The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Purple Eyes for Humans, Please

May we please get new eye colors for our Human characters? Something along the lines of the color assortment in the Appearance Options: Human Hair Colors 1 set? I'd love to see Twi'lek Purple (like Elizabeth Taylor's natural eye color) and Cathar Amber.

From a roleplaying standpoint, the unusual colors could be contact lenses.

Please add this to the CM store, BW.

Thanks! :)

I would spend money on this. I'd also spend money on some interesting hair colors that don't look like over-zealous dye jobs. Could we have more subdued blue, green, and purple hair colors? My Jedi's not going to a Rave. ;)

While more is always better in this case, what I would like to see is the styles and colors function across species. for example, I would love to have some of the human hair styles on my cyborg and chiss characters but they do not work.

i think the other species need more love than the bloody humans do.

Bioware seems to like playing favoritism to humans in all their games for some bizarre reason.

Edited by Jawa_Trooper
typed the wrong word.

Bioware seems to like playing favoritism to humans in all their games for some bizarre reason.

I'm happy that humans get the most love. In most games, it's the non-human races who get special attention. Usually the elves and dwarves and space aliens get the most interesting outfits, architecture, and terrain.

It's nice to be a "special" human for a change.

Edited by Xina_LA

I'd like purple eyes for humans too! The "bright blue" and "bright green" CM colors seem to be basically Twi'lek colors that they allowed humans and Cyborgs to use, and I'd love to see a couple shades of purple added too; yes, including the bright one(s). I don't care if it isn't a natural looking color; neither are yellow or bright lime green. :p

I gave my human lass the CM blue eyes, but I really would love purple for her. I debated making her a Twi'lek or Mirialan, but in the end I wanted a certain face and a human-only hair color more than I wanted purple eyes. >.<

It drives me nuts how there are so many great colors available for eyes and hair, but many combinations are not available on the same race when creating a character. Want purple eyes? Better be a Twi'lek or Mirialan. Fiery red-orange hair? Human only. Red eyes and light blond hair? Impossible! I'd like to see customizations, colors especially, opened up to more races.

Does this count as fiery red-orange hair? Is she a human?

That is a Miraluka. :) And yes, she does have a lovely shade of bright red hair! But note that she also has one of the new hairstyles. The new hairstyles have an issue where they all look lighter/brighter in color -- to the point that you cannot actually have them in a dark brown or black -- thus making the standard dark red/auburn hair color appear brighter and more vivid. Even so, some of the nicest new hairstyles are human only, so this "trick" (or "bug", depending on the color you wanted, lol) only applies to a few styles.

So I guess technically you can get a fiery natural looking red on non-humans if you use a few specific hairstyles, though I always considered that an oops on the part of the developers rather than something to be counted as a feature. xD

While more is always better in this case, what I would like to see is the styles and colors function across species. for example, I would love to have some of the human hair styles on my cyborg and chiss characters but they do not work.

Which is weird as heck. The geometry doesn't seem to be any different that there would be a fit problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with those of you who are advocating to have eye color and hairstyles opened up to a wider variety of character species. I would also add that cybernetic pieces could be added to more species.

I don't know how much coding would be required to make these things available, though.

Purple eyes sounds good. Personally, I think even red eyes would be good for humans.

Yes! Though I would not have used the red eyes for my Jedi character, I was really hepped up when I saw that red eyes were on sale in the CM store. I was actually crestfallen when I read that it was a *Sith*-only customization.

Darned Sithies!

Yes! Though I would not have used the red eyes for my Jedi character, I was really hepped up when I saw that red eyes were on sale in the CM store. I was actually crestfallen when I read that it was a *Sith*-only customization.

Darned Sithies!

Mirialan? They have a luminous bright red eye colour available.