The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Some Vanguard Question (Engery and Cellburst usage)

dasjan

Hey guys,

at first: the german forum is dead so i will ask my questions here. sry for maybe some bad english ;)

since the past weeks i play my vanguard tactics more and more often. Now, after a while i have few questions whichs answers i cant figure out using the dummy...

If you watch the video i recorded you see that my rotation isn't by far perfect. Because of that i cant get the data to answer the questions i have by myself....

Now my questions

At first i two referencing the engerymanagement.

1. is there a percentage where i should use hammershot?
  2. Do you think its better delay the 3 fillers between high impact bold to generate some energy? (and not to use them on CD)

The second question is about the useage of Cellburst:

so i looked at the parser an saw that i can use it every 24 seconds (reminder the 2. Setbonus can be used every 30 sec. and the 6th every 60 sec.)

1. Do you think i should use Cellburst on CD (corresponding to the rotation)?
  2. Or should i delay it every time so I get the 2. Setbonus with it. and delay it so i get every second time the 6th setbonus proc?

(I hope this is understandable)

I recorded this video so you can see what im doing. If you find other mistakes im open for tips.

I general i get better parse values when i dont try to adjust my Cellburst with the bonus procs. But thats maybe just a parctise thing....

greets

Pazifist

edit: my equip is seen in the video (mainly 220er)

and here's the video: VIDEO

Edited by dasjan

The answer to question 1 is yes. The lower ammo you have the slower ammo will regenerate. Cant remember the exact number though, but personly i try to never get below 75% ammo.

No idea about second question. I'm just a stupid tanking trooper :rak_02:

Edited by Petnil

It's not exactly a spec I have too much raiding experience with, but I have done a little with it. There should be a few yellow arrows on your panel next to your ammo bar. There should be four of these arrows at your maximum regen level. Below 60%, you will start losing dashes to indicate you are gaining less regen. As long as you stay at 60% ammo or higher your regen will be at its highest point. I'd say that if you are at 70 or less you should be trying to plan your High Impact Bolt for that point to regen, or a Hammer Shot, unless of course you are trying to burn ammo to use recharge cells.

Incidentally, if you haven't already done so, go into interface editor and set your main bars to Show Infirmation Text. Should be a text box. Having exact numbers and an actual percentage reading of health (or ammo) is unbelievably useful.

In regards to cell burst I'm almost positive it's better to use it in the space after you have built the fourth stack for it and before you use your next High Impact Bolt, but delaying it more than that would be a big damage loss and start to mess with your rotation. So that may give you a little leeway, but normally delaying things like that for too long just starts to mess with things anyway (or it does for me at least).

I'm leveling my second vanguard mostly in Plasma tech since I haven't played it since they drastically changed the two specs so I'm more in a setting things on fire mindset and rotation set but I'm fairly positive that's all correct. Or mostly correct anyway.

Remeber it's all about the 4 GCD "rotation"! You want to proc your HIB every 4th ability.

Filler - Filler - Proc - HIB

That means you use your Tactical Surge or Stockstrike as ability nr. 3 every time. Using HIB on a target with your bleed on it gets you some energy back + HIB itself is free of energy. I would suggest you train your opener a bit. You can actually start better by using explosive surge out of target range to proc HIB and then do your opener. Just normal run to your target, dont leap.

The old dulfy guide for 3.0 is still valid in terms of rotation and energy management.

http://dulfy.net/2014/12/07/swtor-3-0-vanguard-tactics-and-plasmatech-dps-guide-by-kwerty/#Rotations

Edit: And don't use your free shots till you actually used both your energy regens first.

Edited by blinkerathome