New Pack Opening Experience

EricMusco

I think this is a nice new feature.

I also want to thank you for pushing this out before ppl have had the time to get all the DvL Packs, so we have a couple of incomplete armor sets instead of 20-30 incomplete ones.

Now you can't say ppl don't thank you on the forum! ;)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BW needs to have a way to make this retroactive for the DvL event. Why not do something like what they do with some armour where to get the next set you need to trade in the previous. So have a vendor (or a bunch of them for covering armour, crystals, weapons, etc) that list the items from the packs. If you have a matching bound set you can turn that into the vendor and the item gets automatically added to this new item stack system. This seems like a fair way to do things that should make just about everyone happy. Edited by JonoLR

With the launch of Game Update 4.7 we are introducing a new feature which will enhance the pack opening experience for all packs. This improves the visual experience of opening packs while ensuring that the process remains a quick one. There are two components of this new feature, the Pack Viewer and the Item Stash. Read More...

-eric

Are you f*ckin serious? This bs is keepin you ******* busy while you ingore everything else?

Good job... GOOD F*CKING JOB!

I am so glad that the money we pay for the subscription is not wasted at all.

Yeah, make the process more marketable and more addictive. The community and the devs both know where the money's coming from in this game. Should've seen this coming, really.

I'm getting really tired of nearly every game turning to pack-opening and giving its own content a back seat. SWTOR, CS:GO, Black Ops 3, etc. 'Back in my day', games were for playing, not for making a quick buck off a gambler.

If you're surprised this thread is only eight pages long, consider that there are well over twice as many comments on dulfy.net than here, for the same topic. How does it feel to know that players would rather talk on a fansite than your game's own official forum?

Yes, you made the right decision from a greed standpoint. But you're shooting yourself in the foot. You're exchanging money later for money now. The people you're pushing away won't be coming back when you pitch SWTOR 2 or whatever other MMO you're working on. This is your first MMO, and you made a huge mistake by moving it in this direction, especially now. At least wait a while before taking advantage of your customers.

With the launch of Game Update 4.7 we are introducing a new feature which will enhance the pack opening experience for all packs.

-eric

Well thanks for this change. Was about time ;)

Buying and opening crates has been a hassle both with inventory management and having to wait 2 days before being able to pass items to companions. Only thing is, I'm not sure the 250 threshold it enough though. We'll see.

Speaking about QoL improvements I look forward the day all bound gear would go in a "wardrobe" of sorts as my characters are stuck with filled storage. I'd even be willing to pay CM to unlock that feature legacy wide and free up my cargo holds.

Now, if I may, I get some people are unhappy with the "waste of precious dev time". That's one way to look at it. The other one is people who can afford it and are willing to do so, are eased to spending more $$$ in game. In the long term not only it helps sustaining the game but also might help adding other non CM tied features.

To be totally honest I'm far from fond of the money grab, though with removing (or at least reducing) the randomness of the crates it can still be kept profitable and make players happy.

I guess bringing back CM tokens and renown items in the crates with a 100% drop rate would be the trick. Though that would be on top of dropping random items. Then to keep the system consistent and (sorry) lucrative, add randomness to the level of the renown grant dropped and for the token make it so you can have from 1 to say 5 tokens in a crate.

Edited by Deewe

Do you morons actually think there are only a handful of people developing this game? How do you know there isn't a team right now developing new Ops and WZs? Because we get news of Cartel changes first? You know what they say about assumptions. Give the devs some credit and wait to see what comes of Season 2. I think these new pack mechanics are a much-needed addition and give us all even more storage. Who doesn't want that?

I been here since launch and was very supportive of the game until recently. There are still bugs they haven't fixed since launch and when you report a game bug it is done whenever they get around to it but report a cartel shop bug it is done immediately.

I am sorry but by their history the cartel shop is more important than anything else in the game and due to the fact they only thing they put in the game recently is a rehash of stuff that has already been done.

And how hard would it have been to tell people NOT to open their packs just yet, as there is a solution to the bound items coming in a few weeks, Eric? Like you didn't know this was in the works? Or should we believe this was developed in the last week by one guy in his spare time?

The guy up thread had a perfect idea with the vendor that swaps out DVL items from already opened packs for new versions that will go into the CM stash. No one gets to reroll, no one gets "extra" and no one gets screwed for participating in your crap event from the beginning. Won't happen, of course. SoR early access 2.0.

As for the "ops" team: we already know those guys are all gone (either let go or moved to other games). And the lead dev has stated outright they can't work on more than one type of content at once, which leads to the conclusion that the "new" unboxing visual experience ripped straight from Overwatch, took dev time away from everything else. Or are you calling the lead BW dev a liar?

I might actually run a toon or two through DVL to unlock the lower event tiers, now, since the items won't be trapped on them. So there is that, I guess. Bravo?

Edited by Nothing_Shines

What a complete and total joke.

1.) Legacy Wallet for Credits, Comms and Crystals

2.) Appearance Update for Weapons and Offhands

3.) Appearance Update for Companions

4.) Additional tabs for Gearing (PvP, PvE, Specs)

5.) LEGACY LEVELS 51-65

But you decide to put time and money into making sure people open your GARBAGE gambling packs faster?

Eric, man... how do you post this stuff? It has to completely destroy your soul to know that the community wants features that are so easy to implement but we get this garbage instead. What a total joke man. This is ridiculous.

Eric, man... how do you post this stuff? It has to completely destroy your soul to know that the community wants features that are so easy to implement but we get this garbage instead.

I actually do feel bad for Eric. He's a gamer at heart. He knows what we ask for and what we want...and he knows what Bioware decides to do...it's gotta be difficult at times.

I actually do feel bad for Eric. He's a gamer at heart. He knows what we ask for and what we want...and he knows what Bioware decides to do...it's gotta be difficult at times.

Tux's statement is true Eric and Tait are probably the only guys in our corner and who actually relay our problems and concerns. The problem is the management of this game is atrocious and the lack of budget and support it gets from EA is even more so. :(

It also just occurred to me: all you new players who didn't see any problem with the "event" being for you and not veterans, guess what? You're veterans now! Your previous effort of just the last three weeks doesn't matter. Only new players going forward get to benefit. Sorry about all those DVL crates you opened that are still bound on toons who can't use the items. But don't lose heart! You can always buy more packs!

And here I was thinking it wouldn't be until Season 2 at the very least before BW pulled another early access switcheroo chasing that dragon of more brand new players.

Tux's statement is true Eric and Tait are probably the only guys in our corner and who actually relay our problems and concerns. The problem is the management of this game is atrocious and the lack of budget and support it gets from EA is even more so. :(

Exactly Squirrel. It's easy to blame Bioware management, but even that may be misplaced because we don't know what Bioware is forced to do by EA.

It also just occurred to me: all you new players who didn't see any problem with the "event" being for you and not veterans, guess what? You're veterans now! Your previous effort of just the last three weeks doesn't matter. Only new players going forward get to benefit. Sorry about all those DVL crates you opened that are still bound on toons who can't use the items. But don't lose heart! You can always buy more packs!

Excellent point lol!

Edited by TUXs

To your first question, yes they will! To your second question, the answer is sort of. Any unopened DvL Packs which you have currently will open through the new pack opening after 4.7, allowing them to go into the Legacy Stash. This will have no effect on already opened packs or items which have been removed.

As a note, these changes will also effect any older packs which you may currently have, or that come back to the CM.

Thanks!

-eric

You are not implying it is technically too challenging to change an attribute of a bound armor box to legacy bound, are you?

to quote Palmer, member of a doomed research station in Antartica, "you gotta be #$%&in' kidding me."

the inner conflict in me has me looking forward to the increased euphoric feeling i get from these packs as well as nursing my udder bewilderment.

I been here since launch and was very supportive of the game until recently. There are still bugs they haven't fixed since launch and when you report a game bug it is done whenever they get around to it but report a cartel shop bug it is done immediately.

I am sorry but by their history the cartel shop is more important than anything else in the game and due to the fact they only thing they put in the game recently is a rehash of stuff that has already been done.

You destroyed your first comments with this.

Actually, there are many different bugs reported in CM content that has never been addressed, many even never responded to when reported. Some have been there for years.

Simple, and pragmatic, cause for this: Anyone that has ever been responsible for ongoing development and maintenance of an online internet service knows that bugs reported go into a bug report queue for assessment/action. In that queue, they are triaged for 1) direct impact to customer ability to access the service and use it. 2) ability to actually verify the bug as a bug. 3) relative priority of the bug in the context to other bugs. 4) effort/ability to actually address and implement a bug fix.

What many MMO players fail to realize, or refuse to realize, is that with new bugs coming into the bug queue all the time, SOME bugs just never make it high enough in the queue to be fixed. This is particularly true with bugs that are essentially non-functional bugs (ie: visual or player taste preference driven). Even the great and powerful WoW has bugs lingering from years back in time.... so to expect any MMO to be bug free, much less to address lesser impacting bugs, is complete player hyperbole of viewpoint.

Edited by Andryah

**snip** because we don't know what Bioware is forced to do by EA.

The Bioware / EA conspiracy starts to getting old.

BioWare kept its name though it's pretty much EA now. Just like your TV: same panel, just a different sticker. Notice the cash is in the same wallet.

So in the end what's important is how much $$$ players are spending.

If you can find a way to bring much more cash in game and fast, well then you have a winner. Only thing is you have to convince the top managers. I'm speaking of the big fishes, way higher than James Ohlen. To his credit he's been able to survive for the last 10 years and kept the game afloat, though he needs helps. All SW && MMO fans needs too!

You destroyed your first comments with this.

Actually, there are many different bugs reported in CM content that has never been addressed, many even never responded to when reported. Some have been there for years.

Simple, and pragmatic, cause for this: Anyone that has ever been responsible for ongoing development and maintenance of an online internet service knows that bugs reported go into a bug report queue for assessment/action. In that queue, they are triaged for 1) direct impact to customer ability to access the service and use it. 2) ability to actually verify the bug as a bug. 3) relative priority of the bug in the context to other bugs. 4) effort/ability to actually address and implement a bug fix.

What many MMO players fail to realize, or refuse to realize, is that with new bugs coming into the bug queue all the time, SOME bugs just never make it high enough in the queue to be fixed. This is particularly true with bugs that are essentially non-functional bugs (ie: visual or player taste preference driven). Even the great and powerful WoW has bugs lingering from years back in time.... so to expect any MMO to be bug free, much less to address lesser impacting bugs, is complete player hyperbole of viewpoint.

Want to explain something to me then since you are supporting them not fixing the bugs. Yes bugs will be around but explain this how come another game that I play (not naming it or my post will be pulled again) fixes the bugs better than these people?

Has it occurred to you that some bugs are easier to fix than others?

But, that thought aside, it should be obvious that anything that isn't game-breaking takes a back seat to absolutely everything else these days.

And, yeah, they do need to focus on the things that will keep the money rolling in (or bring new money). Because I'm sure most/all of us would like for this game to stick around. That only happens when $$$.

With the launch of Game Update 4.7 we are introducing a new feature which will enhance the pack opening experience for all packs. This improves the visual experience of opening packs while ensuring that the process remains a quick one. There are two components of this new feature, the Pack Viewer and the Item Stash. Read More...

-eric

First:

Sorry for my bad english. I'm 45 years old, from germany and didn't speak english since school (decates away).

And now:

What? :jawa_confused: I didn't play this game to open packs. And I play as subscriber instant since April 2012. There are so many things broken since... but, don't talk about. For me, there is no need for a "tool" to manage pack opening. I'm sure, the team did this to make the game better. But I'm not sure, that there are no other ways, to do that.

If I had a wish for free:

First brainstorming (developers), than a vote in this forum for us (gamers), then developing. I'm sure, this saves sometimes manpower (of developers) for better things. This isn't meant as critism, but as an idea. :jawa_wink:

To your first question, yes they will! To your second question, the answer is sort of. Any unopened DvL Packs which you have currently will open through the new pack opening after 4.7, allowing them to go into the Legacy Stash. This will have no effect on already opened packs or items which have been removed.

As a note, these changes will also effect any older packs which you may currently have, or that come back to the CM.

Thanks!

-eric

Dear Eric.

I want to know: did Bioware fixed all bugs, glitches, server issues and now they have nothing to do but improving Cartel Market?

I dare you, Eric.

to quote Palmer, member of a doomed research station in Antartica, "you gotta be #$%&in' kidding me."

I know I'm a vet. And if you were all these new players, then you'd just attack me right now, so some of you are still vets. This event doesn't want to show itself, it wants to hide inside an imitation. It'll fight if it has to, but it's vulnerable out in the open. If it takes us over, then it has no more enemies, nobody left to kill it. And then it's won.

jame ohlen even said Swtor has the biggest team in bioware a few month ago. Even Bigger than mass effect. The UI designers who work on this do not work on op or warzone.

No one seems to work on new warzones or ops. And I'm so tired of hearing how they just gave us 2 new pvp's. They gave us 2 new pvp maps. An of course one is a new arena map which is the smallest thing you could make an call it a new pvp. The actual new pvp we got is also the smallest thing you could make for 8v8. Granted it is totally new. Still nothing impressive about it. They aren't even making new flashpoints for us. Star fortress and the eternal championship have zero replay value if you ask me.

This new cartel experience is nice for people who like to spend real money on cosmetics. I've been playing mmos long before micro transactions became the thing to do. So honestly i place little to no value on shells available for purchase. You look like revan. Thats great. So do 40 other people.

What this game really needs is more desler explorers an wings or the architect. Stuff that actually takes effort to get. Thats the way to have player retention. Spending money on cosmetic gear for a game thats killing it self makes no sense to me.

Children. Stop spending money on packs. Save your money for a convertible and get laid

No one seems to work on new warzones or ops.

Yup cause they decided to go a different path a path of little investment and big profit. You can seen the thread on "guilds doing NiM content" there are around 30-40 guilds, they are all 8man teams and probably have some spare ppl (also more teams, but lets not make it too confusing) so lets say its 10 ppl per guild so roughly 500 ppl doing NiM. Can you imagine that? 500 ppl in all of starwars is doing NiM content, that is why Bioware decided to put that to an end.

We are playing WoW now, in their Shop there are only a few things and no one cares, you get transmog (outfit designer) stuff, titles, mounts etc from old stuff you can solo now. They made an expansion, put up a price of over 45,- euro for it, swtors expansions costed 15,- !! Blizzard makes so much money from that, they know how to gather money properly in a long term. Swtor made a stupid swap to the wrong type of content and now there is noone who can change that, no teams to develop stuff, just THE CARTEL MARKET TEAM.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.