The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Heroic 2s nerf will be undone

Setta

So looks like we got a small victory boys and girls.

They mentioned on twitch today that the next big game update will undo the nerf to H2s. Roughly in 3 weeks or so is their guess. At least for a while anyways, according to them. Looks like I can go back to subbing. Hopefully you guys will also appreciate the good news.

Edit : https://www.twitch.tv/swtor/v/75476861

At the 5m mark if anyone wants to watch this.

Edited by Setta

So looks like we got a small victory boys and girls.

They mentioned on twitch today that the next big game update will undo the nerf to H2s. Roughly in 3 weeks or so is their guess. At least for a while anyways, according to them. Looks like I can go back to subbing. Hopefully you guys will also appreciate the good news.

Edit : https://www.twitch.tv/swtor/v/75476861

At the 5m mark if anyone wants to watch this.

Nerf the rewards you get from HC2s you mean:)

....which sounds...bad? Isn't it too late for them to change the credits gain? I mean the GTN prices are already high and I doubt that they will come down as people that have grinded them will still have money, so people will be able to still sell with high prices. But for these of us that did just enough to buy and try dyes/whatever without worrying too much it will be bad...

...oh well..I guess it is partially my fault for missing the chance, but imo it would have been a ''fix'' some time ago and now it is just making matters worse...

I mean the GTN prices are already high and I doubt that they will come down as people that have grinded them will still have money, so people will be able to still sell with high prices. But for these of us that did just enough to buy and try dyes/whatever without worrying too much it will be bad...

...oh well..I guess it is partially my fault for missing the chance, but imo it would have been a ''fix'' some time ago and now it is just making matters worse...

I agree with this. There's already so much money out there, that a nerf to heroics isn't going to alter the GTN prices all that much. Some things will be effected, but the big ticket items will remain the same, because players know there's people out there with those type of accounts. However for the average, Joe or Jane, it's going to make things a lot harder. That's why I'm excited about them undoing the nerf. Because now the solo player won't get as screwed.

If they really want to fix the economy they need to understand a few things.

1) Botters this just has to go. They're constantly bringing in an influx of cash into the game that shouldn't be there. I've seen the same botters with a name change farm the same zone, none stop for hours on end. It's something Bioware has to deal with, but it seems like they won't. I mean for crying out loud, they can track just about any activity in the game, from how many mobs were killed to how much money you make to how long your on. It's not that hard to look at certain parameters and say, hmm yep this is a botter.

2) Exploiters. Up there with botters. There have been a number of exploits that have given certain people an ungoldy amounts of money. Maybe they were dealt with behind the scenes, but I've personally heard about a number of people (some who were in my guild at the time) that still got away with that crap. If they did, I can only imagine how many others have. Bioware need to deal with this better.

3) Credit sinks. There's just not enough of them. At least not enough to keep up with influx of cash coming in from all the sources. They had a night life (gambling event) that I thought was brilliant. They could alter it a bit so it's not the same thing over and over again, to where people figure out how to exploit it quickly, but that aside gambling is usually a great way to remove money from the economy.

4) Kind of tied to #3, but the 6% tax on GTN could easily be raised much higher to remove some of the credits in game. If an item sells for 50 million, that's 3 million you loose out to currently. If the tax was 10% (or more) instead (not a huge increase, but still one) that's 5 million. An additional 2 million vanished from the economy in a single transaction. Imagine how many heroics you'd have to do to get that. And even though most transactions are of much smaller quantity than 50 million, it's all percentage based, so even if you had a thousand, 50k transactions, which is a lot more reasonable, that still removes the same additional 2 million credits. During crafting conquests weeks, this would help remove asinine amounts of money from the game, because I've seen top guilds compete for that #1 spot, and how much crafting supplies they buy.

5) Heroic 2s. Yes I do understand and do agree that this brings in a lot of credits. However the bigger problem is the bonus credits you get from having other members in the party. That should be nerfed first by a significant amount, and the pay out for solo players should be nerfed a bit too, but not as much as it has been currently. This would still allow solo players to make money (not as much) and removing the obscene amounts of cash you'd get for grouping bonuses.

I have thoughts on how to make better credit sinks, but that's for another time I believe.