To do list for Devs of SWTOR PVP

Lhancelot

1. Class balance.

2. Matchmaking for regs (stop 4v4s in regs if you cannot implement simple matchmaking ffs, and make it so you never have a 8v8 start with one team having 4 healers and the opposite having zero).

3. Remove Rishi 4v4 map from ranked rotation, it insta kills players by touching random parts of terrain.

4. Fix Rishi 4v4 map and Alliance Proven Grounds so they don't auto-kill players touching random areas of the terrain.

5. Stop Alliance Proving Grounds from popping 90% of the time in 65 regs (I don't care why it happens, code it so it doesn't happen).

6. Consider making all warzones cross-faction like APG, if you cannot make it so APG isn't popping 90% of the time. This is burning people out badly. No matter how wonderful a map is, no one wants to play it 90% of the time.

7. Stop the hacks and rampant cheats in ranked PVP.

8. Set up some kind of bridge of communication between players and the game! There's far too much silence which comes off as pure apathy! You need a true liaison between players and the devs etc.! Every other MMO has some representatives that actually communicate with their playerbase. Why does swtor not?

Guys, did I miss anything?

The way the acid mechanic works is a long standing bug. "Run the match to acid, we'll win with enduring bastion" this to me invalidates some of the previous seasons ratings IMO. Its an obvious exploit that everyone knows about and has been around so long that people unashamedly use it.

Also force barrier should not beable to be activated while holding a mod in APG and using force barrier will not hold a node.

Also I would take out the 'ffs' part, the few times Bioware has responded it seems to never be to any post with the slightest tinge of sarcasm or hostility, even if that wasn't your intent.

[*]Remove Rishi 4v4 map from ranked rotation, it insta kills players by touching random parts of terrain.

that's just it, it's NOT random! I know a couple of sorcs that figured out a few spots and exploit it. When they get focused they run to a spot hoping people would jump on them. Scoundrels, sins, warriors, powertechs - all fall prey to this stupid sheet. I've seen as much as 3 insta simultaneous deaths when sorc teleported to the spot that was in LOS but on top of bugged point.

How to balance a game:

1) Fairness: Players of equal skill should have an equal chance at winning regardless of gear/stats/datacrons/etc.

2) Options: Players must be able to play any class they wish to play regardless of how well the class performs. All classes don’t have to be equal, there should be some variety in the degree they deal dmg/peel

3) Tiers

• God tier (There should be no class in this tier)

• Top tier (Very good but that doesn’t mean to nerf)

• Middle tier (Very good and viable)

• Bottom tier (You can still win, but it will be challenging

• Garbage tier (There should be no class in this tier)

The first step to balancing is to get rid of any class in God tier. As god tier classes will make the whole game unbalanced and play testing would be impossible. God tier classes also make it nearly impossible to balance other classes.

Second is to lift any garbage tier classes as they would be the easiest to balance just by changing value stats around.

4) Building feedback:

The combat team shouldn’t be looking to be expert designers, but to be expert players. By being an expert player, only then can you build up the feedback to balance and how the players perceive the changes you make. The goal is to see what the changes bring to the players point of view, not the designers (your) point of view.

5) How to find these experts:

Don’t look to people who have been working in the gaming industry for x years or what they accomplished in corporate. Look for people who have played your game for years, for those people will provide the best feedback and offer the best balancing options.

It seems like the combat design team and PvP team need to take some lessons on what is wrong with this game.

The hardcore community should have the highest priority as they are the people who will provide meaningful feedback and support the overall community

-Te'fia :jawa_angel:

EDI: I live 5 mins away, just give me a day and all will be fixed. :rak_03:

Edited by Diachi

The way the acid mechanic works is a long standing bug. "Run the match to acid, we'll win with enduring bastion" this to me invalidates some of the previous seasons ratings IMO. Its an obvious exploit that everyone knows about and has been around so long that people unashamedly use it.

Also force barrier should not beable to be activated while holding a mod in APG and using force barrier will not hold a node.

Also I would take out the 'ffs' part, the few times Bioware has responded it seems to never be to any post with the slightest tinge of sarcasm or hostility, even if that wasn't your intent.

Kev. They won't respond to this, even if I used the most endearing language possible. This is for our eyes only. :p

1. Class balance.

2. Matchmaking for regs (stop 4v4s in regs if you cannot implement simple matchmaking ffs, and make it so you never have a 8v8 start with one team having 4 healers and the opposite having zero).

3. Remove Rishi 4v4 map from ranked rotation, it insta kills players by touching random parts of terrain.

4. Fix Rishi 4v4 map and Alliance Proven Grounds so they don't auto-kill players touching random areas of the terrain.

5. Stop Alliance Proving Grounds from popping 90% of the time in 65 regs (I don't care why it happens, code it so it doesn't happen).

6. Consider making all warzones cross-faction like APG, if you cannot make it so APG isn't popping 90% of the time. This is burning people out badly. No matter how wonderful a map is, no one wants to play it 90% of the time.

7. Stop the hacks and rampant cheats in ranked PVP.

8. Set up some kind of bridge of communication between players and the game! There's far too much silence which comes off as pure apathy! You need a true liaison between players and the devs etc.! Every other MMO has some representatives that actually communicate with their playerbase. Why does swtor not?

Guys, did I miss anything?

Number one on that list should be to buff merc survivability.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.