What's this about 500 CC for subbing by July 7th?

GetPloughed

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going forward, targeted promotions seem to be the wrong way to go about things. The one for preferred or free players a few months back, seemed to work out fine, but this promotion seems all random. Some subs seen it, some preferred seen it, and it seems that some of those subs got their coins, and some of the preferred got their coins, just a right mess. And it's not like the subs were from a certain date either, just a selected at random, this doesn't seem like something to be repeated. Seems a lot simpler to just give subs some bonus cartel coins here and there.

And for people expecting a BioWare answer, unlikely to happen. They have the London Cantina event this weekend with all the other Star Wars stuff going on, they're most likely there right now.

Hey folks,

Quick update! I talked with the team and just to ensure that we don't hit any issues when granting the coins, they are going to grant them during next Tuesday's maintenance. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Yet again,thanks for your info,Musco. You gotta be my favorite SWTOR employee (just don't tell your boss i said so ;) )

Seriously disappointing. It's been a week since I was supposed to get this. Had the ad on my launcher constantly reminding me for like a week and this is what I get? Haven't even gotten my monthly coins yet....

Me too! I saw this message with this strange guy from KOTFEE (i don't know who is it, haven't played KOTFEE yet) and words "fight Arcann witn additional 500 CC" and i still haven't received anything!

Do you know where we should write about it? I think in-game customer service is quite useless!

Edited by omaan

Saw the promo ad, subbbed because of it on the 4th (as otherwise would've waited till ch. XVI went live) and so far gotten no coins.

So kudos EAware, i think this.. false advertisement fiasco was well played, as it seems bunch of people subscribed after seeing the add and now that you pushed back the release date of last chapter of the Fallen Empire story, if they want access to that, they need to sub an extra month.

I hope i am wrong about this and it's just some massive error/misunderstanding and folks that saw the ad (myself included) get the coins, even if we have to wait few extra days for everything to be sorted out.

(hopefully an official reply is made soon, be it from Eric on whomever, cos right now there are too many cs replies floating around this thread that needlessly muddle up this mess)

EDIT:

If this is true, then yeah, +1 from me as well.

+1 i had this message too but didn't received any coins.

I've been a perma-sub since December 2014. Was I eligible for the 500 extra CCs? I haven't received them. Thanks.

You can get them only if you saw a special message in your launcher. If you didn't had it - you are not eligible to receive them.

I too had the promo on my launcher and have not received any CC. Maybe its time for a different launcher between subs/prefered/F2P so its easier to say, for example, "the promo was directed at F2P/Prefered so was only on the blue launcher. " or "this is a perk for subs, so it will be only on the red launcher" This would also be useful for those who don't know their sub had lapsed and can find out before hitting play.

I've had an ongoing sub for awhile and saw this promo in my launcher and in the same boat, I never received the coins.

If it actually is only for new subs I don't mind, but I also wouldn't mind some word from the devs clarifying that instead of waiting around.

Hey folks,

Quick update! I talked with the team and just to ensure that we don't hit any issues when granting the coins, they are going to grant them during next Tuesday's maintenance. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Still don't have my coins...

Well, it should come as no surprise to anyone who's dealt with BW/EA, or played SWTOR for more than 5 minutes, that they have serious communications issues. Or just a terminal case of institutional apathy. The odds-makers in Vegas are giving even odds on which it really is at the moment.

Sent a message to Eric via Twitter. No reply. At all. Not even an "We're working on it, more details later" message. I guess he's too busy goofing off in London to deal with us lower life forms here. He managed to post on Twitter about that though!

Customer service answered my ticket. Apparently, in addition to the other varying answers posted by others in this thread, while there was a promotion (which they admit!) they have no way to authenticate who did or didn't get the promotion, and as such cannot simply correct the error by granting the coins themselves.

Think about that for a second. A targeted promotion, that they acknowledged, but that they have absolutely no way of verifying who actually got the promotion.....

Yeah...

Thank you for contacting Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service.

I just received your ticket regarding the complimentary bonus coins, these were set to grant on Tuesday, but they did mention that it could take a few days to reach everyone. Unfortunately, we don't have access to this promotion, and can't grant those coins here at Customer Support. If you haven't received the coins by the end of the week, I would recommend posting it on this thread.

Still no coins.

Hell, I don't even have my monthly grant yet, but my second account, which gets billed the same day on the same card, got the monthly yesterday.

Someone should probably tell the Ringmaster that the monkeys have taken over the circus.

I was instructed by customer service to leave a post on this forum thread to inform the Devs that I have not yet received my 500 Bonus cc yet. As soon as someone can address this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

~Gabriel Stryffe

-Steph Prader is the best!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.