How Best To Augment A Guardian Tank For PVP

spparker

Speaking strictly for regs, Guardian Tanks are so damn tough you dont really need any extra endurance, and certainly no defense/shield/absorb

Putting them in full crit/power gear is just insane right now. I see DPS tanks outperform actual DPS all the time because they have no downtime. No need to kite or line-of-sight, reflect back half that snipers rotation and when sorcs try to tunnel you with dots use warding call and the adrenal and /laugh because you are invinceable while you are crushing faces and guarding and taunting and healing.

Its kind of dumb really.

Edited by KevinQCowart

Real men play defense tanks.

sure if they want to be as effective as a wet nudle compared to a dps tank, there is no point at all for a guardian or jugg tank to wear tank armor, if you manege your defensive cooldowns well enough and have just a semi decent healer on your team, then a dps geard tank is just as effective at tanking as a tank geard one, with the added benefit of being able to dish out some damege themselves.

As a Juggernaut tank it's all about managing those reliable cooldowns that are gonna keep you from dying. Now from a solo perspective with not much incentive to play well with others I would suggest going Endurance/Power. I suggested because there are plenty of new comers to the tanking world and its a bit of a learning curve on how to utilize the maximum potential someone can accomplish as a tank. For a well experienced player it all depends on the flavor of play style. As an experienced player that performs on the high end in warzones I figured that I'm better off stacking as much power as I could making my augments Power/Endurance. The lack of moves a Jug tank are stuck with makes you reconsider the decision of any other stat in my opinion. My *Major damage dealer* crushing blow can hit at 17-18k on crit, without I'm reaching 8-9ks. I haven't completely switched out of all my mods so I'm still stuck with a few defense absorb and shield chance but I'm sure once they are replaced, that 17-18k might look more like 25k. Why I didn't choose mastery well because I need that assured damage from power to cause harm, without stacking enough power in my opinion is bottlenecking your dps because we aren't a burst class but a sustained damage dealer. If we had burst as a tank then I would rock crit till I die.

As a Juggernaut tank it's all about managing those reliable cooldowns that are gonna keep you from dying. Now from a solo perspective with not much incentive to play well with others I would suggest going Endurance/Power. I suggested because there are plenty of new comers to the tanking world and its a bit of a learning curve on how to utilize the maximum potential someone can accomplish as a tank. For a well experienced player it all depends on the flavor of play style. As an experienced player that performs on the high end in warzones I figured that I'm better off stacking as much power as I could making my augments Power/Endurance. The lack of moves a Jug tank are stuck with makes you reconsider the decision of any other stat in my opinion. My *Major damage dealer* crushing blow can hit at 17-18k on crit, without I'm reaching 8-9ks. I haven't completely switched out of all my mods so I'm still stuck with a few defense absorb and shield chance but I'm sure once they are replaced, that 17-18k might look more like 25k. Why I didn't choose mastery well because I need that assured damage from power to cause harm, without stacking enough power in my opinion is bottlenecking your dps because we aren't a burst class but a sustained damage dealer. If we had burst as a tank then I would rock crit till I die.

Thanks. Helpful comment. Appreciate it.