Old player back.. Bit lost on where to start

rkjunior

Hello.. I'm an old player with a handful of level 55 characters. I'm back to play the game but it's been quite some time since I've logged in and all the changes are a bit overwhelming. Most of my characters are in a mix of 180 raid gear, etc...What's a good point to start off?

Hello.. I'm an old player with a handful of level 55 characters. I'm back to play the game but it's been quite some time since I've logged in and all the changes are a bit overwhelming. Most of my characters are in a mix of 180 raid gear, etc...What's a good point to start off?

Hehe, with level 65 now the new max, I understand how you'd feel a bit overwhelmed with everything.

It depends what your focuses were when you were playing, so I'm just going to mention how I'd do it from a crafter, fps, and storyline standpoint.

I'd go through all your main crafters and begin upgrading your crafting. This is a good way to get gear, equipment and credits. While you're doing that, I'd choose one main to start with for story stuff and head to your ship to grab the Revan Prelude storylines, and Shadow of Revan, which lead up to Knights of the Fallen Empire.

All fps are now tacticals (some are quite difficult in groups with only DPS, so don't feel guilty about not hitting ready if you see no healer). Tacticals are a great way to get comms which are now data crystals. Basic = Common, Elite = Glowing and Ultimate = Radiant. When you hit lvl 60, you can get modifications for 2 common data crystals each, even the armourings. You are good with lvl 60 gear until you hit lvl 65.

At lvl 65, the common gear is 208. If you plan on gearing one of two characters mucho Radiant/Ultimate, you can save up credits to GTN Radiant mods for your lightsaber/weapons. The rest you earn from the usual end game stuff. HD fps (all fps are now avaialble as HD and tactical), tacticals, ops, etc.

Companions now have Influence instead of Affection and can go up to 50. I got one to 50. It's expensive and takes a long time. So what I started doing was got all to lvl 10, romances to lvl 15, and chose one to be at lvl 25 and for my mains, would get one companion to lvl 50.

If you plan on doing KotFE, do not get companions higher than 10 or 15 beforehand.

If you don't plan on doing KotFE with a specific character, you can focus on companions getting them really high.

Oh and you don'T need to gear companions up anymore, it's only for easthetics because they get your stats, and you can decide to have them heal, tank of do damage with just a click while out of combat.

Let's see, does that cover everything?

Oh and check out the decos on GTN. If you're into decorating, you're gonna go crazy. At lvl 65, KoTFE end game stuff, Star Fortresses bosses drop a bunch of decos. There is so much on GTN that are drops. I'd suggest looking at some sites like SWTOR Decorating, otherwise you might be paying too much for something you can get through missions and fps.

I'm sure I've missed stuff and since I don't do much Ops and never do PvP, others can fill in the gaps, but this should give you a good start. Once you get back into it, you'll be on a roll again.

Good gaming! :p

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention the option of the Solo flashpoints in the Revan storylines and Shadow of Revan stuff. You get this droid, many of us call it the God droid, it tanks, and heals and kills like a beast. Have your companion on either heal or damage and you should be fine.

I had hit low life during a fp solo mode and thought I'd die and then I was full health again and my companion was on damage. The Rishi Blood thing fp is a bit trickier on solo mode, so I like to pug that one, but the rest is a breeze. :D

If you are at all interested in participating in the DvL event and have the slots available, I'd suggest you start by creating a new character. This has the double benefit of allowing you to familiarize yourself with all of the changes while you level and allows you to take part in the event (since new characters are the only ones who may participate in the event). After you get a feel for how things are now you'll be in a better position to decide what best suits you for how you want to handle your established characters.

If you are at all interested in participating in the DvL event and have the slots available, I'd suggest you start by creating a new character. This has the double benefit of allowing you to familiarize yourself with all of the changes while you level and allows you to take part in the event (since new characters are the only ones who may participate in the event). After you get a feel for how things are now you'll be in a better position to decide what best suits you for how you want to handle your established characters.

I have the slots. I actually created a level 60 a while ago but never did anything with him. I will level that guy up then go from there. Thanks for the great idea.

I have the slots. I actually created a level 60 a while ago but never did anything with him. I will level that guy up then go from there. Thanks for the great idea.

Level 60 toon will not work for the LvD event, have to start at level 1.:eek:

I apologize for not being more clear about this. First, only a character created on or after the start of the event will count towards the event (I believe the 28th was the start date). Second, it must be a level 1 character, as the previous poster stated. That was one of the reasons I was suggesting going this route, because not only will you be able to take part in the event, you'll be learning about all the changes from the very beginning. Yes, the insta-60 does have a tutorial mode, but it's not quite the same as starting at level 1 and getting a feel for gameplay as you level.

Level 60 toon will not work for the LvD event, have to start at level 1.:eek:

Really? What about level 65 that started at level 1 like three years ago? lol

I have several alts that I'm leveling but they are not lvl 1, but not at lvl 50 yet either. So no end game at all counts? Or is it just the insta 60 ones that don't count?

Really? What about level 65 that started at level 1 like three years ago? lol

I have several alts that I'm leveling but they are not lvl 1, but not at lvl 50 yet either. So no end game at all counts? Or is it just the insta 60 ones that don't count?

Only a level 1 character created on or after the start date for the event (which I believe was the 28th) will be able to participate in the event. On the character selection screen you will see a DvL icon on the name bar of each character that is eligible for the event.

Edited by PiiTarr
typo

Could care less about the DvL event at this point. I've been leveling my 60 and getting a feel for what's needed to get them back raiding. Looks like SM Ops have bolster now so use that to get Operations gear and concentrate on the purple crystals.

There's not much new about pvp unfortunately. You only need warzone commendations for both the basic and advance pvp gear now. And there's a new wz called odesson proving grounds. The team for that wz is mix of imp and pubs.