The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sensuous Dress and other "skimpy" armors

Rixxen

Any chance to get the Opportunist bounty pack back for a week? Also I know that you guys are trying to limit some of the skimpier stuff but a few things every two or three packs would be nice. Also if you guys would bring each season of packs back for two weeks instead of one, would be grateful.

Any chance to get the Opportunist bounty pack back for a week? Also I know that you guys are trying to limit some of the skimpier stuff but a few things every two or three packs would be nice. Also if you guys would bring each season of packs back for two weeks instead of one, would be grateful.

Did they say they were trying to limit the "skimpier" stuff? I think the outfits that show shoulder and skin are elegant, depending on how you use the pieces of armor of course.

In my opinion, species, especially Togruta and Twi'Lek, merit these kind of outfits considering they are limited on what they can wear. They can't wear most heavy armor chest pieces like what a bounty hunter would wear because of their rear lekku (please make longer). They can't wear helmets appropriately because of their montrals. They can't wear a lot of the fancy coats and adaptive/heavy chest armor pieces due to their front lekku (please make longer). The one thing they can pull off is elegance for most classes and a little bit of sexiness for our bounty hunters, assassins, knights, etc. These species show off skin. Please let us do the same.

Edited by Cornerbug

Did they say they were trying to limit the "skimpier" stuff?

I haven't seen any statement one way or the other on the issue (but, then again, I haven't exactly been looking, so maybe I missed it). But the last time they actually created and released a new armor that I would consider "skimpy" was the Darth Andeddu set that came out with the Outer Rim Explorer Pack just over a year ago.

So maybe they are trying to limit it.

Edited by Jaryk

Yet we have "Basic Underwear" in our collections....

Put that on a female Rattataki and preview it with a white/white dye. In the costume preview you have to look twice to see that the character isn't naked, especially with judicious application of Covert Energy pieces and Hide Head Slot...

Did they say they were trying to limit the "skimpier" stuff? I think the outfits that show shoulder and skin are elegant, depending on how you use the pieces of armor of course.

I don't know if they've explicitly stated that they're trying to limit how many they make, but the choice is pretty clear either way. This is definitely one of the more tame MMOs out there, in terms of how few there are. I have to respect BW for sticking to the realism of full armor in story context.

I don't think they're actively trying to limit supply of the already existing ones though... I think that's just coincidental. Most armors are limited in supply if they're at all old.

But yeah... I enjoy them myself. I would like to see more and/or renewed supply on some of them. Sometimes the mood strikes me and it's fun to mix in some skimpiness to an outfit. Hell, my IA chick has somewhat skimpy armor as an outfit that's aimed at being a sort of femme fatale look. Seduction and all that. Without the skimpy armor, it would be harder to pull off that look.

So for those who wonder, it's not all just showing skin to stare at. There can be more to it than that. :D

BW hasn't made any skimpy outfits recently. Actually, it's been so long since BW has released a skimpy outfit, which is why the old skimpy outfits sell for a lot on the gtn. There are a few loudmouths that complained about skimpy outfits on the forum, but in game the skimpy outfits were always popular. You don't see them as often anymore due to lack of supply and ultra high cost. Even back on their release day, the skimpy outfits sold like hot cakes and for a good amount of credits. The first couple packs released contained the most skimpy outfits. I wager that if BW gets desperate again like after the transition to f2p, then BW will revert to selling skimpy outfits. It's what every mmorpg company does when they need to increase sales quickly.

BW hasn't made any skimpy outfits recently. Actually, it's been so long since BW has released a skimpy outfit, which is why the old skimpy outfits sell for a lot on the gtn. There are a few loudmouths that complained about skimpy outfits on the forum, but in game the skimpy outfits were always popular. You don't see them as often anymore due to lack of supply and ultra high cost. Even back on their release day, the skimpy outfits sold like hot cakes and for a good amount of credits. The first couple packs released contained the most skimpy outfits. I wager that if BW gets desperate again like after the transition to f2p, then BW will revert to selling skimpy outfits. It's what every mmorpg company does when they need to increase sales quickly.

The current re-shipped Shipment 1 packs contain a selection of dancer-type outfits, plenty skimpy.

• 2 weeks later...
There is also a Social Rank 2 armour set that I know my ex would have killed me if I had suggested it for her - http://tor-fashion.com/slave-girl/

Yeah, the ones in the Shipment 1 packs were much like that, but in different colours.

And to come back to the title of the thread: the Sensuous Dress is just a strapless long-skirt dress, not what I'd call "skimpy".

Yeah, the ones in the Shipment 1 packs were much like that, but in different colours.

And to come back to the title of the thread: the Sensuous Dress is just a strapless long-skirt dress, not what I'd call "skimpy".

I was just throwing that out as a suggestion for a cheap replacement.

skimpy armor have my seal of approval

- the " skimpy " armor departament needs more variety

- the aim should be having different styles

- example : Imperial Dancer - Available from the Security Key Vendor

- it's still $lutty

- and it's NOT just another bikini model

Edited by banimoka

"Sensuous Dress" isn't in there to be "Skimpy." It's the dress of the only known character from Bioware's KOTOR 3, Naresha.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Naresha

I have no qualms against the bikini sets usually, except that they're so often used by lonely nerds/teenagers fantasizing over their body type 2/4 female toon. I have seen them used in decent context, for example a female friend of mine used it to make Force Unleashed Shaak Tii on one of her toons. They're also great for just derping around in a party or whatever with friends. Random dance parties on fleet. MMO silliness in general.

I would like to see better armor set designs in general though. The ones we got from KOTFE were bad, most of the sets in this game aren't that great. It's usually only the KOTOR ones that are nice.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs