Interrupting KotFE = Being unable to romance Theron? THE-RON. Not Lana.

AnisaBadgett

NOTE: THIS IS A PROBLEM THAT WAS NOT FIXED BY RESETTING THE CHAPTER. IT LIKELY HAS TO DO WITH THE 4.2 PATCH THAT BROKE SO MANY OTHER THINGS. I STARTED A TOON IN KOTFE BEFORE THE PATCH, LEFT HER ALONE FOR A WEEK OR TWO, THEN AFTER THE PATCH WAS APPLIED, I STARTED UP AGAIN AND GOT THE BUG. OTHER PEOPLE HAVE SAID THE SAME THING.

So it would really help if this could be address or at least paid 1 minute of attention to: Apparently, some people are noticing that if you don't play KotFE chapters 1-9 straight through, meaning NO breaks, you might not get the chance to flirt and therefore lock in a romance with Theron in Chapter 9 on Odessen.

I have not, and frankly don't want to, play all nine chapters in one sitting. And since I know I stopped halfway with my Jedi Knight who could not romance her previously romanced Theron, I want to know if this is true.

And if there is any way to fix it. I refuse to advance her any more through KotFE just in case she can be reset and I get my chance.

But with the forced play (which may have changed? But it was the case when I took her through), did this maybe happen?

Edited by AnisaBadgett
New info

All KotFE romance flags are being reset when a new chapter is released for some reason. You can take your time so long as you do all of the first nine chapters, including the cantina scene, between chapter releases. This gives you about a month to complete all nine chapters without fear of encountering this bug.

It shouldn't be happening but it isn't quite as bad as having to do all nine chapters in one sitting.

All KotFE romance flags are being reset when a new chapter is released for some reason. You can take your time so long as you do all of the first nine chapters, including the cantina scene, between chapter releases. This gives you about a month to complete all nine chapters without fear of encountering this bug.

It shouldn't be happening but it isn't quite as bad as having to do all nine chapters in one sitting.

No, I am referring to a character that has already gone through Chapters 1-9 and was unable to get the flirt trigger in the cantina to restart the romance with Theron.

What some players have noticed is that if you DO NOT do the entire set of chapters IN ONE SITTING, they also aren't getting the chance to flirt with Theron.

Lana is more complicated, since there are subtle choices you have to make all along, but you don't even meet up with Theron until chapter 9. Being able to romance Theron has nothing to do with whether you do or do not take Valkorion's power, either.

Theron is affected by the same issue as Lana and Koth, there's just a smaller window for it to crop up in. You do not need to do all nine chapters in one sitting to romance Theron. Just don't stop before doing the cantina scene if a new chapter will be released the next day.

Now that I'm thinking about it, resetting chapter nine may fix Theron. Have you tried that?

Theron is affected by the same issue as Lana and Koth, there's just a smaller window for it to crop up in. You do not need to do all nine chapters in one sitting to romance Theron. Just don't stop before doing the cantina scene if a new chapter will be released the next day.

Now that I'm thinking about it, resetting chapter nine may fix Theron. Have you tried that?

YES! I RESET THE CHAPTER MANY TIMES!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I am not a noob. Been playing for nearly four years and have taken 6 other toons through KotFE.

The stop-play problem might be tied to stopping play during the chapters, such as playing chapters 1-4, then stopping for a long period of time. Then when Patch 4.2 was applied, and all the other problems happened, it bugged play for SOME PEOPLE LIKE ME who after that went back to complete the first 9 chapters.

More than a few people have noticed this with Theron. I can't speak for the Lana issue, because some people are saying they took every flirt option, but not whether they were truthful about Valkorion in their heads during the swamp scene.

I don't know what you are asking anymore.

When you first meet Theron in chapter 9, he have found your ship. Did you flirt with him in that scene? And still couldn't flirt with him in the cantina scene?

That has to be another problem than the flags being reset between chapters, because my SW who lost his Lana flag is still able to flirt with Theron in the cantina as long as he picks the flirt option on the landing pad.

I don't know what you are asking anymore.

When you first meet Theron in chapter 9, he have found your ship. Did you flirt with him in that scene? And still couldn't flirt with him in the cantina scene?

That has to be another problem than the flags being reset between chapters, because my SW who lost his Lana flag is still able to flirt with Theron in the cantina as long as he picks the flirt option on the landing pad.

Yes, I flirted with him on the landing pad. This is affecting only my JK on Ebon Hawk, who ended the romance with Doc, although Doc still sent her a letter and so did Theron in Chapter 2.