The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What would happen if a Twi'lek were to lose their Lekku?

epicestdave

So, I know that their Lekku are suppose to contain a part of their brain. And that they're very sensitive. But what would happen if a Twi'lek actually lost their Lekku? For example they were severed by a blade. Edited by epicestdave

So, I know that their Lekku are suppose to contain a part of their brain. And that they're very sensitive. But what would happen if a Twi'lek actually lost their Lekku? For example they were severed by a blade.

Brain damage I believe.

There was as character in one of the novels that had them removed- as a punishment IIRC- but I can't remember the details. But I don't recall them being brain damaged.

- But the lore is that the Lekku are used for aiding communication among Twi'leks, so it'd be harder for other people of your race to read your body language.

OTOH if it was done completely, you might be able to pass off as another race to an unobservant onlooker. - Though you'd be better off with a holo-disguise or just wear a costume that hid them.

I can't access wookieepedia here at Muchkin HQ - but it probably has a few entries on Twi'leks worth a read-though..

Edited by Storm-Cutter

So, I know that their Lekku are suppose to contain a part of their brain. And that they're very sensitive. But what would happen if a Twi'lek actually lost their Lekku? For example they were severed by a blade.

Let me Lekku into that and get back to you.

There was a twi'lek in legends who completely lost one of her lekku, and while I can't remember her name... It was in the post-endor period. Post-vong it is very clear that she is mentally unbalanced and it is indicated that part of this is due to missing one of her lekku.

Side Note: It may have been Alema Rar, if I spelt that right...

Edited by Silenceo

there was a twi'lek in legends who completely lost one of her lekku, and while i can't remember her name... It was in the post-endor period. Post-vong it is very clear that she is mentally unbalanced and it is indicated that part of this is due to missing one of her lekku.

Side note: It may have been alema rar, if i spelt that right...

omggggggggg its silllllllll where have you beeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnn.

Alema was already Dark Side and a Joiner before Leia cut off a lekku, half a foot, and crippled one of her arms, and then she nearly got bitten in half by a giant monster and spent two years stranded alone on a jungle planet after the last of her Killik allies died off, so she had a head start on the crazy.

To "restore the Balance" between herself and Leia, she intended to inflict equivalent injuries to Leia. Taking half a foot and crippling an arm is obvious. To match the lost lekku, Alema planned to take one of Leia's ears and one of her eyes.

Oh, and she also planned to murder everyone else in Leia's family to match the destruction of the Killik Nest that Alema has Joined.

omggggggggg its silllllllll where have you beeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnn.

I never left, I have merely been less... Overt...

Alema was already Dark Side and a Joiner before Leia cut off a lekku, half a foot, and crippled one of her arms, and then she nearly got bitten in half by a giant monster and spent two years stranded alone on a jungle planet after the last of her Killik allies died off, so she had a head start on the crazy.

To "restore the Balance" between herself and Leia, she intended to inflict equivalent injuries to Leia. Taking half a foot and crippling an arm is obvious. To match the lost lekku, Alema planned to take one of Leia's ears and one of her eyes.

Oh, and she also planned to murder everyone else in Leia's family to match the destruction of the Killik Nest that Alema has Joined.

True, very true. Only example that came to mind though. *shrug*

A better question is... How many expeditions and explorers did it take the likes of the Gand and Kel dor to realize that they needed masks off of their planet... I mean, I assume they figured they could breath like they could on their homeworld, before realizing that they suffocated without the right gas mixture. Or, maybe one of their Sages predicted it and no one died. Who knows?!

Edited by Silenceo