Lightsaber+Vibrosword mix-n-match bug AND silver lining

BaronBS

Okay, so this is a post to remind the devs about the animation bug(s) in regard to marauders equipping both a vibrosword and a lightsaber. The bug is essentially that the game plays the one-handed animations where possible, no animations for dual-only abilities, and retains the juggernaut stance.

The animation part is extremely annoying but, I would imagine, relatively simple to correct.

The combat stance, though, looks way way way better than the actual marauder stance.

I will update this with screenshots.

I would ask the devs to consider retaining the stance bug and fixing the animation bug.

Okay, so this is a post to remind the devs about the animation bug(s) in regard to marauders equipping both a vibrosword and a lightsaber. The bug is essentially that the game plays the one-handed animations where possible, no animations for dual-only abilities, and retains the juggernaut stance.

The animation part is extremely annoying but, I would imagine, relatively simple to correct.

The combat stance, though, looks way way way better than the actual marauder stance.

I will update this with screenshots.

I would ask the devs to consider retaining the stance bug and fixing the animation bug.

No offense but this is a pvp enhancement. Disabled animations should be speeding up your TTK ratio as your FPS should be improved.

Can I get a disable animations option in general?

No offense but this is a pvp enhancement. Disabled animations should be speeding up your TTK ratio as your FPS should be improved.

I hear that, but that's beside the point. Besides, it also raises the issue of framerate, which has never been good.

I like PvP, but I'm not so into it that slightly improving my framerate is worth not being able to see all the cool animations of my attacks. If nobody had any attack animations, this game would be extremely boring.

I like PvP, but I'm not so into it that slightly improving my framerate is worth not being able to see all the cool animations of my attacks. If nobody had any attack animations, this game would be extremely boring.

yeah for real haha

• 4 weeks later...

It's definitely a super random bug; I was expecting what happens when your character bugs out trying to dual wield in the preview window, which is that they hold a saber in two hands, and both sabers are overlapping.

(IMO, the intended stance also look better.)

If your rig is a piece of **** and can't actually run TOR, maybe it'll boost your FPS not having animations. I haven't upgraded my computer in probably three years and it runs TOR at 60 FPS in PVP and 16 man ops (or it did when there were still enough people in the game to make 16 man operations groups).

Bump. I submitted yet another bug report. This is really game-breaking for my Sentinel. It might look bad for Marauders, but it is 10x worse as a Sentinel because you end up holding both the blades together in the traditional Guardian "baseball bat" stance. It's truly awful. And it's been this way for 6 months.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/Lz5Br0o.jpg

Edited by Syphenus