What's this about 500 CC for subbing by July 7th?

GetPloughed

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if the 500 coins from that launcher ad are supposed to list as In Game Reward on the coin ledger, I still have not received mine. Only In Game rewards I've gotten as of late was the 20 coins ding for completing chapter 2 & 3 on a class story the first time around.

Same situation as everyone else; I was subbed, saw the post, no coins.

The problem I have is that this is a 'test' of their targeting system. It failed. Everyone who received the ad should get the bonus 500cc - regardless if they were subbed prior to the 7th or only subbed that week - because they received that advertisement. Having glitches like this is perfectly normal; the first couple times they attempt a system like this it's not liable to go well.

But silence and the pushing people off on to someone else to deal with is unacceptable. Someone should come forward and simply be honest - the targeting system isn't working right but it hopefully will in the future - and everyone who saw it that ad can get the bonus 500cc.

Think about that for a second. A targeted promotion, that they acknowledged, but that they have absolutely no way of verifying who actually got the promotion.....

They can verify it. Iam more then sure they have logs which have information about "chosen" accounts. Actually allmost all actions made/taken to our accounts (bann.disbann,adding coins and other) are being saved in their logs. The problem is they need to spend much time to check those logs and i hope they have some utilities to do it fast. Anyway it's their problems,they promoted our accounts for additional bonuses - they MUST give us them.

So I finally opened a ticket on mine the other night. I got this in reply:

"Hi BLANK, (which is extremely weird, because normally they use my real name from account info. This dude used the toon's name who I opened the ticket on.)

I am Dominique from BioWare Star Wars: The Old Republic Support Team and I have worked on your ticket regarding your missing cartel coins.

First of all I would like to ask you to accept my apologies for the length of time it has taken us to get back to you. We are handling an increased ticket volume at the moment and working hard to get it back to an acceptable level.

The cartel coins were due on Tuesday and if you haven't received them, you must have missed one of the requirements. Unfortunately this promo campagin was outside of our customer support reach and we have no information about the requirements nor who's eligible.

We can only recommend to reach out in the forum as the other players who are wondering about it.

If we however get any information or details, we'll try to reach out through the usual channels.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Have fun playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and a nice week!

Best Regards,

Dominique

Star Wars: The Old Republic Support Team"

This is bull. NO response from BW about the missing coins as it seems there are quite a few that got the promo & are missing it!! That's real bad business. Very shady!

Posting on this forum as instructed by support...

I got the promo in my launcher and just like everyone else here didn't get the Cartel Coins (or anything else for that matter).

Thank you for contacting Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service. I have responded to your query in-game and, for your convenience I have included a summary of the response below in case you are unable to access the in-game mail at the moment. Please note – at times, cases and responses from Customer Support may appear blank in the in-game help portal. If you have accessed your case and are unable to see a response from us, please respond to this mail and myself or a colleague will respond as soon as possible.

I am unable to grant you any cartel coins that were promised in a promotion. This was a targeted promotion for certain players and if you believe you should’ve gotten them, please post in the forums over here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8992885#edit8992885

To check back on any details of the case, you can do so at any time by logging into the game on any of your characters and opening the Help Centre. All cases you have submitted will be listed in the Request Help section, alongside the response from us. All cases are set to resolved once a response has been sent however if you would like to discuss this case further, you can do so by replying to this email or creating a new case in-game.

Wondering what is going on with it...

The situation is not surprising... fail after fail, i really hope they can check logs and confirm who's accounts had that promo. They should create a new topic where people who had promo but still haven't received CC could write about it and ask for check and after they check our accounts - we get our coins. Easy enough but i wonder why are they ignoring us?

and now that you pushed back the release date of last chapter of the Fallen Empire story, if they want access to that, they need to sub an extra month.

They already said anyone who's subbed on the original release date will get chapter 16 when it comes out. So we won't need to sub for another month just to get it. Now whether or not they follow through on that promise remains to be seen as well.

Edited by ThundercatPumyra

He did post on here saying by next week those of us that had that promo show up should get the coins. My fear is if i have to put in a in game request I am unable to do to the Big fact of the mail spam and when you try to put one in was told ubale to had reach my max allowed and only ones I see open are the in game mail reports of the farmer buy mail:mad:

Saw the promo thing on the launcher for 500 CC's for July 7th. Got nothing still. Put in a ticket and got the reply saying "customer service has not been provided with any further information regarding community promotions. Check out this thread." and then gave me a link to this thread. This thread that appears to be nothing but people saying they haven't gotten it as well and nothing about bioware actually doing something about this.

If you can't handle giving randomly to subscribers maybe you should have dished out the coins to everyone who was subscribed on the date.

On another note, how is it a reward for subscribing if it's randomly given out. That's just a reward for being lucky..

Now, I amy be reading this wrong and it may be the alleged "targeting" was off if I am right.

But is it possible that if you were unsubbed, got the promo, and then subbed you'd get the CC?

These promos need to be targeted more clearly, explained FAR, FAR more clearly and - above all else - delivered on time.

All The Best