The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Carrying double bladed Lightsabers on Back

Hi,

My opinion is that the huge doublebladed lightsabers looking like a third leg while running .

Would love and pay well for an Cartel Market option, which would allow to carry doublebladed LS on our back, like double bladed vibroswords.

Hi,

My opinion is that the huge doublebladed lightsabers looking like a third leg while running .

Would love and pay well for an Cartel Market option, which would allow to carry doublebladed LS on our back, like double bladed vibroswords.

I don't know about making it a Cartel Market option, but I WOULD like to carry certain double-bladed sabers on my Shadow's back. Some of those things are so huge, you'd be better off just walking up and smashing the hilt into their faces like a bludgeon.

I don't know about making it a Cartel Market option, but I WOULD like to carry certain double-bladed sabers on my Shadow's back. Some of those things are so huge, you'd be better off just walking up and smashing the hilt into their faces like a bludgeon.

I LOL'd at this post......Also...what guy doesn't want someone saying 'Hey that guy has a 3rd leg !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love the [option] to wield on my toon's back, perhaps a clickable on/off kind of deal around the "hide hood" toggle area. I've a lot of double-bladed toons and the diversity would be fantastic, and it would look better. I'm totally for this; I always think the way the weapon is carried now looks awkward.

As in rl, some people prefer to carry a weapon shoulder holsted, while others are for the drop-leg approach - like we see in game now. I'd be way better if we had the choice how to weild; furthermore, left-handed or right-handed for main-hands, as I've some mates who are lefties; also, it'd be nice to mix it up between the 40 toon limit on server (which brings me to further supporting more human character faces, or more faces in general.)

In summary: more diversity is great. (especially with the 40 toon server limit - a must, really)

Edited by Willjb

I can imagine all the issues when your character goes to grab the lightsaber from their belt during cutscenes and then it magically floats from their back to their hand.

Already see that issue with training sabers on starting planets. If you make a sentinel / marauder and you equip the training saber with a lightsaber in the offhand the cutscenes where you draw your saber show them drawing from their belt but the training saber is in their back and it magically ends up in their hand.

I think the problem is with the size of the new lightsabers. There isn't an oversized lightsaber in the original content 1-50, even in endgame. But then level 55 content came and everything has been ginormous since then (with an exception here and there).