Eternal Championship Speedrun Reminder

EricMusco

Class balance in general is pretty awful which in turn affected the speed run. I will only talk about my class which is Assassin. Deception was rendered useless in the competition due to maul having a positional requirement and force cloak unavailable in combat (Would have reseted the fight anyway). Trust me I would have played deception on most fights had it been viable.

For the next competition it would be good to seperate classes into their own categories (like the PVP leaderboards) unless proper class balance is achieved. Which class would you think wins if the first parses 6.8k and the second can do 7.4k for example. DPS Assassins are lacking in many categories currently.

Assassins can kite without dps loss, have good defensive cooldowns, Phasewalk, instant AoE....

If my assassin would've had gear I would rather have played my Assassin for Eternal Championship than my Sniper.

I think legit respeccing between the first 8 fights without time loss is pretty much impossible. For my runs I did choose one spec with 3 dots for every fight (despite Virulence and Marksmann being stronger for a couple of fights).

Tough, I would really like to see a detailed Leaderboard for every advanced Class by Bioware (like the PvP Leaderboard).

Sidenode: The first 2 parses on Parsely for Engineering are faked, but I am not sure what do you mean with the parse numbers.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assassins can kite without dps loss, have good defensive cooldowns, Phasewalk, instant AoE....

If my assassin would've had gear I would rather have played my Assassin for Eternal Championship than my Sniper.

I think legit respeccing between the first 8 fights without time loss is pretty much impossible. For my runs I did choose one spec with 3 dots for every fight (despite Virulence and Marksmann being stronger for a couple of fights).

Tough, I would really like to see a detailed Leaderboard for every advanced Class by Bioware (like the PvP Leaderboard).

Sidenode: The first 2 parses on Parsely for Engineering are faked, but I am not sure what do you mean with the parse numbers.

The DPS comparison was between Assassin and Marauder. All ranged classes should be behind melee to begin with but that's not the case atm. The developers have said that melee sustained should do the highest DPS this means that Annihilation, Lethality, Hatred, Vengeance and Pyrotech should be at the top and since there hasn't been an update to this I take it's still valid.

Agree on the respeccing part. Here's a question though, how would you feel if one of your 2 DPS specs would be useless for the solo challenge. Can't maul with a DPS companion because they can't hold aggro and Force Cloak unavailable while in combat inside the arena. Force Cloak also has the bad habit of resetting fights while soloing. Both Assassin DPS specs are lacking and it makes matters even worse that one of them was useless for the competition. I would have got much better time if Deception had been viable, it truly irritates me.

The DPS comparison was between Assassin and Marauder. All ranged classes should be behind melee to begin with but that's not the case atm. The developers have said that melee sustained should do the highest DPS this means that Annihilation, Lethality, Hatred, Vengeance and Pyrotech should be at the top and since there hasn't been an update to this I take it's still valid.

Agree on the respeccing part. Here's a question though, how would you feel if one of your 2 DPS specs would be useless for the solo challenge. Can't maul with a DPS companion because they can't hold aggro and Force Cloak unavailable while in combat inside the arena. Force Cloak also has the bad habit of resetting fights while soloing. Both Assassin DPS specs are lacking and it makes matters even worse that one of them was useless for the competition. I would have got much better time if Deception had been viable, it truly irritates me.

I had considered Marksmann pretty useless from the start, cause it sustained damage is too low (especially compared to other burst classes). And Virulence has 0 burst, so I also didnt really consider it (although it is amazing on boss 7 :) ). So when I started the competition a few days ago it was Engineering or nothing for me.

Well tbh I think that Hatred is the better spec for the challenge, as you should be able to push the doom droid before the first add wave (contrary to Deception) with Heroic Abilities (atleast that would've been my tactic with Assassin I guess, cause pushing the Doom Droid gives you +15 sec).

Deception (if you could use Maul) might be better for the first 5 bosses, but a good time is decided by the longer fights in the later stages were Hatred trumps (AoE is very good for boss 6-8, Dots are very good for boss 7, 9 and 10).

I aggree that Assassin lacks sustained dps compared to other classes and is not (in my opinion) a very good mdps class for a raid.

But other Melee Specs rely on channeled abilities (Mara, Jugg) have a slow ramp up time (Anni) no rotational Instant AoE (DF) + Dotspread....

Currently we don't really know the best times yet (I assume Parsely is a bit bugged), so I am not 100% sure about everything yet.

Edited by THoK-Zeus

19 second improvement is pretty significant gratz on that. Too bad I don't have SSD to shave off a few seconds from loading times but with a stopwatch my best time was around 12:07 and I don't feel I could have improved much on combat times so I'm happy with my result.

Yeah, once I heard that people were getting an achievement for doing it under 15 minutes, timing it myself and realizing I was barely clearing 18 minutes, I decided not to bang my head against the wall. I can clear it quickly and easily, but I had a lot of seconds to shave off, and it just wasn't going to happen in time. Congrats to whichever member of Zorz wins. :p

I agree with the posts that suggested being able to save your progress.

Well done in advance to those who can speed run successfully. I'm excluded from the competition due to location parameters so you can all just count your lucky stars!!;)

I'm just happy I earned Sprint Champion on my Sharpshooter spec Gunslinger with my best companion at 46 Influence and well less than full 224 gear. Maybe half 224 gear. The rest mostly 220 with maybe even a Grade 216 Mk-1 implant still. I'm sure it can be done by many in that spec, but it was no cakewalk compared to my experience pulling out several other classes for the follow-ups I did while going after the title for finishing with all 8 base classes.

how could they have possibly select any winners on my two hands i cant count in how many ways u could exploit/ bug these encounters. and 90% of the player-base who stepped foot in there did it.

#EAQA

As you are able to detect bugs/exploit with uploaded logs from parsely, I doubt that Bioware can't see exploits. Also I doubt that 90% of the player-base exploited.

Edited by THoK-Zeus

NO. What the FLYING **** bioware?

MULTIPLE PLAYERS breached the 12min 39s mark, over 8 if my count is correct, what happened to those?

We didn't exploit, several of us, Axomm and myself included, literally sent you emails about the exploits we knew about, and didn't use them? ***?

Ok bioware, fair contest, ok.

http://parsely.io/parser/championship/eternal-championship/all/all/all/live/0/

This isn't even including logs that didn't show up on the leaderboard, like mine, http://parsely.io/parser/view/172975/9

Zahik, Biotic, Axomm, were all around 10min 10s from boss start to boss death, and several players, including myself, were around the 10min and a half mark, and several players have recorded video evidence that their championship attempts did not add much more than slightly under 2 minutes to their times. How in the world, do you expect us to believe that those times you have posted here: http://www.swtor.com/blog/may-promotion-winners

How are these at all accurate? How????????

So not only do the 6 players with the best times in the world NOT WIN, we don't get runner ups, we don't get anything, while people randomly ninja wins with times worse than ours?

Like, seriously bioware? Did we do it so fast you guys think we exploited? I mean come the **** on?

Edited by GrandLordMenace

As you are able to detect bugs/exploit with uploaded logs from parsely, I doubt that Bioware can't see exploits. Also I doubt that 90% of the player-base exploited.

90% of the player base were not attempting speed runs for the competition. Probably less than 10% of the player base was actively try8ng to do the competition

I didn't exploit anything and people who were a lot slower than I was did win. That's unfair.

I sent an email to Musco. Not all hope is lost. Best thing we can probably do now is make a video of a time that beats 12min 39s I think, just to show that we are wholly capable of doing it. It's not the same as them having utterly misplaced our logs, but if we can prove it's within the realm of possibility, it'd be good.

This is a run from day 2, and it is WAY FAR AWAY from being my best run.. I beat this time by over 2 minutes but didn't record them because it impacted loading screens. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_76_qxbQCM&feature=youtu.be

If complexity is correct and the runner ups were over 2 minutes behind, then this run should have at least placed somewhere.

I'll try to get a best run quality level on video.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

Can't upload a video until Friday. But it's ridiculous that there are multiple people with better times visible for all on parsely.

we are the players that sent them emails notifying them with known exploits... we should be the LEAST LIKELY TO EXPLOIT, why in the world would we not even be allowed to compete?