L/D Event and influencing the "state of the galaxy"

BaronBS

The worst part about the money-grubbing insult that is this event? The in-game canon will be affected. Drawing only from the characters created during the event, the decisions made will influence (through majority rule, so probably favoring the Imps) the 'state of the galaxy'.

That is an exceptionally coercive way to, well, coerce people like myself who have already gone through our own 'star wars saga' and all that to grind through 8 characters again... just to have our 'vote' counted.

I'm a founder and have played since launch, as well as several other MMOs over the years -- this the first time I've felt insulted.

Just absolutely ridiculous.

It isn't really influencing a "state of the galaxy"

If more players play dark side, they will give all players the dark side companion.

I expect the "losing" companion to be on the CM or a vendor for credits anyways. They would be foolish to waste development time on another companion (unless it is just a companion with 4 sets of dialogue).

Imagine if both had the same V.O. or actually it was revealed that one side was going to win anyways due to development limitations...LOL

It isn't really influencing a "state of the galaxy"

If more players play dark side, they will give all players the dark side companion.

I expect the "losing" companion to be on the CM or a vendor for credits anyways. They would be foolish to waste development time on another companion (unless it is just a companion with 4 sets of dialogue).

Imagine if both had the same V.O. or actually it was revealed that one side was going to win anyways due to development limitations...LOL

"Plus, the outcome of everyone’s dark and light side decisions will determine the state of the galaxy as the future of Star Wars: The Old Republic evolves this fall. So be sure to check here to see which side is dominating and stay tuned for more details!"

If this is really the first time that you have felt insulted by them being a founder, then we have a problem...

The first time that I was affected enough to post :p

Nah, but this is just way beyond any other instance.

Lightside does not imply Republic and Darkside does not imply Empire. There are plenty of darkside Repuclic citizens and plenty of lightside Imperials.

That's a fair point, guess I was thinking mostly about the population imbalance between pubs and imps -- which favors the imps.

This is what I was thinking, too.

Fact is, that they came up with the idea only recently, and only recently Light Side "is catching up".

Which might mean that older players might rather play the solo part - KOTFE - than younger players, according to that article which I had linked here about age & "sides".