Login service Unavailable

Death-Hammer

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much for this, ZavienUK. I managed to get the security key off finally. Now to see if I can log in! Wish me luck. Good luck all. <3

Oh good, I didn't have much to suggest for you so glad you eventually managed. The site does seem to get a bit annoyed with you after too many login attempts and throws annoying CAPTCHA's at you that seem to get in the way.

If you log in via the website but leave the security key blank, you should get this page:

http://imgur.com/czqSxoM

Click the 'Lost Your Security Key' link, it will email you a one time password, enter password, security key is then removed. You can then attach a new mobile key if you wish.

Just did this a few minutes ago, took me like 3 minutes.

I did what you said and it worked great thank you for the help on this.

Meh, unless I receive an email telling me the game is no longer using the keyfob Security Key, I'm going to wait it out. I paid for the thing and I'm gonna use it, dammit :p:D

This blows I don't want to give up my physical keyfob just to login. The keyfobs are far more secure in the long run. Please fix this.

This obviously isn't intentional, but whatever reason it's just the servers that handle the old authentication protocol that is having issues. There is nothing stopping you temporarily switching to a mobile key and reattaching your physical key once all this blows over.

It seems that the issue is indeed the old authenticator app (iOS). I was having the same issue. Here's what I did:

Removed security key from my account.

Removed the old security key app from my phone.

Went to the app store and download the new app. It's the only one currently in the app store.

Set up a new security key on my account.

I can log in fine now.

As mentioned above, if your app gives you an 8-digit security key, you have the old authenticator app. The new app uses 6-digit keys.

nope, no email sent for password for to remove authenticator.

You don't happen to use a google email address do you? I've heard many times people who use google mail not receiving the emails. I use my own domain and the emails always arrive instantly.

Edited by ZavienUK

Struggled with this all morning, my Security Key was on my android device, old style 9 numbers or so. It took less than 5 minutes to remove and add the new Security Key from Google play (or iTunes app), which allowed me to log in to game and website. Might not be a permanent fix for everyone but it is a potential work around if you want to try.

It seems that the issue is indeed the old authenticator app (iOS). I was having the same issue. Here's what I did:

Removed security key from my account.

Removed the old security key app from my phone.

Went to the app store and download the new app. It's the only one currently in the app store.

Set up a new security key on my account.

I can log in fine now.

As mentioned above, if your app gives you an 8-digit security key, you have the old authenticator app. The new app uses 6-digit keys.

So your saying the old authenticator's are useless now I can't even remove it then cause I can't even log into my account

I did what you said and it worked great thank you for the help on this.

Your welcome, thanks for the feedback. Please do immediately attach a replacement mobile security key though - I'm not recommending anybody leave themselves without a security key attached. Last thing we need is this to become an opportunity for people to have their accounts compromised.

So your saying the old authenticator's are useless now I can't even remove it then cause I can't even log into my account

The old authenticators aren't working right now. But you can still get into your account to remove it:

Go to https://account.swtor.com/user/login and enter in your username and password, and leave the security key blank. Press log in. On the next page click "Lost your security key?" and you will be given instructions to login with a one time password and remove the key.

It's almost certainly only a temporary issue with the old authenticators. So if your not in a rush to play you can just wait it out. If you do want to get on, you can use the instructions I provided earlier in the thread to remove your existing authenticator.

Logged into my account via the method outlined above.

Removed my physical security key.

Loaded launcher. Logged into launcher. Loaded game.

Went back to website. Put physical key back on account.

Now I just won't log out for a while :p

I confirm, THE ABOVE METHOD WORKS!!!!

just did it few seconds agon, previously being unable to login into forums or the game itself.

What a fail..

I'm still unable to login several hours after this problem began. I tried changing my password, but there's no way I'm giving up my key fob, like many others have stated. I'd planned to spend the weekend playing so I really hope this is fixed soon. The key fob has been a very important part of my security since the game began so I've obviously gotten many years of peace of mind. Please don't take that away and find whatever the problem is soon.

I'm still unable to login several hours after this problem began. I tried changing my password, but there's no way I'm giving up my key fob, like many others have stated. I'd planned to spend the weekend playing so I really hope this is fixed soon. The key fob has been a very important part of my security since the game began so I've obviously gotten many years of peace of mind. Please don't take that away and find whatever the problem is soon.

As I've posted several times there is no need to give up your key fob. If your desperate to play you can temporarily switch to a mobile security key (so as not to leave your account unprotected). You can reattach your fob once this all blows over.

Just remove your security key, log in, and then re-apply it after getting in-game.

You can do this by just typing in your user and password but NOT the security key. Say you "lost it" and you'll be sent a one-time password to remove it. Do so, log into the game, then re-apply your previous security key or get the new one.

Yeah forgot sorry I just did that can we still use our old physical ones to link it again or do we need a whole new one?

The physical ones arn't working properly at the moment so there is no point reattaching that or you'll just have the same issues again. Use a mobile key for the time being, you'll be able to reattach your physical one once this is resolved.

You can remove it. At the website log in, leave the security key field blank. On the next page when it asks you for the key again, click the link that says "lost security key". You'll be emailed a one time password to remove the key from your account. Once you log in, you can set up the new key.

You can remove it. At the website log in, leave the security key field blank. On the next page when it asks you for the key again, click the link that says "lost security key". You'll be emailed a one time password to remove the key from your account. Once you log in, you can set up the new key.

I click on the lost security key, and nothing happens.

I click on the lost security key, and nothing happens.

Nomaad I asked you earlier who your email provider is:

You don't happen to use a google email address do you? I've heard many times people who use google mail not receiving the emails. I use my own domain and the emails always arrive instantly.

When you say 'nothing happens' are you actually getting to the screen where is tells you an email has been sent and asks for the one time password?

Edited by ZavienUK