Stealth Bug

Evall

I recently resubbed after being away since early release. However, due to a bug my main character is practically unplayable. Whenever I attempt to enter stealth or mount a vehicle, the game gives me an error saying I'm already in stealth or that I cannot mount my vehicle because I'm stealthed. I'm not stealthed, and the errors persist even after I've died, changed instances, reloaded the game, restarted my computer, you name it. I was really looking forward to playing my character again but this makes my assassin unplayable. This doesn't occur on new assassins that I create, just my character. I've submitted a bug report and ticket but have yet to receive a reply. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? It's frustrating to say the least. I just want to play my damn character again!

I recently resubbed after being away since early release. However, due to a bug my main character is practically unplayable. Whenever I attempt to enter stealth or mount a vehicle, the game gives me an error saying I'm already in stealth or that I cannot mount my vehicle because I'm stealthed. I'm not stealthed, and the errors persist even after I've died, changed instances, reloaded the game, restarted my computer, you name it. I was really looking forward to playing my character again but this makes my assassin unplayable. This doesn't occur on new assassins that I create, just my character. I've submitted a bug report and ticket but have yet to receive a reply. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? It's frustrating to say the least. I just want to play my damn character again!

Me too, same thing..

Bump again. I am getting the "Cannot do that while stealthed" message when I try to mount on a character that doesn't even have a stealth to speak of (Sith Sorc). Alternatly I have also been getting a "You cannot mount here" message in all manner of varied places where mounts are allowed.

So I just restarted my account that has been inactive for a couple of years two days ago and had the exact same problem. I put in a ticket and got the following:

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service.

To allow us to identify and correct these issues, we would request that you submit a Bug Report on this issue. Bug Reports submitted though the In-Game Help Center go directly to our development QA team and not to Customer Service. To submit a bug, you can type /bug in your chat window or select Bug Report from the drop down when creating a new ticket in the In-Game Help Center.

It then included a lot of information on how to read patch notes and such. My old main is a Jedi Knight so I can at least play, but I have to run everywhere... slowly. Not sure if I'm going to just keep going, call customer service and ask for a refund, or start a new character, but if someone finds a fix I'd love to know.

My suspicion is it occurs after the temporary stealth you get from Field Revive. I would advise not Field Reviving until this is confirmed fixed.. go to the Medcenter when you die. Once bugged, it seems that character cannot be fixed, and I too got the non-answer from a ticket.

I was hopeful that a character transfer would fix it for me, sadly whatever is causing the issue prevents character transfers. PTS copy failed as well for just the character suffering from the stealth bug. Other toons copied to PTS just fine. My operative is my PvP toon, an operative that can't stealth isn't good for PvP.

Screenshot of red text when trying to stealth.

http://m.imgur.com/WyF3Hwk

Edited by AyeEs

I got the exact same bug here. I tried to play a jedi knight guardian, which is even not a stealthy character, but got this bug and can't use any mount. I just made a monthly subscription after few years pause. I got only one character, and now I can't play with it. Nice.

***EDIT*** 2016.04.18

Is there any solution for this?

Edited by Pexus
any solution?

I logged in last night and my Operative can now use stealth. I don't know why or how this was resolved.

Thanks Mate! Confirmed! Seems game's had server side problem, because I didn't see any client update in launcher...

Glad, finally it's working.

Edited by Pexus

Whenever I have any serous problems with the game, can't access storage, can't click on an item. I exit the game, and delete the "DiskCacheArena" file located "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor".:p:p:p:p