Why so many new Hack/cheat threads

Icykill_

Why so many new Hack/cheat threads with proof, but without the usual hack/cheat deniers trolling them?

Does this mean it is "actually" possible to hack this game as many of us have said or suspected over the years, only to be trolled for saying it.

Odds are the white knights joined in on the cheating.

That, or left the game.

But white knights are addicts. More likely they're cheating.

The cheaters don't even care to distract from their actions, because dead game. Actually, that they cheat so openly is evidence that the game is dead.

Edited by Ansultares

There are hacks and people have shown video and pics of it taking place. Those we don't deny. The ones that normally get flamed are the ones that say the other team is cheating when they have no video evidence and everything they say can be explained by powers in the game.

Odds are the white knights joined in on the cheating.

That, or left the game.

But white knights are addicts. More likely they're cheating.

The cheaters don't even care to distract from their actions, because dead game. Actually, that they cheat so openly is evidence that the game is dead.

Really nothing new. It's been like that since launch. But with the diminished population and all the server transfer from PVP servers to the PVE ones, all of them are in one place now and you see them more often because we have such a small PVP population now.

It's getting to the point that if you don't cheat you gimp yourself.

This games PvP is not about good competition and fun. All that is thrown out the window to increase the almighty rank number. Whatever it takes, hacks and cheats, death threats, verbal beatdowns in chat, exploiting, whatever I gotta do to get that number up yo! (all rank mentality)

PvP is straight trash in this game. It really is. Do unranked and have fun - less stress, less likely to run into a exploiter/hacker.

Edited by DenariusJay

Many of the cheating accusations posted here during the offseason are truly, obviously idiotic. Text walls made up of incoherent run-on sentences coming from players who are rather clearly bad or oblivious. And, of course, more often than not without any sort of proof whatsoever. People are right to be skeptical of incoherent anecdotes when they see every day in regs how exceptionally rare cheating is.

What is happening right now is the result of a handful of morons ruining solo ranked matches for people. It pisses people off for obvious reasons and the result is a disproportionately large number of threads and complaints about cheating in the game when it is all stemming from a few idiots.

Add these morons to your friends list so you can queue dodge them. Open a ticket for them. One of the harbinger trolls mentioned having an account banned this season already. If he wasn't lying then we can expect him to get banned again, probably slower than he ought to be but it is what it is. They'll get bored or banned eventually.

Really nothing new. It's been like that since launch. But with the diminished population and all the server transfer from PVP servers to the PVE ones, all of them are in one place now and you see them more often because we have such a small PVP population now.

It's getting to the point that if you don't cheat you gimp yourself.

Apparently harb solo queue is currently taking odds on when the two hackers/exploiters end up either against each other or on the same team. Edited by Ansultares

There are hacks and people have shown video and pics of it taking place. Those we don't deny. The ones that normally get flamed are the ones that say the other team is cheating when they have no video evidence and everything they say can be explained by powers in the game.

Oh, definately this is a comon occurrence, daily usually.

Many of the cheating accusations posted here during the offseason are truly, obviously idiotic. Text walls made up of incoherent run-on sentences coming from players who are rather clearly bad or oblivious. And, of course, more often than not without any sort of proof whatsoever. People are right to be skeptical of incoherent anecdotes when they see every day in regs how exceptionally rare cheating is.

What is happening right now is the result of a handful of morons ruining solo ranked matches for people. It pisses people off for obvious reasons and the result is a disproportionately large number of threads and complaints about cheating in the game when it is all stemming from a few idiots.

Add these morons to your friends list so you can queue dodge them. Open a ticket for them. One of the harbinger trolls mentioned having an account banned this season already. If he wasn't lying then we can expect him to get banned again, probably slower than he ought to be but it is what it is. They'll get bored or banned eventually.

LoL, I know who you mean, I saw that in chat. Only thing is if he gets banned he just starts another account

Edited by Icykill_

I'm currently wondering if there's an 'insta-kill' hack or something. It's just something I've never seen before happening, but woe is me, too lazy to turn on recording/logs every time.

It's like this, I've got around half-HP left, and then a seemingly normal hit happens that displays flytext at about "6000" or something, then I'm instantly dead. Quite curious, since it'd be equivalent to more than 20k-ish damage happening at an instant.

It could be just multiple focus hits from different sources happening, just out of sheer luck at the same time, so perhaps the hits register at the same time and my character dies out before all the flytexts are displayed. But feels quite fishy on the receiving end.

Anyone know if something like this existed in the past? I'll take you guys' word for it. :eek:

I'm currently wondering if there's an 'insta-kill' hack or something. It's just something I've never seen before happening, but woe is me, too lazy to turn on recording/logs every time.

It's like this, I've got around half-HP left, and then a seemingly normal hit happens that displays flytext at about "6000" or something, then I'm instantly dead. Quite curious, since it'd be equivalent to more than 20k-ish damage happening at an instant.

It could be just multiple focus hits from different sources happening, just out of sheer luck at the same time, so perhaps the hits register at the same time and my character dies out before all the flytexts are displayed. But feels quite fishy on the receiving end.

Anyone know if something like this existed in the past? I'll take you guys' word for it. :eek:

The last hit is what it records for your death not what happens before. So if it was a massive Crit follow by some low lvl ability that can sometimes look like a single hit. The floating txt is often wrong.

I got accused of hack yesterday because I triple Crit hit a healer on my Merc and killed them in about 3-5 secs. All 3 hits were over 20k. All up it was close to 68k damage.

That would have looked like a hack from the other end. But it was just pure luck on my side. I've never done that before, but I can double or triple Crit between 35-50k occasionally, but it's pretty rare.

The only sure way to see is to just activate your log for a few games if you see it often. Then you can check.

The last hit is what it records for your death not what happens before. So if it was a massive Crit follow by some low lvl ability that can sometimes look like a single hit. The floating txt is often wrong.

I got accused of hack yesterday because I triple Crit hit a healer on my Merc and killed them in about 3-5 secs. All 3 hits were over 20k. All up it was close to 68k damage.

That would have looked like a hack from the other end. But it was just pure luck on my side. I've never done that before, but I can double or triple Crit between 35-50k occasionally, but it's pretty rare.

The only sure way to see is to just activate your log for a few games if you see it often. Then you can check.

Sounds about right. Assuming 40% crit chance, a pure 3-in-a-row crit if no forced crit mechanic was involved, would be 6.4% in probability, so it is an unlikely scenario, but not impossible, and certainly would happen from time to time.

Even just a two crits in a row is only 16% chance... so yeah. It does sound right.

HaHa so YOU are the reasaon some chode wrote a complaint thread for nerfing merc/mandos.:p

Not sure if this counts as a hack or as an exploit, but I was queued solo and went into a Rishi Arena. Opposite my team were 4 members of the same guild (not saying they queue sync'd, because it can happen), but rather than attack us, they were utilizing pulls and pushes to send our team into spots of the map that would insta-kill us. That's how they killed 2/4 of our team members for both rounds. After that, they were able to just 4v2 the remainder of us. Anyway, I think its pretty crappy, but not sure what it falls under, if anything.

low key I wish Bioware was serious enough about their game to take a page out of Blizzard's book and use legit legal action against cheating in their games, this is literally what those zillion page TOS agreements you check off every time you play a new game are for

nobody is going to cheat just for giggles if the consequences are potentially serious

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-27511932

I honestly believe that BW has less concern now than ever before, and respond less than ever before when petitions and complaints are put in.

They have scripted responses that have nothing to do with the actual problems petitioned.

They have PVP maps they added that are so buggy that you literally die from touching random terrain spots.

It's probably not a far stretch to say that the new maps are even easier to find ways to exploit than the older, more stable maps.

Reminds me of when EQ1 started to fall apart, hackers galore became rampant. That was actually why I ended up quitting EQ1, due to the prolific number of hacks in the game. It totally ruined all fun on EQ1.

HaHa so YOU are the reasaon some chode wrote a complaint thread for nerfing merc/mandos.:p

lmao.. its funny when you see the nerf threads start.. That's usually just advertising to everyone else to start one of those toons... Have you seen how many Mercs are in PVP now... Before there were only a small few of us in the queue.. Now there are heaps.. I'm pretty sure the nerf threads are what create FOTM classes

Not sure if this counts as a hack or as an exploit, but I was queued solo and went into a Rishi Arena. Opposite my team were 4 members of the same guild (not saying they queue sync'd, because it can happen), but rather than attack us, they were utilizing pulls and pushes to send our team into spots of the map that would insta-kill us. That's how they killed 2/4 of our team members for both rounds. After that, they were able to just 4v2 the remainder of us. Anyway, I think its pretty crappy, but not sure what it falls under, if anything.

Sadly not a hack, but using a broken mechanic to give yourself an advantage is an exploit

low key I wish Bioware was serious enough about their game to take a page out of Blizzard's book and use legit legal action against cheating in their games, this is literally what those zillion page TOS agreements you check off every time you play a new game are for

nobody is going to cheat just for giggles if the consequences are potentially serious

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-27511932

Some actual harsh penalties might help to. Slap on the wrists and 24hour bans are laughable .

Caught cheating, ban one month, caught again instant perma ban.

there is a hacker in ranked right now actually. His toon name is Farming Garbinger on the Harbinger server of course. He is an Operative who sit's in stealth and somehow is off the map so that when it goes to acid, he takes no damage. it's an auto loss every time. He totally admits in in gen chat and even says he will do it on other accts if that one gets banned. I have reported but nothing get's done about it. All you can do is try to que dodge him and hope that there's more than 1 match going.