Should make ops that are part of the story solo?

EmmanuelRCannady

No, no, and just to be clear, NO. Ops were never meant to be solo'd, and never should be. SWTOR is an MMO, despite BW's recent efforts to turn it into a single player game.

That is great in theory, and before I might have agreed with you.

The issue is that it can sometimes be very difficult to find groups to run certain ops. I've been having an issue completing the Oricon story arc for example, because the last two times Dread Palace came around in GF not enough people wanted to run it. The groups that were forming were for other Ops like Karagga's Palace.

At this point I'm wishing there was a solo mode without the rewards just so I could complete Oricon. I'd prefer to run DP as an OP rather than some sort of solo FP, but that requires at least seven other people wanting to run it, and that's easier said than done.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Plus, I wouldn't even want to imagine the coding nightmare of making Ops soloable. You'd almost have to strip out every boss fight mechanic.

Not to mention the 1,001 bugs they would probably include in the complete overhaul of the Ops.

Plus, I wouldn't even want to imagine the coding nightmare of making Ops soloable. You'd almost have to strip out every boss fight mechanic.

Not to mention the 1,001 bugs they would probably include in the complete overhaul of the Ops.

That's another thing yes. Also I would like to ask from the solo and immersion folk how they would feel after they just mopped up the floor with 4 of the Dread Masters at the same time, alone with their companion? How immersion breaking that would be?

Join a guild, run the OP, $$$Profit$$$. And btw Oricon is a sidequest, not a story arc. Can we please stop with this solo ops nonsense already?

It is story content, regardless of it's involvement (or lack thereof) in the main plot.

The toon I was referring to is in a guild actually...that unfortunately seems to do every raid except DF and DP. Joining a guild should never be a requirement to complete any of the game's content anyway.

Solo Ops isn't going to happen, but I can understand why some people ask for it when even if you want to run certain Ops, it can sometimes be difficult to find a group. Hell even the Heroic 4s were tough to put a group together to run, which is part of why they're all now Heroic 2s that can be solo'd.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I agree with this .

If these operations have some story content , they should add a solo mode to them . So peoples can do them .

And the plus side , it may also make peoples want to group for harder level now that they tried it alone .

There would be no spacebar whining since they done it in Solo mode .

And maybe , it will grow some new takers for the harder Level of said operations .

That's another thing yes. Also I would like to ask from the solo and immersion folk how they would feel after they just mopped up the floor with 4 of the Dread Masters at the same time, alone with their companion? How immersion breaking that would be?

It doesn't bother me .

I do all flashpoint as SOlo .

I rather mop an easy Mob then deal with a whiner who wanna be Boss in a group that scream ''team work'' and he is killing the Team work by being an azz .

If immersion was so important , we would have a better community...

I agree with this .

If these operations have some story content , they should add a solo mode to them . So peoples can do them .

And the plus side , it may also make peoples want to group for harder level now that they tried it alone .

There would be no spacebar whining since they done it in Solo mode .

And maybe , it will grow some new takers for the harder Level of said operations .

Why SHOULD there be a solo option? Why shouldn't be a story that requires a certain team to do it? Oh and the spacebar stuff, there is exactly 1 cutscene each of the DF and DP OP, where you have no interaction options at all. The operations currently as accessible as can be, there is no gear requirement or anything to do it.

It is story content, regardless of it's involvement (or lack thereof) in the main plot.

The toon I was referring to is in a guild actually...that unfortunately seems to do every raid except DF and DP. Joining a guild should never be a requirement to complete any of the game's content anyway.

Solo Ops isn't going to happen, but I can understand why some people ask for it when even if you want to run certain Ops, it can sometimes be difficult to find a group. Hell even the Heroic 4s were tough to put a group together to run, which is part of why they're all now Heroic 2s that can be solo'd.

The main plot is told through operations, Section X, Oricon and the Seeker Droid missions are just side quest, fillers. Yes joining a guild is not a requirement, joining a guild is to build a likeminded group/community, but with a guild it's easier to find people to do a certain mission. If that guild doesn't serve your interests than you're in a wrong place. Find another one where the guild is for you and not the other way around.

Join a guild, run the OP, $$$Profit$$$. And btw Oricon is a sidequest, not a story arc. Can we please stop with this solo ops nonsense already?

Then why is it on the mission terminal on your ship along with Ilum, Makeb and SOR all of which are story based the terminal does not start with the starting op is it ec?? just Oricon so Bioware are expecting you to do it as a 'critical path mission' all other critical path quests have solo modes available?

Edited by Jedi_riches

Then why is it on the mission terminal on your ship along with Ilum, Makeb and SOR all of which are story based the terminal does not start with the starting op is it ec?? just Oricon so Bioware are expecting you to do it as a 'critical path mission' all other critical path quests have solo modes available?

The ship's mission console clearly states with spoiler warning, that is advisable to do the OPs before you head to Oricon. And no, it is not a critical path. Critical path is your class story, the OPs, Section X, Macro/Seeker Droids/CZ-198 are secondary story/path just like the planetary side quests(not the story arc) and heroics. They have no affect to the 8 classes in the game, whether you do it or not. Ergo it don't HAVETOBE a solo option. Completely optional.

Edited by VegasTheLost
more clarification

Pretty much every operation has some kind of story content in it. Many of them are tied to the Dread Masters story arc, EV has it's own small story inside the ops and ops quest, and ToS is (obviously) tied to the SoR main story arc and expands it. Ravagers is the ONLY operation that, from what I've heard, doesn't have much story in it. Making a solo mode for all of them would, in my opinion, be too much trouble for too little gain.

T. And no, it is not a critical path. Critical path is your class story,

Funny last time I was on my ship I had a PURPLE icon over this terminal, I have done everything else except Oricon so why is it purple. If its not Critical Path, please remove it.