The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I just can't remember his name (Ep.VII) (Small spoilers)

Hello, everyone,

I just can't remember the name of the head of the New Order.

Because it might be spoilers, I'm putting the rest of this writing into spoiler tags.

Well, I just can't remember it.

In my head, there are constantly words roaming around, battling for being "the real name", so to say :D

These are the names :

Snork

Spork

Scorn

Spoon

Snoop

Scoff

Snuff

Snorkel

Well, you see, these are variations of the real name - but these words also show how much generic the name is for me :

So much generic that i just cannot remember it in full, so to say.

Fun time ! Please add your own variations wrapped in spoiler tags as well ! :D

Alrik

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

With

Poe

I have absolutely no problems, just because of an very, very well known author :

Egdar Allen Poe, know for his horror stories,

the music album "Tales Of Mystery And Imagination" by The Alan Parsons Project is something one should have heard at least once in the life, I believe !

but the other one ?

Snoke ? Bloke ? Snort ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

With

Poe

I have absolutely no problems, just because of an very, very well known author :

Egdar Allen Poe, know for his horror stories,

the music album "Tales Of Mystery And Imagination" by The Alan Parsons Project is something one should have heard at least once in the life, I believe !

Most of the time I don't properly recall the name but vaguely recall the sound of it, and then I hesitate between :

Poe (like the writer)

Po (like the Kung-fu panda or the river)

Bo (like a stick in japanese)

Beau (like... huh, whoever has this firstname in real life)

Sometimes, I recall so badly I even consider :

Moe

Joe

...but then I realize I completely forgot and say :

the X-Wing guy.

To my defense, the name doesn't click in my mind because the writer isn't someone whom we learn the litterature in my country. So while I know the man, it doesn't come as an obvious when hearing someone with the same name, and so it doesn't strengthen the memory thanks to the anecdote.

(You can guess I'm neither EN, US, CA, AU...)

Understood. Well, the author is said to have invented the Detective genre in the first place.

I noticed, however, that the name I have these problems with might be so problematic to me because English isn't my first language.

I assume that's why it just doesn't "klick" into my head. The name just doesn't have any meaning to me.

Besides, there's an Italian river called Po as well.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer