Light vs Dark Victorious Pioneer Armor Set

Tgellan

Got my first three pieces, and I am hugely disappointed. Thought it was a set one could use for leveling. Which it kinda is, but then again it's terrible cause one has to change the freaking Mod and Enhancement slots ALL the time while leveling. It's great it's Legacy bound, it's great it has bonus to XP for leveling, but it's freaking useless, cause I do not want to sit and replace mod and enhancement ALL the time while leveling, I just do heroics solo while leveling and get far better gear. Better gear means I kill faster, means I level faster, so screw this bonus to xp, this set to me is worthless. thx, Bioware for screwing up a Legacy Armor set that could have been amazing.

Not to forget it looks terrible.

I do love this event, but the rewards are crap. I am getting them on a new toon, not my main that I have been playing on for years. So in order for me to use it on my main, I have to use Cartel Coins, these rewards is Biowares way of saying "Thanks for using your money on Cartel Coins" ... it's so obvious that they are pushing their faithful players to spend more money on cartel coins. Well you get my subscription money, for now, but this is not better than new Ops and I am not going to waste any more money on Cartel Coins. In fact, after HK-55 I am very likely going to cancel my subscription.

Edited by Tgellan

Got my first three pieces, and I am hugely disappointed. Thought it was a set one could use for leveling. Which it kinda is, but then again it's terrible cause one has to change the freaking Mod and Enhancement slots ALL the time while leveling. It's great it's Legacy bound, it's great it has bonus to XP for leveling, but it's freaking useless, cause I do not want to sit and replace mod and enhancement ALL the time while leveling, I just do heroics solo while leveling and get far better gear. Better gear means I kill faster, means I level faster, so screw this bonus to xp, this set to me is worthless. thx, Bioware for screwing up a Legacy Armor set that could have been amazing.

Perhaps they will produce scaling Legacy mods in the future. To be fair though, the suit only mentioned the EXP bonus, nothing else.

Perhaps they will produce scaling Legacy mods in the future. To be fair though, the suit only mentioned the EXP bonus, nothing else.

You are right. Doesn't makes it any less crappy. And yes they could make it very useful if they fix the way armoring, mods and enhancement works. The way they should work, is that they work from level 1 to the level you craft them at. so a tier 5 crafted mod, works from 1-5, adjusted according to your level. But right now, it's crap.

Not to forget it looks terrible.

I don't really understand your gripe here. While leveling, you only need to replace your mods and enhancements every 15 levels or so. Keeping up with your main hand and off hand is way more important. Also, the experience boost you get from the first set bonus will FAR outweigh the speed you kill things (not to mention the bonus to quest exp).

Lastly, appearance designer?

I don't really understand your gripe here. While leveling, you only need to replace your mods and enhancements every 15 levels or so. Keeping up with your main hand and off hand is way more important. Also, the experience boost you get from the first set bonus will FAR outweigh the speed you kill things (not to mention the bonus to quest exp).

This - There's no need to replace mods until you hit a point where youre under the levelsync hard caps. If you're level 35 and have level 34 mods in, but progression wise, you just started Taris/Balmorra, it's going to be a bit before you need to replace the item mods, and when you do, just replace with the highest level available, and the cycle will continue

You know we have a costume designer right?

You can just get the look on your character and not worry about the mods but just use normal leveling armour from crates and such for the stats.

Edit: didn't see the part about xp bonus, but yeh there is is a set armour bonus.

Edited by Tsillah

Realize that the permanent 128 rating armorings (level 48 equivalent) more than make up for not putting mods or enhancements in the pieces at all until the mid-levels. You might want to update them every 10 levels or so and you'll have way more than enough daily comms to do so.

I never use orange gear that much anymore lol so I dont mod much.

I have my other toon craft armor which are usually much better than mod equivalents, including sabers. Once i hit 65, I get the radiant crystal and glowing crystal gear armors. They are much more powerful :D oh and MK9 Augements for every piece.

I love that the pioneer set pretty much looks like the old temple guardian set ^^ I only hope once i get one set, that i can share it with my other toons. (Im a noob at all this BoL and Collection unlock stuff )

Does anyone know if this armor set works with the xp boosts that you can buy? I only have the first 3 pieces at the moment and I want to use them with the major or minor experience boosts that I buy to stack xp gain to 50%.

Is this possible?

(Slightly off topic I know)

Edited by Silvercell

Does anyone know if this armor set works with the xp boosts that you can buy? I only have the first 3 pieces at the moment and I want to use them with the major or minor experience boosts that I buy to stack xp gain to 50%.

Is this possible?

(Slightly off topic I know)

im not sure..but i would assume that they stack ;o otherwise the XP boost consumables would be a waste =/

Personally, I don't bother updating the mods - I'm usually level-sync'ed anyway, so it doesn't make as much of a difference. Got a level 44 char wearing it ATM, with Rating 54 mods (level 18) in it, still doing well enough. Edited by CrazyCT

I'm just baffled it doesn't have an armoring slot. if it at least had that you could mod it and use it as leveling gear. Without one, it's pretty worthless.

Seems like a bit of a lazy fix to me - it's rated for level 48, but you can use it at level 1. It means you've got some decent armour that you can use right away, without having to wait till you get to the fleet to get mods to put in it. It was probably easier than implementing armour that would level up with you.

And getting 48 levels out of any armour piece is far from useless.

Edited by CrazyCT

You really don't need to replace them at all. The extra stats, from the mod especially, will be vacated by level sync until you hit Corellia or so. If you do flash points, the missing stats will be fixed by bolster.

The only thing worth modding are the enhancements, and the little bit of crit/alacrity/whatever you may get, and it's just not worth the hassle. I'm presently levelling my 7th toon for DvL. For the six that have had the armor, I have yet to put a single mod in them. I'm hitting 50 *well* before I hit Corellia, and 65 for most of them. It does get a little dicey around Rishi using the armor, but since I only do Rishi up until you have to do Blood Hunt, it's not a problem.