Imperials are speciesist yet are commanded by Aliens....

KillaSandman

The only thing I didn't understand is why a SW could be a zabrak originally (didn't stop me from making a Darth Maul rip-off :D).

Probably so the SW had at least 3 race selections. I'm not counting 'cyborg' as separate from human. Zabrak probably fits best b/c of Darth Maul, as you mentioned.

On the other hand, it would have made sense for any non-human race in game to have originally been available for a Sith Inquisitor minus the Chiss. But they wouldn't have wanted to give one class so many more race options. So, yeah, it was more of a game design reason than lore.

Over 97 percent of the Empire's human population has Sith Blood flowing through them, you're just looking at this from the wrong perspective. To the Emperials, Sith Purebloods aren't aliens, those who physically shows traits of the old Sith race are considered to be even more pure then those who look like humans.

Over 97 percent of the Empire's human population has Sith Blood flowing through them, you're just looking at this from the wrong perspective. To the Emperials, Sith Purebloods aren't aliens, those who physically shows traits of the old Sith race are considered to be even more pure then those who look like humans.

This. It's not so complicated.

We're talking about a society whose ancestors were Dark Jedi who interbred with the Sith purebloods on Korriban.

Considering they've had a centuries-long policy of isolationism and militarism, and have been taught that outsiders seek to hunt down an destroy them, it would be a hell of a lot more surprising if at least the more conservative (traditionalist) elements weren't speciesist. The Chiss are an official exception due to an alliance, although even they faced suspicion at best, or outright derision in other cases.

Later on, of course, the Sith Empire is compelled to admit aliens into its military ranks for pragmatic reasons, and "War makes bonds. It cannot be denied."