Dark Vs Light

So who else thinks the Dark Vs Light event is a great idea and should be here much more often?

next time, make 16 characters (one for each advance class) and go to level 50. Twice the fun! Server slots will be on sale for 25% off again to make it easier for you to afford participating in the event!

I don't mind having a reason to revisit content again.

I do feel sorry for friends who have full character slots and can't afford more than their monthly sub a month though so purchasing new slots is out for them.

I'm actually doing this event on a server that isn't my normal server for this reason, to play with friends who have no free slots on our home server. I'd rather be doing it on my home server to get the rewards there. I think I will end up regretting this in the long run for this reason.

Timed events offering rewards like this, shouldn't require additional character slots purchasable only with real life money. They should be given for FREE so that everyone can equally participate in the event. Either that or, create new content events or events that can be done on already existing characters.

Edited by Suzsi

Timed events offering rewards like this, shouldn't require additional character slots purchasable only with real life money. They should be given for FREE so that everyone can equally participate in the event. Either that or, create new content events or events that can be done on already existing characters.

Exactly.

We already know they can "lock out" companions via story-mode goals, and they can unlock/relock missions as with the Weekly H2s.

So with that, and auto-levelling, they already had pretty much everything in place to allow us to "replay" class storylines from scratch with existing characters.

The only thing left to sort out would be to preserve our original story-arc choices, while allowing us to explore other options via the replays.

As I have said in other posts Bioware need to:

1) Learn the lesson of the 6Ps (Proper Planning Prevents P*** Poor Performance".

2) Start giving us reasons to continue playing rather than giving us reasons to not continue playing (new interminable grinds through existing content).

3) Start acting like the "real gamers" they so often claim to be - real gamers would have spotted almost every major flaw in the "LS vs DS = BS" event at the "drawing board" stage.

Then they can avoid 200+ page threads telling them how bad something is, and maybe get 200+ page threads telling them how good something is.

All The Best

So who else thinks the Dark Vs Light event is a great idea and should be here much more often?

I thought it was a great idea till I found the "rewards" are bound to a single character and after opening 15 boxes found nothing that character can actually use so now I have a whole lot of useless stuff in my ship's hold and nothing new worth a darn. They ruined the event by making the items bound to a character vice a legacy.

I thought it was a great idea till I found the "rewards" are bound to a single character and after opening 15 boxes found nothing that character can actually use so now I have a whole lot of useless stuff in my ship's hold and nothing new worth a darn. They ruined the event by making the items bound to a character vice a legacy.

Well that seems to be the essence of this "event".

You could theoretically get loads of useful, and / or rare stuff; in reality you won't.

The "LS vs DS=BS Event" Crate loot tables will have been very, very carefully engineered to make sure so few people get anything worthwhile, or as we have seen useable, that the real incentivisation here is NOT to play the "LS vs DS = BS Event", but to buy crates.

Problem is Bioware were oh-so clumsy in how they implemented it that 99.9% of the playerbase figured it out in the first minute.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds

Ironically this event may be why I end up leaving SWTOR for good. I knew all along I would not get the final level, heck I have been playing casually for years and have not done all the FPs in that time, what are the chances I get them done during this event. Then good luck finding a FP group that won't vote to kick you as soon as they find out you are new to a FP.

Ironically this event may be why I end up leaving SWTOR for good. I knew all along I would not get the final level, heck I have been playing casually for years and have not done all the FPs in that time, what are the chances I get them done during this event. Then good luck finding a FP group that won't vote to kick you as soon as they find out you are new to a FP.

I am in that exact same boat.

This event has been very, very poorly thought out.

Still, that is what happens when you have fake "real gamers" making project management decisions they clearly don't understand.

All The Best