my HP and dps #'s have dropped to planet scale, I still have full abilities that actually counter the planet sync. Meaning, even though I don't have my normal high dps numbers, I'm still able to just literally "walk" through a mob and take very little to no damage before I've wiped the entire mob. (Having my companion set to dps as well). This is noticeable doing the "new" dailies or H2's as they're now called. Kinda bummed, still no challenge even to these. So, yea, NO to going to a level 70!! As for new content, honestly, I prefer it just stayed quiet until released. I don't want to get all hyped up and only to get let down like some of the chapters for KoTFE did. Really hoping they bring back ALL of the companions, some are truly missed since we've spent more time with them to start with. KoTFE made you start over with comps, which imho, stupid!! Yea, got a few back, that's cool and yes even got some new ones but, damn, not all the one's that some of us ran with all the time. One thing I do miss, gearing up my comps, that was fun. Now, just get them to lv 50, give them a low lv weapon, voila, that's all they need now. :mad:

Edited by DarkLordKRH

I can only hope that 'different paths' means they are branching the classes out into their own plot again instead of cramming them all into a single one with minor dialogue differences...

Wishful thinking. The class stories ended at 50 and it won't change. Class neutral stories already started at Ilum and continued through all the expansions. Bioware won't go back to eight unique class stories, it would just be too expensive and at this point not really needed.

I think different paths may refer to choices made during Kotfe.

2 main lines: you have the Gravestone or Koth stole it.

Those lines branch depending on whether or not you accepted Valkoriand power or not.

2 main lines with 2 branches each, for 6 different endings.

I think I'd be happy with that