The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SW:tor cannon ?

Since SWTOR was created before cannon was shot to hell , I would assume the game was created with cannon in mind with reference to things that happened before the SWTOR time line and afterwards . My question is about Darth Bane and the rule of two I have a debate with my younger brother who said Bane was before SWTOR timeline and if that is so isn't the whole rule of two shot to hell with the sith council and all the other sith running around in SWTOR ? Keep in mind SWTOR was created before the Disney buyout so cannon was still a thing when the game came out in 2011.

Anyone who knows a bit about SW cannon would be appreciated to clear this little debate I have with my younger brother . Thanks in advance :)

Since SWTOR was created before cannon was shot to hell , I would assume the game was created with cannon in mind with reference to things that happened before the SWTOR time line and afterwards . My question is about Darth Bane and the rule of two I have a debate with my younger brother who said Bane was before SWTOR timeline and if that is so isn't the whole rule of two shot to hell with the sith council and all the other sith running around in SWTOR ? Keep in mind SWTOR was created before the Disney buyout so cannon was still a thing when the game came out in 2011.

Anyone who knows a bit about SW cannon would be appreciated to clear this little debate I have with my younger brother . Thanks in advance :)

Your brother is wrong. The old republic game begins around 3643 BBY whereas Darth Bane begins 1003 BBY. Darth Bane isn't even born until over 2600 years later.

Edited by Rhyltran

1. It's "canon".

2. No SWTOR is not Canon. Nothing produced before April 25th, 2014 is canon, except the 6 movies and the Clone Wars TV show by Dave Filoni, (possibly the Christmas special too... God only knows why...).

3. What he said^^. KOTOR/TOR is about 2600 years before Bane.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

1. It's "canon".

2. No SWTOR is not Canon. Nothing produced before April 25th, 2014 is canon, except the 6 movies and the Clone Wars TV show by Dave Filoni, (possibly the Christmas special too... God only knows why...).

3. What he said^^. KOTOR/TOR is about 2600 years before Bane.

~ Eudoxia

Well, actually SWTOR is so far past the Star Wars movies, that ic at the same level as our ancient history "canon" to our timeline in reality. or in other words, for the time +-0 BbY it is nothing more than mere legends. Could have happened as in the KotOR time or at some level. Same as, "Was Achiles a demigod and was he killed by a Arrow in his Achilles tendon?";)

Sigh, there was never any canon beyond the movies made by Lucas.

Lucas said many times that only his stuff was canon but people would not listen to him. All Disney did was make it so the fans had to finally listen.

All things people knew of as canon were made up third party view points. This was shown in how there was multiple levels of canon, so they could explain some of the really out there things that had been made.

Considering the timeline of SWTOR (3600 BBY) there really was little chance it was ever going to be any sort of canon. It's just another foot note in the world of SW for fans to play around in but not something of any influence.

Now Disney has said that the EU/Legends is a vast source of information that they will tamp into as they go. So, many fan favorites could be used and it is even possible something of SWTOR may be of interest.

As for your question, like others said your brother is wrong about the timeline. Bane existed a thousand years before the Clone Wars and SWTOR is 3600 years BBY, which makes it a little less than 2600 years before Bane's time.

Edited by mudtech

I can't take it anymore...

Canon.

Cannon is a device used to fire projectiles.

It's such a tiny thing but is probably my biggest pet peeve in these forums.

canon

noun | can·on |\ˈka-nən\

Definition of canon

7. any officially recognized set of sacred books.

a. A group of literary works that are generally accepted as representing a field: "the durable canon of American short fiction"

b. The works of a writer that have been accepted as authentic: the entire Shakespeare canon.

can·non

(kăn′ən)

n. pl. cannon or can·nons

1. A large mounted weapon that fires heavy projectiles. Cannon include guns, howitzers, and mortars.

Edited by Temeluchus

I can't take it anymore...

Canon.

Cannon is a device used to fire projectiles.

I WOULD FIRE THE DEATHSTAR CANNON directly at the HQ of Disney Gaming and it would be much like the way Alderaan went up, including Ben Irving's incineration if.....HE AND THE DISNEY TOR TEAM DOES NOT get the Personal Mission Skill MODES FIXED.

I WOULD FIRE THE DEATHSTAR CANNON directly at the HQ of Disney Gaming and it would be much like the way Alderaan went up, including Ben Irving's incineration if.....HE AND THE DISNEY TOR TEAM DOES NOT get the Personal Mission Skill MODES FIXED.

Are you drunk?

Novel also makes the JK the canon "Main" main class as they're destined to actually defeat the Emperor fully.

That hasn't happened yet.

Scourge saw a vision of the JK taking down the Emperor, which the JK did at the end of her Class Story. Nothing indicates that his vision implicates anything beyond that confrontation.

Scourge saw a vision of the JK taking down the Emperor, which the JK did at the end of her Class Story. Nothing indicates that his vision implicates anything beyond that confrontation.

This is true. In fact, Scourge even thought the emperor was dead. Which means that had to have been what he saw.

Edited by Rhyltran

Fun fact: Before TOR was announced in 2008, Bioware had been working on the storyboard for some time, and the original plan was that there was only one story, and that story is now the Jedi Knight story.

Fun fact: Before TOR was announced in 2008, Bioware had been working on the storyboard for some time, and the original plan was that there was only one story, and that story is now the Jedi Knight story.

Which is why KOTFE really continues that story and all the others get square pegged into a round hole.