The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Treasure Hunting Lockboxes are causing massive inflation and a proposed solution.

Rozaran

who cares. the game probably doesn't have much time left. let people gain credits the way they want. enjoy the game while its still here... yeah maybe the game has lots of inflation from this but it has lots of inflation from other things too so who cares. Edited by Akostt

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who cares if people buy credits. some people can't afford the price of cartel coins and at least they spend it on the gtn thus helping others sell their wares

Credit buyer triggered.

Edited by JeKoCZ

You know, this thread did make me realize why I've been seeing so many juggs standing by out of the way vendors. For instance I've seen the same one on Harbinger for three weeks now up in Kamos on Alderaan and there's another on DK in the Kass city expansion area. They have no achievements except Korriban and currency.

we should consider that they want the game to be like this. sure it creates inflation but that means you can sell your items for more on the gtn. no need to be jealous that someone figured out how to do this.

we should consider that they want the game to be like this. sure it creates inflation but that means you can sell your items for more on the gtn. no need to be jealous that someone figured out how to do this.

thing about inflation is it devalues everyones game currency. so if you have a guy who played 4 months ago and comes back to the game he is going to be pretty dissapointed that he can't buy 20% of what his credits were worth 5 months ago due to inflation.

thing about inflation is it devalues everyones game currency. so if you have a guy who played 4 months ago and comes back to the game he is going to be pretty dissapointed that he can't buy 20% of what his credits were worth 5 months ago due to inflation.

Honestly IDGAF about ingame inflation. I don't need credits for anything to play the game. Repair bills are covered by running 1 planet H2s at most. Gearing an alt costs about 600k if you craft augments and kits yourself and by the time that alt is 65 lvl he has ~1-1.5 millions. All the expensive stuff is on the GTN and is cosmetic only so i don't care about it. I really cannot understand your obsession with in game inflation.

Honestly IDGAF about ingame inflation. I don't need credits for anything to play the game. Repair bills are covered by running 1 planet H2s at most. Gearing an alt costs about 600k if you craft augments and kits yourself and by the time that alt is 65 lvl he has ~1-1.5 millions. All the expensive stuff is on the GTN and is cosmetic only so i don't care about it. I really cannot understand your obsession with in game inflation.

This too. CM items are purely cosmetic, or are unlocks for the non-subs. They're removed any mechanical-benefit items for subs. I'm not going to argue that cosmetic items aren't a powerful carrot, but I'll also note that yesterday, simply by running a decent number of heroics (I cleared Ord Mantell, Coruscant, NS, and Belsavis, and did 2 on Alderaan) I turned 1.3 mil by myself. Admittedly, this is a high level of effort for me, but I want the Huntress set.

but i hate how people argue against credit sellers, obviously the devs don't care because they leave spammers and loopholes like this in place. the truth is they realize not everyone can afford cartel coins and buy credits instead. the credit sellers offer a valuable service to those who can't afford cartel coins and because of loopholes like this they can offer large amounts of credits for good prices......... the credit buyers then buy items off the gtn and help the economy.... so don't be jealous that some people produce lots of credits from loopholes like this, its obviously intended to make it easier for credit sellers and buyers because it helps the economy. do you really believe they can't stop spammers? why do you think you get multiple spams a day and loopholes like this don't get fixed. it's because it's intended!!! so get used to it.

but i hate how people argue against credit sellers, obviously the devs don't care because they leave spammers and loopholes like this in place. the truth is they realize not everyone can afford cartel coins and buy credits instead. the credit sellers offer a valuable service to those who can't afford cartel coins and because of loopholes like this they can offer large amounts of credits for good prices......... the credit buyers then buy items off the gtn and help the economy.... so don't be jealous that some people produce lots of credits from loopholes like this, its obviously intended to make it easier for credit sellers and buyers because it helps the economy. do you really believe they can't stop spammers? why do you think you get multiple spams a day and loopholes like this don't get fixed. it's because it's intended!!! so get used to it.

How can you afford to go to an RMT (and take the risk of credit card fraud), but not afford to buy a couple CC and convert them to credits via selling packs or contents on GTN?

This too. CM items are purely cosmetic, or are unlocks for the non-subs. They're removed any mechanical-benefit items for subs. I'm not going to argue that cosmetic items aren't a powerful carrot, but I'll also note that yesterday, simply by running a decent number of heroics (I cleared Ord Mantell, Coruscant, NS, and Belsavis, and did 2 on Alderaan) I turned 1.3 mil by myself. Admittedly, this is a high level of effort for me, but I want the Huntress set.

Yes, ops authorization is the only slightly expensive item from the GTN but it's still manageable. We have some preferred players in the guild that needed those but it was never a problem - they were able to farm the ~1.5 millions in a couple of days. Lately they don't even need to do this.

Honestly I prefer the current state of the economy to the old one where i had to delay buying speeder because otherwise i wouldn't be able to buy skills. Even playing the GTN is a lot more engaging because the market is more dynamic now and I need to check prices at least once a day.

Not to mention that many RMT websites are laden with malware, hijacking code, etc.

wow you just believe what everyone tells you huh. this is a business. those websites are safe. they want repeat customers, duh

wow you just believe what everyone tells you huh. this is a business. those websites are safe. they want repeat customers, duh

A good laugh around this time of day always helps me get through the long afternoon at the office.

Thank you.

You know, your writing style looks awfully familiar, and you're defending the credit sellers as trustworthy, and your account just started posting... hmmm.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Paid fornication workers want repeat customers too. But I still "double-bag the groceries." Edited by Thoronmir

A good laugh around this time of day always helps me get through the long afternoon at the office.

Thank you.

You know, your writing style looks awfully familiar, and you're defending the credit sellers as trustworthy, and your account just started posting... hmmm.

those sites are safe but keep believing a bunch of old wives tales. whatever makes ya happy.

those sites are safe but keep believing a bunch of old wives tales. whatever makes ya happy.

And if they aren't ? Who helps the innocent "customer" THEN ?

Don't you know that GREED is one of the strongest drives in humanity ? That people are willing to do ALMOST ANYTHING to get richer ?

And if they aren't ? Who helps the innocent "customer" THEN ?

Don't you know that GREED is one of the strongest drives in humanity ? That people are willing to do ALMOST ANYTHING to get richer ?

So we have this brand new poster -- with the same writing style and saying the same thing as the last two posters who were all over this topic, freaking out about the plummeting prices on "credits for dollars", and attacking sources of legitimate player-ground credits in the game, and who constantly told us what a reliable source of information the RMTs are -- now telling us that we should trust the RMT websites as if they were legitimate businesses worried about their reputation and customer loyalty.

OK...

So we have this brand new poster -- with the same writing style and saying the same thing as the last two posters who were all over this topic, freaking out about the plummeting prices on "credits for dollars", and attacking sources of legitimate player-ground credits in the game, and who constantly told us what a reliable source of information the RMTs are -- now telling us that we should trust the RMT websites as if they were legitimate businesses worried about their reputation and customer loyalty.

OK...

Malware, man in the middle ware and phishing? Pffft, the internet will protect your computer from all of this. There aren't any viruses on the internet, cha. Why just sign up right here, all we need is a credit card, your mothers maiden name, answer a few of our 'just in case you forgot your password' questions and you'll be protected.

the credit sellers offer a valuable service ...

/e *chokes on coffee*

This is a red-letter day in my book. I've never seen anyone defend the gold selling industry in a non-ironic fashion before.

/e *chokes on coffee*

This is a red-letter day in my book. I've never seen anyone defend the gold selling industry in a non-ironic fashion before.

He sadly has a point. The cartel coins > credits ratio has increased; while years ago a hypercrate would sell for 8m tops, now we're lucky to see something below 20m. Not everybody is willing to spend money on cartel coins to buy stuff and not everybody is willing to spend time farming heroics to buy stuff.

Therefore, the fastest way to buy shiny stuff from the gtn with little to none effort is to open your wallet and bend 90° in front of gold sellers. Their prices are kinda low, all considered. Which makes it sadly easy for people to fall to the temptation and buy from them instead of playing the game like it's intended to be played.