Fix my damn sorc

bethanylilly

After the so called "nerf", it takes about 1 minute on healing intensive fight to notice the difference in force management, and about same to fix it.

If you don't have regen buff up 100% (cept burn healing while capped on force), you are doing it wrong. If you bubble people who aren't taking damage, you are doing it wrong. If you use revivification when only a few people take damage, you are doing it wrong. If your effective healing is less than 80%, you are doing it wrong.

In the meantime, while keeping up force takes more than few brain cells now, burst is still godlike, and nothing was ever so close to "heal group to full" as current iteration of roaming mend. All while operatives are sobbing in the corner toying with 192/198 set 2p bonus to have some burst at all.

Sorry, but anyone seriously complaining about sorcs being useless now, is useless as a healer and a burden for his group.

Also, if you can't offdps at least half the time as solo healer on bonethrasher (any class, pre or post so called "nerf"), either your dps have 0 idea where to stand, or your so called "tank" have 0 idea what he is doing.

Too bad I only healed 4/5 NiM TfB pug since so called "nerf", so my opinion is obviously irrelevant :rolleyes:

what do you have against useless heals m8?:rak_02:

I don't understand how you can possibly be out of force after just one rotation. Are you using nothing but Dark Heal and Revivification?

Not-so-pro tip: Resurgence > Innervate > Consuming Darkness

Real tip: Don't bubble unless the recipient is likely to take damage. Save it for the tanks and occasionally the healers. Use Consuming Darkness liberally, only when it is procced. Innervate on cooldown. It procs your Consuming Darkness when it crits. Don't use Revivification -- it's a weak AoE and it eats up more the 10% of your total resource pool as well as any and all Consuming Darkness stacks (don't remember what they're called). Don't use Dark Heal unless it's procced. Resurgence before Dark Infusion/Innervate/Roaming Mend.

Edited by Darth_Raxis

To those that say that it wasn't a big nerf, well actually it was a pretty big one, given that force regen has to be used nearly rotationally. But, it was actually long overdue and like the way it is right now as it makes the class way more interesting, requiring planning ahead. Only thing I wished was that they wouldn't have touched the cost of the bubble, but anyway not a big deal. Of course the OP is a problem with skill and not due to the nerf as in particularly these bosses are, yes indeed, solo-healable.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't want to be rude, but KP is hardly considered an HM raid. And if your guildmates have problems healing it at 2 , you have other problems than a nerf.

QFT. KP? Get Real.

To those that say that it wasn't a big nerf, well actually it was a pretty big one, given that force regen has to be used nearly rotationally. But, it was actually long overdue and like the way it is right now as it makes the class way more interesting, requiring planning ahead. Only thing I wished was that they wouldn't have touched the cost of the bubble, but anyway not a big deal. Of course the OP is a problem with skill and not due to the nerf as in particularly these bosses are, yes indeed, solo-healable.

This is prob the most balanced answer.

This healing reminds me of sage heals back in 2.0-3.0

Things I haven't seen mentioned yet. It used to be Noble Sacrifice, and eat your health. Now it's Vindicate and if you use it without a stack of resplendence, you'll feel pain (with exception) -- there is a one shot where you cancel the debuff if you do something else.

I suggest a guide on Dulfy: that will explain a bit.

The old Rataka/192/198 2 pc bonus is now the 6 pc bonus and it is important. It should have probably remained the first 2 pcs.

They put Vindicate back on the GCD which it didn't used to be. Yes, 4.0 healing as a sage was stupid easy to be godlike. You could get sloppy and still do very well. But back in the 2.0 and 3.0 days... you had the same issues you have now. sometimes with Noble sacrifice on the GCD, sometimes not. I wish it weren't.

So mostly, for those of us around a while, it's shrug off the bad habits that crept in and back to business. For new players... it's back to the drawing board, you came in when it was the easiest ever, and it got reset. Now you have to learn how it really works.

Your aoe is... to be used sparingly on a group taking lots of damage in one place, ie. stacked on Op IX or Xeno in burn phase. The rest of the time, healing trance and deliverance (with rejuv first) is paramount. Super crits are new, and you must now factor for them by loading crit, and you can pretty much expect crits. I use the stacks (of resplendence) I crit to get my force back but DO NOT wait until you're down 25% to start. Take one stack at a time, keep healing, make it part of your rhythm. Since vindicate is on the GCD you can't stand there and do 2 or 3 stacks at once, or you're not healing for that much time, which is...well.. not usually a good idea unless people are just picking the grass out of their teeth.

Still, I now remind my raid partners to use their own defensive cooldowns. That's what they're for. I am not a babysitter. I'm there to keep the tank alive and make sure we make our dps checks and don't enrage and to be part of a team. I can't do that if I'm healing stupid. So I will remind people to not make glaring mistakes. For dps to get interrupts (sage/sorc interrupts have longest cooldown in the game) though you can* pick up an emergency interrupt if you must, it's easier than trying to deal with a raid-wide debuff.

Healing while leveling is nothing like healing a raid group that's getting things done. If y ou're new to the game and looking for an easy class to play and learn, I don't know if I would start as a healer, of any kind. Lucky for me, I got adopted by some hard-core raiders early on, and even though they schooled me and I didn't always like it, I learned a lot. It's an ongoing process. Go dps... it's more forgiving and if you miss a beat, you won't leave people dead on the floor. Or at least you're less likely to.

While bragging about healing KP is a bit of bravado, raiding is definitely teamwork and HM raiding does not allow for a lot of mistakes. NiM is essentially unforgiving. If you're doing NiM, your moves better be muscle memory.

But a lot of people were done a disservice if they started at KoTFE and thought *that* was the essence of Sorc/Sage heals. It was a fun respite. But it couldn't last. BTW I also heal on an Operative and I've just finished a bounty hunter (heat being as much of an issue as force) and working on a commando. So... they're different, they're all useful, and they all require that, the more strategic the gameplay, the better you know your tools, how to use them, when to use them and when NOT to use them.

TL:DR, read a guide (linked) and practice on shorter fights, moving up to longer ones. And LEARN the fight mechanics. Then you will know when and when not to do what. And you will also learn when others are getting themselves into trouble. I dps as well, so it helps me to know how better to heal...knowing what dps needs to do. Now I have finished a tank, and am beginning to tank.

And if players don't use their own out of combat heals between fights, they get zero sympathy from me if they start the next one at 2/3 or 1/2 health. I won't bail them out. They can just contemplate their own stupidity on the floor while we finish.

Edited by PatT
spelling