The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stop attaching cloth flaps to chest pieces!

There are so many amazing chest pieces in this game that are completely ruined by a stupid hanging butt flap or whatever else that hangs down.

I don't understand why all these things are attached to the chest piece.

Things like this should be attached to the belt piece, not the chest piece.

Belts really don't have as much of an aesthetic impact as other gear slots. So attaching waist flaps to them would simply make much more sense. Not only that, it allows people to choose whether or not to attach them to a chest piece, the most important aesthetic gear piece.

I agree with this. There's a lot of chestpieces I'd like to wear that have weird parts...the buttcapes on some Trooper gear, the sharp pointy buttcapes on certain Imperial-side crop tops ("this would be so attractive if not for the pointy loincloth" is a phrase I've uttered a lot), the long crotch flap on some Sage gear, it's all annoying.

It's not just cloth flaps. You got amazing sets with the odd ginormous single shoulder pad or some pointy metal stuff sticking out of inappropriate places. It's like the armor design team makes something wonderful, and then a salty programmer adds his own little evil touch to the final result.

Belts really don't have as much of an aesthetic impact as other gear slots

This is highly debatable. The slot with minimal impact is the wrist guard, since it often ends up hidden inside a long-sleeved gauntlet-style glove. (Please, no more calling it bracers. A bracer - only one is needed - is a thing an archer wears to protect the inner face of his forearm from the bowstring.)

Besides, putting the butt flaps and/or crotch panels on belts would totally mess up the modest look that one of my Jedi Guardians prefers. The flaps match the Darth Andeddu shorts nicely, but would be out of place on that belt.

/signed.

If they need to attach the flaps then do it on the pants and furthermore another pet peeve, the slave costume (that was rumored to be based on Leia ) is wrong. It was a long skirt with slits up the side, not what they have.

Sorry a pet peeve of mine.