DvL event. Transfer toon.

Hi there...

I have a question regarding the Dark vs. Light event and I hope you can help me...

Here's the thing. Due to the low population on the server (The Bastion) it's really hard to find people to do the Flashpoints HM, World Bosses and to do Galactic Starfighter.

My question is ... can I transfer the toon that I'm using for the event to another server (one with more population), do those achievements (Flashpoint Master, Giant Killer and Ace Starfighter) and come back to my original server (Bastion) and get the rewards in there or when I transfer it again I will lose the rewards and achievements??

Thanks.

Hi there...

I have a question regarding the Dark vs. Light event and I hope you can help me...

Here's the thing. Due to the low population on the server (The Bastion) it's really hard to find people to do the Flashpoints HM, World Bosses and to do Galactic Starfighter.

My question is ... can I transfer the toon that I'm using for the event to another server (one with more population), do those achievements (Flashpoint Master, Giant Killer and Ace Starfighter) and come back to my original server (Bastion) and get the rewards in there or when I transfer it again I will lose the rewards and achievements??

Thanks.

The achievements will not transfer over, the achievements are legacy wide meaning it stays on 1 server. If you go to another server your event achievements will be 0%

The achievements will not transfer over, the achievements are legacy wide meaning it stays on 1 server. If you go to another server your event achievements will be 0%

This is incorrect. The event achievements are legacy bound and when you transfer from a server with an active legacy to a server with none the legacy copies over. Therefore yes if you started on the Bastion and wanted to transfer over to Harb your achievements will go with you and you will be able to complete the event there. I just did this last night and now have my Harb legacy on The Ebon Hawk both at 70% completion for the LvD event as I only need chapter 16 and the rakghoul infections to be 100% complete. Leveled the alt I copied over to 26 now and no new rewards therefore the achievements are accurate and working as intended.

even if you have a legacy on the new server if the legacy on the server your coming from is higher than the one your going to it will be copied with the character to the new server.

This is true! Forgot to mention that part. Thanks.

even if you have a legacy on the new server if the legacy on the server your coming from is higher than the one your going to it will be copied with the character to the new server.

Thanks. Yeah, I though that was going to be that way.

So..

Tranfer toon from Bastion to another server -> I do the tasks (fp hm, gsf, wb) -> I come back to Bastion ...

I will have the achivements and rewards in there?

Yes. Any tiers you complete on Harb will unlock there and you'll get the rewards in the mail on Harb. Just remember to have those rewards in your inventory and not the mail when you transfer or you will lose them. Whenever you decide to transfer back, if at all considering the cost and the noticeable population difference you're about to experience on Harb, your legacy will go back and copy over the one on the Bastion and your progress will be saved so you can complete the final tiers there if you prefer.

TLDR; your progress should be exactly the same on the destination server as it was on the origin server after the transfer since the Harb legacy would now be the more progressed one.

Edited by MantissB

Yes. Any tiers you complete on Harb will unlock there and you'll get the rewards in the mail on Harb. Just remember to have those rewards in your inventory and not the mail when you transfer or you will lose them. Whenever you decide to transfer back, if at all considering the cost and the noticeable population difference you're about to experience on Harb, your legacy will go back and copy over the one on the Bastion and your progress will be saved so you can complete the final tiers there if you prefer.

TLDR; your progress should be exactly the same on the destination server as it was on the origin server after the transfer since the Harb legacy would now be the more progressed one.

If what you say is true, then a person that progressed through the whole event except for the final KotFE chapter could transfer their lvd characters to other servers, and earn the last three levels on as many servers as they transfer characters to.

Do you really think that what you said is true? Do you agree with what I said?

If what you say is true, then a person that progressed through the whole event except for the final KotFE chapter could transfer their lvd characters to other servers, and earn the last three levels on as many servers as they transfer characters to.

Do you really think that what you said is true? Do you agree with what I said?

Yes. Based off of how legacies work. just remember the character to complete the last chapter would have to be a LvD character so you would theoretically have to level one on each server as once the character you're transferring completes it then the completed event achievements would transfer and essentially lock you out.

I made a mistake in transferring a character, that i hope will be of some benefit to others thinking of transferring from one server to another.

I had finished legacy level on Jedi Covenant. Then i transferred another character from Jedi Covenant, not the one who completed it, to Bergeren Colony. Lo and behold, I leveled a different character on Bergeren to complete legacy but since I had transferred a character from Jedi Covenant it thought i had already completed it. So now, I can't get the armor on Bergeren at all. Put in a ticket, but was told too bad, there is nothing they can do.

• 3 months later...
I made a mistake in transferring a character, that i hope will be of some benefit to others thinking of transferring from one server to another.

I had finished legacy level on Jedi Covenant. Then i transferred another character from Jedi Covenant, not the one who completed it, to Bergeren Colony. Lo and behold, I leveled a different character on Bergeren to complete legacy but since I had transferred a character from Jedi Covenant it thought i had already completed it. So now, I can't get the armor on Bergeren at all. Put in a ticket, but was told too bad, there is nothing they can do.

I'll necro that most useful thread for those thinking to cheat the system - don't! You are getting your rewards only once. If you transfer a character from the server where you finished some tiers of DvL - you are killing the possibility to get rewards for those tiers on the new server.

• 3 months later...
Howdy,

do you remember, what we all did last summer? We participated in the glorious DvL-Event. I loved it.

I loved it so much, because of the awesome awards we got. I played the event on all available servers at least to tier 1 (reaching level 25). I was blessed and got the Satele Shan Set, the Sith Recluse Set, white color crystals, wonderful decorations, and one of this super duper lightsabers.

My problem: all the armor-sets are -theoretical speaking- complete, but currently the parts of the armor-sets are on 3 diffrent chars on 3 diffrent servers. I want to make use of the cheap server-transfers, but...

My questions: what happens with the item-stash, if i transfer the only char to my home-server? Do i have to empty it before i transfer?

If i have to empty the stash, the parts of the armor are bound and pretty much „useless“, because i have the same problem as before the transfer. 3 chars, with 3 different parts of the armor. Okay...they are now on the same server, but i can't unlock the armor for my collection either.

Is there a workaround?

Have a nice day.

I think you are out of luck. And this was probably made on purpose, to avoid much of the crossserver easy packs. Everything from the DvL reward packs is BoP and you need all parts of the armor in the same toon to unlock :mad:

Imagine doing up to tier 2 or more in each server. That is a lot of packs, and i have to say that DvL packs were generous for me. I open about 20 i think (got tier 1 in two servers and tier 2 in one. I started very late to play) and got parts of serveral gold armor sets, a Jet Pack :D... . Just like you, only parts for the armor sets.

Hope for a repeat of the event with similar rewards :rak_03: