How is DPS on a Companion determined?

Sambaa

Am interested how that works.. Is it based on my gear/stats and it just transfers to the companions in some way?

For example: I am running in DPS gear on my Sorc and decided to make Ashara dps. Do her abilities/damage increase over time as you level? How about when you're 65?

Am interested how that works.. Is it based on my gear/stats and it just transfers to the companions in some way?

For example: I am running in DPS gear on my Sorc and decided to make Ashara dps. Do her abilities/damage increase over time as you level? How about when you're 65?

Gear has nothing to do with it anymore, now it is determined by you affection rating with the companion.

A companions effectiveness is based largely off the influence of her, IE influence level 10 is better than 8. I do also believe they get better as your level increase, but I know for sure that companions are based largely on influence, which can be raised by gifts or saying actions they agree with in conversations.