Post chapter 16...

KStone

Maybe make a setup or something to where we could change what our "ship" is that we're flying. When KOTFE took off we have no companions to worry about in it anyways, so it'd be nice to be able to change the ship we have. Could maybe have a "Ship Collector" on Odessen - make it possible to "Collect" the various ship types and switch what your piloting on Odessen. This way then for Cinematics, ship interior, etc. it's all setup from Odessen only. Maybe even make it a Legacy thing - lvl 50 Legacy unlock, 10 mil regular creds or 1,440 cartel coins (like a suit of armor) per ship. Anyways, just my 2 creds worth - but it'd be nice to be able to switch ships.

I feel like this has been suggested before.

totally agree though, I'd love to be able to fly a different ship, especially on classes like Jedi/Trooper where you'd want to be able to use something other than the Standard ship you were given.

I'm not opposed to this, but how would it fit into the story? Especially "Post Chapter 16."

Well, maybe have a chapter happen at a used ship salesman's lot, you save his hide and his business, he gives you a ship of your choice as a reward, and lets you know if you want another ship, come back and he'll give you a big discount, always. Have that NPC become a place to buy new ships of other classes.

And then everyone gets a Sith ship for their PCs. Then buys an Agent ship.

I feel like this has been suggested before.

totally agree though, I'd love to be able to fly a different ship, especially on classes like Jedi/Trooper where you'd want to be able to use something other than the Standard ship you were given.

Or the ugly as sin BH ship.

I'm not opposed to this, but how would it fit into the story? Especially "Post Chapter 16."

There's a lot of ways it can fit into the story. There's the already suggest ship sales-person. Another way is to remember you -ARE- on a remote planet with -both- Republic AND Sith Empire races. Come up with some method of restructuring for "a mission" or "buying a ship from someone so they have credits to send home for a family member" or anything really.

Trading in your ship and getting a new one shouldn't be too hard to come up with excuses honestly. Post chapter 16 we'll have lots of reasons anyways - depending on how the ending goes both sides are going to be rebuilding, and the need for credits to use to pay people to rebuild is there - ere go sell surplus ships.