May Producer Live Stream Wrap-up

EricMusco

I understand the topic of the loss of RP server tags was brought up at the livestream today but got no answer.

I will repeat. When a new player arrives in SWTOR for the first time, they do not necessarily know where to look for rp if there are no rp server tags. Stop suggesting that they will find the communities on the internet. They shouldn't have to find the SWTOR rp communities on the internet, they should be able to find them in the game!

I came to SWTOR four years and some ago as a new player to MMO's and with no idea what rp was. I wouldn't have even known there was such a thing as rp, let alone where to look for other rp'ers or a community had there not been servers with an RP tag for me to chose from.

By removing the RP tags from the established RP servers, with established RP communities, you are costing those communities the influx of new players they need to remain vital and growing. You've stated before that you care about the RPers in this game, even if we're a minority. Well, show it! Put those tags back on our servers, or find some other way of letting new players who might be looking for rp or even just curious about what the heck this rp thing is, where to start looking for others who can help them and RP with them! Heck, even if you just put a sticky up in this forum that establishes "Here are the servers that have established RP communities" that would at least be a start! Though that doesn't change that the new players still have to look outside of the game to find the rp within the game!

I understand the topic of the loss of RP server tags was brought up at the livestream today but got no answer.

I will repeat. When a new player arrives in SWTOR for the first time, they do not necessarily know where to look for rp if there are no rp server tags. Stop suggesting that they will find the communities on the internet. They shouldn't have to find the SWTOR rp communities on the internet, they should be able to find them in the game!

I came to SWTOR four years and some ago as a new player to MMO's and with no idea what rp was. I wouldn't have even known there was such a thing as rp, let alone where to look for other rp'ers or a community had there not been servers with an RP tag for me to chose from.

By removing the RP tags from the established RP servers, with established RP communities, you are costing those communities the influx of new players they need to remain vital and growing. You've stated before that you care about the RPers in this game, even if we're a minority. Well, show it! Put those tags back on our servers, or find some other way of letting new players who might be looking for rp or even just curious about what the heck this rp thing is, where to start looking for others who can help them and RP with them! Heck, even if you just put a sticky up in this forum that establishes "Here are the servers that have established RP communities" that would at least be a start! Though that doesn't change that the new players still have to look outside of the game to find the rp within the game!

But there are no RP servers. RPers are everywhere, mostly on "old" PvE servers so putting those tags there would be misleading at best :confused:

But there are no RP servers. RPers are everywhere, mostly on "old" PvE servers so putting those tags there would be misleading at best :confused:

No, there are established rp communities on the servers that were previously labeled as rp, such as Begeren Colony.

These communities often have events, websites, all sorts of supports for rpers, but if someone is new to rp, or new to rp in an MMO, they won't necessarily know where to look for those communities and resources outside of the game. Giving those servers their rp tags back means that at least they'll know to look in game, or will have a higher chance of stumbling upon other rpers in game.