June Producer Livestream Wrap-up (6/30)

EricMusco

You are the one that does not get it. At no time, ever, did I or any other player HAVE to pay real money. Sure.. someone did.. someone who actually was motivated personally for whatever reason to do so.. and then resell items to people like me on the GTN for credits.

Nobody forced you to buy cartel packs with real money. You made that choice all by yourself. Now.. three years later.. a special event will tease out some of the older CM content in random packs in the event. Nothing wrong with that.

No, we didn't have to pay it, nor did I ever suggest that. We chose to because these items were made available and ticketed as awesome, rare items only obtainable via their cartel market. THAT'S why we paid it, not because someone forced us to, just like anything you purchase. But if you purchased a Rolls Royce - not because you have to, but because it's a prestige car - and then a year later they start handing them out to kids for Halloween you'd be pissed. That's how those of us feel who've bought CC. False advertising, nothing less.

Now that they've shown their true colors, let's see how many people continue to purchase their packs - they are now officially worthless, since they've now announced they are willing in principle to make the items within available to everyone at any time for the simplest of achievements.

Edited by Aulus_Claudius

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, we didn't have to pay it, nor did I ever suggest that. We chose to because these items were made available and ticketed as awesome, rare items only obtainable via their cartel market. THAT'S why we paid it, not because someone forced us to, just like anything you purchase. But if you purchased a Rolls Royce - not because you have you, but because it's a prestige car - and then a year later they start handing them out to kids for Halloween you'd be pissed. That's how those of us feel who've bought CC. False advertising, nothing less.

YOU want prestige items.. play end game content or PvP competitions that actually reward with rare BoP unique items only available that way.

To think, much less insist, that even the rarest items via the CM are prestigious is absurd. Since anybody can obtain them, via multiple methods between players in game... your premise is false.

As for false advertising.. no where did they ever state that only buyers of CM packs could/would obtain items. By definition, CM content is freely tradable in game between players. But of course you are free to "read into" anything... whatever you like.... but it does not make you correct.

Edited by Andryah

Companions - Without being spoilery, we have received feedback regarding the impact of Companions leaving via story and the time/money that has been put into them. We are looking at how to solve this issue in the future.

I can understand allowing people access to Scorpio as that is something you had no choice in but I do not think it is a good idea to allow people access to Koth, Jordan or Kayilo if you decided to kill them. A choice you make needs to have consequences and if you allow people to willy nilly change their minds and give them back a companion they made a choice on is saying oh don't worry your choices don't really matter after you state choices matter.

My assassin made a choice with Koth and Jordan and that a choice she fully accepts responsibility for and doesn't expect you to give those companions back and basically just slap her on the wrist for a decision she made. They should not be able to be used no matter what.

Companions - Without being spoilery, we have received feedback regarding the impact of Companions leaving via story and the time/money that has been put into them. We are looking at how to solve this issue in the future.

I can understand allowing people access to Scorpio as that is something you had no choice in but I do not think it is a good idea to allow people access to Koth, Jordan or Kayilo if you decided to kill them. A choice you make needs to have consequences and if you allow people to willy nilly change their minds and give them back a companion they made a choice on is saying oh don't worry your choices don't really matter after you state choices matter.

My assassin made a choice with Koth and Jordan and that a choice she fully accepts responsibility for and doesn't expect you to give those companions back and basically just slap her on the wrist for a decision she made. They should not be able to be used no matter what.

i don't really have a problem with it either way honestly. i mean i can see alowing us to adventure with them just not use them for any story, or saying no we can't. i really have no preference, i'm just inquiring as to how it would work.

If you actually chose to kill off a companion (something players have asked for since they ripped it out of beta) I agree. Live with your decision.

As for Scorpio... she now kinda gives dual meaning to "I've got your back" :D

"I've got your back and I won't let anyone hurt you" OR "I've got your back and I'll show you by putting a knife deeply into it." :p

Running on my Sniper.. I've always been just a little concerned about her loyalties. :)

Why not make the PACKS BoL, but once opened, the items inside are BoP?

How do you know which character you want to unlock the items on if you don't know what's in the box until you open it?

I'm not pushing for bind on legacy items specifically. All I want is a choice of which character to unlock it on initially. Then it's my choice if I want to unlock it account wide—like any other item from any other pack or bought off the GTN. Otherwise the account wide unlock is "forced" on you.

YOU want prestige items.. play end game content or PvP competitions that actually reward with rare BoP unique items only available that way.

To think, much less insist, that even the rarest items via the CM are prestigious is absurd. Since anybody can obtain them, via multiple methods between players in game... your premise is false.

They were sold to us as RARE items. That is what makes an item prestigious, not how you obtained it. But that's really irrelevant to the 'discussion' - fact is, they sold us CM-exclusive items and now they're offering them outside the CM, reducing their value immeasurably. If they want to make them available again I have no problem with that - put the packs they came in back on the CM, don't hand them out for nothing in the faces of paying CM customers.

Of course, as someone who himself admits to having spent 0 on the CM, you really have no right to judge whether those of us who did feel betrayed. Fact is, I'll be spending my money elsewhere, and that's a much bigger hit to EA/BW than what you've contributed to this game. You may not care, they may not care, but that's the way it is.

Edited by Aulus_Claudius

If you actually chose to kill off a companion (something players have asked for since they ripped it out of beta) I agree. Live with your decision.

"I've got your back and I won't let anyone hurt you" OR "I've got your back and I'll show you by putting a knife deeply into it." :p

Running on my Sniper.. I've always been just a little concerned about her loyalties. :)

Yes but if you allow her back for adventuring via the terminal even for those you've killed, then you get the best of both worlds. because using the terminal is optional, and so you can either use them for adventuring to skirt around concequences or just because why not, or you can live with your choices and not use the terminal, thus everyone wins except those who want to force others to play the way they would. and those people should never win.

How do you know which character you want to unlock the items on if you don't know what's in the box until you open it?

I'm not pushing for bind on legacy items specifically. All I want is a choice of which character to unlock it on initially. Then it's my choice if I want to unlock it account wide—like any other item from any other pack or bought off the GTN. Otherwise the account wide unlock is "forced" on you.

That's fair.

I was more thinking along the lines of "only new characters created for DvL are allowed to have any of the cosmetic rewards". Making the packs BoL would at least allow you to send the to your main to open. Seeing as how Eric is saying that BoL items cannot be unlocked in collections, this may be an easier-to-implement compromise.

[*]Group Content - We have stated before that right now, there is no new group content coming in the short term roadmap. However, we do want to let you know that the team is working on group content as we speak. It is our plan to reveal more details later this year. Just to set some expectations, this isn't confirming any specific type of content (Ops, Wzs, FPs), but group content is in the works.

Thanks everyone for tuning in. Feel free to ask any questions you may have in this thread.

-eric

Totally bummed.

As expected Bioware believes its doing the right thing about screwing the veteran players who have to go over all the things again that they already did tons of time.

Though from I read from Dulfy, we might be getting companions we lost throughout KOTFE back through a similar terminal as the old class companion terminal. So that;s a good thing,

Edited by NoomiryarZ

I was hoping they would give a status update on fixing the bug that is preventing some players from completing Chapter 15. Even with the workaround, some have reported that they can't complete it.

I guess I'll just have to hope it will be fixed next Tuesday during server maintenance.

Scorpio yes I can understand (though I never trusted her so never did her rank high) but the others yes you made the choices, you need to accept responsibility for your actions. If not then nothing you do has any consequences and that is not the way it should be.

Thanks for the stream! Unlike the vocal players, I enjoyed it a lot.

The Dark vs. Light event breathed new life into my raiding guild. It has been slow during the past few months because there was only story "content" (1 day per month), but this week we've had 20+ players creating alts for the event. It may be grindy but we are progression players after all, and we don't mind the requirements. (except maybe the 8 toons and 6 crafting skills, that's a tad excessive)

I'm disappointed that you are caving into the players and reverse the heroics nerf. There are way too many credits in the wild and GTN prices are at an all time high. I think you are forgetting that the economy depends not just on the credit drop rates but also on player activity. If you put popular items in a pack with a high rarity (crossguard saber, weapon tuning), then players who want those items will run dailies until they have enough credits to afford them. Those players flood the game with credits and drive GTN prices up even further; a vicious circle.

I hope you have an alternate solution planned once credits from heroics go back up, because this situation is far from fixed. Inflation may be good for the Cartel Market but it's bad for the long-term health of the game. You may just need to adjust the MTX rarities; if the supply of the most popular items is higher, prices go down and players will farm fewer credits.

Hope to get an ETA on Guss Tuno soon, I really want my favorite companion back. :cool: Make it happen for Chapter 16!

When I heard about the credit nerf....I hated it because of the high prices. But I would be at a fair frame of mind, if the drop rates for the rare stuff was higher, which means more on the GTN, which means prices come down, which means more I spend, which means once I have bought them all......why bother continuing to run things when I have bought everything. As my understanding goes anyways, plus I really only keep about 1-2 mil on each character anyways, the only time I go higher is when I'm farming for a specific item that costs 3-5 million, as anything higher is not even worth it because once I farm enough for 6+ million, the price jumps again to 25 million. But I agree, the drop rates for rare items should should be higher.

These new companions from the Dark vs. Light event, will they have a recruitment mission or will we just get them via a token unlock, like Treek or Nico? Do they have companion conversations, or are they even romanceable? Will their presence be in any way acknowledged in KOTFE later on?

1. No. They will be sent out as a token to every character on your account. (If you make it to the Eternal tier.)

2. Most likely not.

3. Most likely not.

Got three questions not answered on the stream.

1) Will the Grand Acquisition Race Chevin World Event ever return once again in the future? It was so awesome with all its rewards. Any update?

2) That was confirmed - Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event is returning soon. Any changes in rewarded items? Last summer most of the players got everything they wanted.

3) When does PvP season 7 end? May be you can tell the month at least.

Thanks!

1. Most likely not, as we can get all the rewards from that event (besides the titles) from the vendor on fleet for the current 3 event currencies.

2. I hope so, as the only reason for me to do that event again, is the Elara Dorne customization of which I have 10 sitting on my bank atm.

3. Even though I do not ranked (hanvnt since season 3 because its to time wasting for the rewards when you keep losing) having a answer for the people that do is a good thing and a question those players have asked for.

In regards to server character slots.

When you increase them by 10, will I be able to log on immediately and create 10 new toons (considering I'm all ready at 40) or will I still have to buy Server Character Slots from the Cartel Market or the GTN?

Will have to buy 10 more if at the max of 40.

Can you tell us now if any romanced companions are likely to be lost through the story (and not by any choice we can make) in the future? I'd like to know now so I can rage quit prior to the next season of knights :rolleyes::D

Doubtful, as the 3 romanceable companions that can "leave" atm, are all due to choices you make. The other ones leave due to storylines, but they are not romanceable. So I'm guessing on the safe side that will never happen.....but....as has been shown many many MANY times.....assuming on this game is very very VERY bad.

About the LvsD event rewards:

Will the Companion we get have armor slots like the original Companions (Kira, Jaesa, etc) or will they have a static appearance like the newer ones (Nico, Lana, etc)?

Most likely like Nico, Lana ect ect. As all new companions they have added since HK-51 have had no availibity to customize them outside of weapons and pre planed customizations.

Are there any plans to do with the unlocking of slots or is it only increasing the max that you can unlock via server slot tokens? It wasn't really addressed clearly in the stream and I saw some people in chat who seemed to think the mentioned 10 were going to be free, which seems very unlikely to me.

So... managing expectations. What's going on there?

Just unlocking 10 more slots to be bought, will have to buy 10 more if already at the max of 40.