The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

1000 cc for a character transfer??

1000 cc for a character transfer? That is insane!!! I was away from the game due to personal issues and upon returning I noticed that Jung ma is now a dead server and my 8 characters are stuck on it and it is now 1000 cc to do a transfer?!?! What is going on? At this rate I think it would just take more players away from the game if they keep upping the prices for things that we actually use. We're not all made of money and that is just too much to ask for a character transfer.. Edited by RemyLee

Considering the original rate was 1800cc, 1000cc is a discount. You're simply spoiled by the 90cc promotion that lasted nearly a year. When the 90cc promotion began, it was well advertised that it wouldn't last forever. I'm probably not the only one that feared the price would go back up to 1800cc, so feel lucky they discounted it from the original price.

Ben mentioned in another thread that they had seen the complaints, offered making it 90CC's for a week, and asked if that would help. You can check the dev tracker for the thread. Haven't heard anything since then.

Ben mentioned in another thread that they had seen the complaints, offered making it 90CC's for a week, and asked if that would help. You can check the dev tracker for the thread. Haven't heard anything since then.

Here is the quote:

To be honest, I haven't read all 34 pages of this thread, but if we reduced transfer prices for a week, would that allow you all enough time to organize your guilds to transfer to the place that makes the most sense for your guild?

As you can see, Ben did not actually offer to make it 90 CC's for a week, but asked if an additional 90 CC's would help.

As for updates on that quote from Ben, this was posted later by another poster:

SWTOR response in Twitch channel:

@theDerpina We have no intentions to merge servers at this time, @thundersw We are looking into reducing the cost again in the coming weeks, and will announce dates in advance ...

This could suffice, for now :)

After that, another poster posted this:

Eric just said in the stream that 90CC will be coming back "in the next few weeks". He also said we'll know more in a news post on Monday/Tuesday this week. He didn't think it would include a discount for the new cross EU/US transfers.

Edit: This was during the fight with Arcann at the end of Chapter 8.

I've not seen anything further, yet.