Im still making huge profits from slicing... The Truth about Slicing

Treerootz

So let me get this right... People flood the forums whining about slicing, so they do something about it so people whine twice as hard? LMFAO THIS IS A VIDEO GAME GET OVER IT! IMO slicing should have been taken out to begin with and this would never have been an issue..

People are just pissed cuz everyone who had early access is sitting on a gold mine (760k here) and they didnt get a chance to exploit it... I dont know what ppl are talking about negative returns, you are doing it wrong... Im still making huge profit, just about 30% less then before... Put the effort into figuring out the skill rather then crying about it, and you would still be making a ton of money for doing almost nothing...

Take slicing out completely IMO, save everyone the tears! Slicing makes no sense.. If you want money for not crafting go farm like in every other MMo, go play the auction house.. Spoiled *** little kids....

To all the ppl still slicing and doing it right, keep the secret, we will laugh all the way to the bank!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this right... People flood the forums whining about slicing, so they do something about it so people whine twice as hard? LMFAO THIS IS A VIDEO GAME GET OVER IT! IMO slicing should have been taken out to begin with and this would never have been an issue..

People are just pissed cuz everyone who had early access is sitting on a gold mine (760k here) and they didnt get a chance to exploit it... I dont know what ppl are talking about negative returns, you are doing it wrong... Im still making huge profit, just about 30% less then before... Put the effort into figuring out the skill rather then crying about it, and you would still be making a ton of money for doing almost nothing...

Take slicing out completely IMO, save everyone the tears! Slicing makes no sense.. If you want money for not crafting go farm like in every other MMo, go play the auction house.. Spoiled *** little kids....

To all the ppl still slicing and doing it right, keep the secret, we will laugh all the way to the bank!

Dude you are like an angry teenage child trying to make your ignorant beliefs be heard. No ones mad that losers like you have more money because you've been on longer. I think thousands of us dont care at all haha!

There are all kinds of places that lockboxes and computers and electronic brains spawn in short intervals. You can still get credits and schematics from those without sending companions out. Instead of sitting around spamming companion missions, go out and pick up some free boxes. It's not hard.

i agree with this and check this out straight from torhead right after the 1.0.1 patch

2 missions each with stir crazy loot

for the republic

http://www.torhead.com/crew-mission/8ZkKVru

for the empire

both level 50 quests requiring 400 in slicing to have a decent chance of completing now I challenge someone to literally post a picture and link it of how many credits they get from completing this before they whine because if torhead is accurate (which they have been since beta) then i do not see what anyone is whining about but if they are wrong then atleast show us the margin of error due to the nerf otherwise kindly **** and keep playing

Edited by Phadian_gess

I'm not sure what the secret is. Maybe you'd care to share. See, I've "gained" -4372 credits over 8 hours of slicing...

This is with 3 companions out most of the time, 4 out sometimes, 400 level slicing, doing Rich level 41-49, The Automated Saboteur and Be Careful What You Read whenever available. As of 3 hours into this 8 hour period, The Automated Saboteur disappeared and I haven't seen it since. During this time I also got 3 purple missions and 7 blue missions. That is all.

So yes. In 8 hours of grinding Slicing, I have lost over 4k credits. This is not to mention all the crew skill time that was wasted.

Please, tell your story of slicing misery here.

i agree with this and check this out straight from torhead right after the 1.0.1 patch

2 missions each with stir crazy loot

for the republic

for the empire

both level 50 quests requiring 400 in slicing to have a decent chance of completing now I challenge someone to literally post a picture and link it of how many credits they get from completing this before they whine because if torhead is accurate (which they have been since beta) then i do not see what anyone is whining about but if they are wrong then atleast show us the margin of error due to the nerf otherwise kindly **** and keep playing

The higher level outcomes, while they may be possible, are certainly not likely. I've yet to get over 2k from a level six

I am 42 and 2 of the three companions I am sending out are almost at max affection, 9872 and 8963.

well if you have to crit to make money on the ones that require 400 why not do the lower level missions which you might still net a profit off of? and besides you do know that slicing is the ONLY way to get augments. eventually people will want those endgame augments and that will probably do more than make up for whatever loss you may have now from lockboxes

Augments currently sell for about 1/4th to 1/2 the cost of the mission. They are garbage. And over the course of the day, I have done missions from every tier EXCEPT tiers 1 and 6 (where you cannot make money). So I think I have run the course on all available options. Go back and check my first post in this thread to see exactly what I have been doing and how much I have lost. Edited by DragonDai

Well one tip I can give you is dont ever do tier 6 missions, thats why so many ppl are

Crying negative returns, another is always do rich yields, and bountiful, i still make a ton!

Congrats for you. My G5 Bountiful is a consistent loss. Rich occasionally returns a higher reward than the mission cost. I'm down about 2k today, but that's mostly because I stopped running missions sooner than most

Well one tip I can give you is dont ever do tier 6 missions, thats why so many ppl are

Crying negative returns, another is always do rich yields, and bountiful, i still make a ton!

It's awesome when people don't read the whole post. If you had read, you would have seen that I am running rich/boutifuls of level 3, 4, and 5 only.

This post isn't even 2 pages big yet...what a bunch of slackers.

Edited by DragonDai

Heres a hint... Gathering skills require you to gather....every lockbox and item you gain from missions can be gained for free if you find the appropriate node.

Yes, but if I was sending my crew on, say, Scavaging missions, I would be getting mats from the world AND my companion missions. But with slicing I get credits from the world, and I LOSE credits from the missions...

So, other gathering skills give world mats and crew mission mats...

Slicing "gives" credits from boxes in the world and TAKES credits from crew missions...

One of those things sounds good, one sounds less good...maybe even...BAD?!? Wow...amazing...

Oh, well that's just dandy!

Hey, everyone: This random guy with no evidence or numbers to prove his claims says that slicing is fine so long as you don't use it to its fullest capabilities.

That's just fine! Thanks Bioware, and thank you oh noble scholar for pointing this out. No more crying for me.

True. I am making money and Im a slicer. But I grind the world. I kill mobs. I sell gray items. But on a pure professional level ie. Slicing. I dont make crap.

I find random lockboxes and gain 300-700 credits. Sometimes I even get a green one *gasp*. But yet my crew missions yield me negative money. As a poster above pointed out:

I gain credits in world. I lose credits on crew missions. That is what the complaint is about. I should not lose credits on crew missions designed to PROVIDE CREDITS.

Sure a nerf was needed. But to the percentage that your Level 6 Lockboxes have a negative yield was over the top. It should have been to where you only made 1-2k per mission you sent your companions on. (We were making 5-7k average mission).

Yeah some of us are upset. Wouldn't you be if your 2200 Credit mission for Underworld Trading provided you not with Luxury Cloths and Underworld Metals but with Level 5 Scavengable Compounds?

Yes, but if I was sending my crew on, say, Scavaging missions, I would be getting mats from the world AND my companion missions. But with slicing I get credits from the world, and I LOSE credits from the missions...

So, other gathering skills give world mats and crew mission mats...

Slicing "gives" credits from boxes in the world and TAKES credits from crew missions...

One of those things sounds good, one sounds less good...maybe even...BAD?!? Wow...amazing...

So you are saying those epic recipes you get from slicing, that give you bind on pick up materials, and the only method of obtaining those materials... are a loss and make missions not worth taking, is this what you are saying?

or are you some low level who exploited a poorly implemented system and you have no idea what the uses of slicing are beyond lockboxes?

So you are saying those epic recipes you get from slicing, that give you bind on pick up materials, and the only method of obtaining those materials... are a loss and make missions not worth taking, is this what you are saying?

or are you some low level who exploited a poorly implemented system and you have no idea what the uses of slicing are beyond lockboxes?

Oh man, I forgot about those epic recipes I get every time I do a slicing mission.

Man, how could I blank on those extremely rare epic recipes that I get from slicing missions ALL THE TIME WITHOUT FAIL.

Silly me.

And here I was buying those EXTREMELY CHEAP recipes off of the trade network like an IDIOT. I should've been a shrewd and calculating individual like deserttfoxx, here.

Edited by Swixer