Heroics in team, still only paying 7K creds

ElZaguero

Just did all 5 of the Alderaan Heroics with a guildmate. We both pulled all 5 before starting. I got 7K creds each (lvl 65) and he got 5800 each (lvl 56). 7000 creds isn't a reward, it's an insult. That's chump change not worth picking up off the sidewalk.

*** is going on here? Is there a deliberate effort to drive us into buying creds from the gold pirates?

Just did all 5 of the Alderaan Heroics with a guildmate. We both pulled all 5 before starting. I got 7K creds each (lvl 65) and he got 5800 each (lvl 56). 7000 creds isn't a reward, it's an insult. That's chump change not worth picking up off the sidewalk.

*** is going on here? Is there a deliberate effort to drive us into buying creds from the gold pirates?

They stated that they will revert back to the higher rewards for these. Probably with the next content patch.

Please stop with the hyperbole. And sorry, but heroics are not the only source of credits in this game. It just happened to be the easy-peasy way once 4.0 dropped.

Note: They stated that they will be reverting the credit rewards with the 4.7 patch.. which is just a few weeks away. I'm sure you can manage until then. So I'd wait until then before reintroducing the hyperbole.

Edited by Andryah
fixed my 5.7 typo

And here I was looking forward to a sudden jump to a time to when everybody is happy with the game because all concerns had been addressed and new content flowed like Niagara Falls.

:t_tongue:

Can you imagine the drama that would ensue if it was indeed 5.7? It would blow up worse than your most magnificent troll thread.

Edited by rklontz

Please stop with the hyperbole. And sorry, but heroics are not the only source of credits in this game. It just happened to be the easy-peasy way once 4.0 dropped.

Note: They stated that they will be reverting the credit rewards with the 5.7 patch.. which is just a few weeks away. I'm sure you can manage until then. So I'd wait until then before reintroducing the hyperbole.

Yeah but I am laying a 50k cred bet that either they wont, or on the next patch after they bring it back to 7k and have it in patch notes. They didnt seem to nerf the bonus credits for group and that is where the real creds are. The 18k was just a cherry.

Yeah, and you're still getting full whack for the bonus and that's multiplied if you're in a group. Not to mention you can trade in the alliance crate part of the reward (level 61 and up, access to Odessen base) and vendor the orange shell (~3k) and put any other reward such as companion gift on the GTN.

OP needs to get a sense of perspective. H2's still reward far more credits than previous content did, what the devs tried to do was roll it back a bit without taking the ludicrous boost for running easy content in a 4 man.

I was under the impression Heroics group bonus was for a full group of 4 level 65s

Would I like when BW reverts the credit reward back, come the next patch? Heck yus! Am I that willing to complain some some measly forum about my displeasure? No, because I am better than that. Like has been stated in this thread, it is still incredibly easy to make two and a half mill credits, I can do that just by finish a few of the worlds.

The OP, I believe, to be frank, is exaggerating. The reduced payout isn't really that awful, as he leads to believe, especially if you loot every single thing you kill. BUT, if it really does bother you (general you) that much, then, I mean, you can always group up, because, you know, this is an MMO, and you are capable, to play with others.

The next update is a very short time away, we don't have long to wait, until BW reverts the credit reward back.

I've noticed it's always the same people coming in and defending BW on stuff.

It's like a stage play.

Speaking of, where is my script? What role am I playing? Do I have any lines?

I feel left out. :(

I know what youre saying, I don't like the drone behaviour of some of the posters here either, but the OP is full of crap.

If there is such a conspiracy in place like the OP and others have said, what did they do for credits prior to 4.0? the heroic train did not exist before then so what did everyone do before 4.0 for credits?

BW have continued to add ways to earn credits since release, so much so that it has caused inflation, which ironically, the same drones exclaim doesn't exist.

next patch

I know what youre saying, I don't like the drone behaviour of some of the posters here either, but the OP is full of crap.

If there is such a conspiracy in place like the OP and others have said, what did they do for credits prior to 4.0? the heroic train did not exist before then so what did everyone do before 4.0 for credits?

BW have continued to add ways to earn credits since release, so much so that it has caused inflation, which ironically, the same drones exclaim doesn't exist.

TBH, I must have tuned out the conspiracy part lol. I think I just read the OP as frustration.

If they really wanted to "balance" heroics dropping them all from 15k-18k to whatever they're at now (7k according to this topic? I haven't run a 65 through heroics since DvL started, only new characters) wasn't really the right way to go about that.

It's going to be some work for them but if they want the payout per time investment to be balanced they're going to have to do some extensive playtesting running all of the heroics as different classes / different specs, with companions in different roles, running trials both with and without completing bonuses, and running trials both grouped and ungrouped. (And all testers should always be working on the same heroics at the same time to simulate busy conditions where waiting will be necessary so their results aren't some unrealistic best case scenario.) They're going to want to get some sense of the average completion time expected for all of the heroics. These estimates might be rounded up to the next full minute for simplicity.

Then they set some goals for how many credits per minute activity on each planet ought to be worth, like maybe Dromund Kaas is 1k / min, Nar Shaddaa is 2k / min, and Tatooine is 3k / min (all just examples, not final suggestions). Each heroic's estimated average completion time gets multiplied by the rate for that planet, and that number is the reward for that heroic. Base these numbers on the figures where bonuses were skipped.

For the rewards on the bonuses attached to the heroics, they would look at the figures for completion times with the bonuses also completed, multiply that by the planet's rate, and then set some fraction (1/2? 1/3? somewhere in between?) of that result as the reward for the bonus. Groups can still get the multiplied bonuses. (They'll just notice that the base amount for the bonus starts at a lower value than the main objective instead of matching it.)

Something like that would make heroics somewhat balanced in comparison to each other. A heroic on Ord Mantell that can be finished within a minute of loading into the planet will no longer be worth the same reward as a Hoth or Makeb heroic that keeps you busy for dozens of minutes.

Although if they want to aim for a sense of balance with other game activities as well, they should playtest all of the dailies as well. (Black Hole, Section X, CZ-198, Oricon, etc.) and dailies should have their own "payout per time investment" targets tiered by planet. Dailies can technically be completed up to 7 times in a week while planetary heroics are on a weekly limit, so the scaling should aim for about 3-4 days of doing all 5 or so of the dailies in a location (excluding the reward for the zone's weekly) to be worth about the same total as what you get from going through 5 heroics at that same planet level. (Basing it around a full 7 day devotion to dailies would be stretching plausibility way too much.) The weekly associated with each dailies zone though, should be based around the total time to complete all of the dailies and scaled for a better payout per time invested than the planetary heroics. (Anything with a weekly limit is scaled more generously than anything with a daily limit since you can only do the weekly stuff once per week and if you wanted to you might repeat the daily stuff a few times in a week.)

Or something like that.

Mailed credits from character to character, slowly. Selling materials on the GTN. Dailies/Weeklies in Daily zones (Oricon, Rishi, Yavin IV, CZ-numbers, Makeb, Section X, Black Hole). Heroics, but you had to hunt them out, and those were dailies that paid as much as they did if you were level 15 or 60.

Heroics were convenient because it helps the Alliance (supposedly, maxing Alliance Rep or not hasn't seemed to change much of the story so far), and became more convenient because they could be collected in one locatin. The other methods still remain.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.