New Species please

yca_mtl

as a new player i'm pretty underwhelmed by the lack of options for species a player can choose from. could we please have some common and popular species added so i can spend my money on something? :p

main playable republic characters:

Cereans (Ki Adi Mundi)

Niktos (Ima Gun Di)

Tholothians (Stass Allie)

Nautolans

Rodians

as playable empire characters:

Trandoshans

Duros

Zygerrians (slave trader empire in the days of the old Republic according to Clone Wars)

thanks

Edited by yca_mtl

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a new player i'm pretty underwhelmed by the lack of options for species a player can choose from. could we please have some common and popular species added so i can spend my money on something? :p

Cereans (Ki Adi Mundi)

Niktos

Nautolans

Rodians

Trandoshans

Duros

Zygerrians (slave trader empire in the days of the old Republic according to Clone Wars)

thanks

Cereans - Possible

Niktos - Possible but unlikely

Tholothians - Possible

Nautolans - Possible, and most likely the next one if we get more according to old polls (Cathar and Togruta were first and second, Nautolan was third)

Rodians - Impossible (non-humanoid face)

Trandoshans - Impossible (non-humanoid face, too big, won't fit in cutscenes)

Duros - Possible but unlikely

Zygerrians - Possible

My vote would go to Nautolans , and I would buy that unlock in a heart beat

Some nice suggestions there, couple I didn't even consider

Nautolans! Nautolans! Nautolans!

I would roll a Nautolan Sith SO fast. Might be enough to persuade me to roll a 50 Shades of Lightning Sith.

I depends on how well Togruta sold (I think very well) and how many resources they can spare from KOTFE (I'm thinking not very many, all things considered)

IF we get a new species, it'll be almost for sure Nautolan, and it won't be until well after KOTFE Season 1 ends at the earliest.

Cereans (Ki Adi Mundi)

Niktos (Ima Gun Di)

Nautolans

Rodians

Trandoshans

Duros

thanks

Eeeer All Cartel Market Species Are Available To All Classes,And Sadly As Much As Some Species Fit Bioware's Description Of What A Cartel Market Species Needs To Be Added,They Would Have To Mess With A Lot Of Stuff To Make Those Available,And With The Few Resources They Are Having I Doubt They Will Go To The Trouble Of It.

Rodian and Kel'dor must be!

But its nice idea to do some spieces only for some classes, for example Rodian Smuggler/Bounty

Or Kel'dor Knight/Consular

Not going to happen, and Rodian's definitely won't happen, because they aren't humanoid. Kel'dors might have a slim chance, to make the cut, but I really doubt it, due to their mask. Like most people have said, I think that it will be a pretty sure thing that Nautolans will be the next companion.

But as for my hope/wish, I would love for BW to realease Voss, as a playable species. I don't they that would ever happen, though, because that would involve giving the character creation a height slider. Another species, that is more likely, and something that I would equally love to see, is the Evocii. Both species I would immediately pay, I would be all like http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/264/200/acb.jpg, like I was with the Cathars and Togrutas.

But yeah, Evociis, ALL THE EVOCIIS. I actually think, that they might be an unappreciated species, but just imagine an Evocii smuggler, or perhaps a bh? They could also, probably work as a force user, too, especially an Inquisitor considering that the entire species are pretty much slaves, to the hutts.

As for making some species, class specific, while I absolutely love that idea I don't think it will ever happen. Just because of how many people would whine, that they can't be that specific species.

i really don't understand why some people reply with stuff about some species not being "humanoid". i'm assuming they're trying to describe the difficulty the art team would have in creating character models of non-typical alien races; specifically so that the existing costume assets can be used with the new races, but everything discussed so far is humanoid and uses the same underlying body with no special consideration needed when modelling.

Rodians, Cereans, Nautolauns, Togruta -- it really doesn't matter. they all have humanoid bodies and only unique heads. they are all comparable in the work required to add them to the game. the only difference with Rodians or Keldor is that the character creator would also have to turn off the glove slot to show (in addition to the head slot like the Togruta do), off their unique hands.

humanoid means having a humanlike physical bipedal appearance. most star wars species fall into this category. they're almost all just masks/headswaps. the ones that are not humanoid are the ones without a standard bipedal structure like Voolif Monn, Oppo Rancisis, Yarael Poof or Pauans etc. who have exoticly proportioned appendages and wouldn't work in the existing costume art.

Edited by yca_mtl

• 3 weeks later...

ok, people are getting the definition of Humanoid wrong again, LET'S GO SEE WHAT IT IS AGAIN!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Humanoid/Legends

"Classification of a being as humanoid was not standardized or strict. Generally, it entailed having a basic anatomy or construction similar to Humans, that is, a central torso with a head on top, two arms symmetrically arranged on either side, and two legs symmetrically arranged below, providing an upright bipedal stance. Each arm ended in hands that had a variable number of fingers (used for grasping and moving objects), and each leg in feet (used for locomotion). A living humanoid's head had two eyes for sight, a nose for breathing and smelling, and a mouth for nutrition and communication; a mechanical humanoid would not require respiration or nutrition, and would have two photoreceptors instead of eyes. Humanoid species generally had sparse hair, mainly concentrated on the head or face.

A species with slight variations and deviations from this general arrangement could still be classified as humanoid. For example, Duros had no ears, nose, or hair; Twi'leks and Togruta featured headtails; and many non-humanoids had humanoid features. Wookiees, although seeming animalistic, could be called humanoids; they were also classified as anthropoids[3], a term referring to a species with simian features.

Non-humanoid sentient species had distinctly nonhuman characteristics, such as tails, additional limbs (or even no limbs, as with the Slith), wings, additional heads (as the Cha'wen'hes), or invertebrate characteristics (as the Gree). "

Rodians, Wookies, Trandoshans, Duros, Even Jawas etc all fall under what is considered by Star Wars as humanoid.

Which basically "Stands upright, has 2 arms and legs, has a head at the top of torso.".

Edit: Guy above me gets it.

Edited by Jawa_Trooper

How about Voss?

Voss are humanoid species and easily added to the game. In fact, they could essentially be added with some textures using their unique tattoo patterns.

However, they are not a canon species and I personally have no interest in having non-canon species added. Personal preference. I would much rather see dev resources directed towards canon species that fans want to see.

definitions of humanoid are rather irrelevant (they are a term used by the community, not BW).

Humanoid for purposes of new species really just means do they have a human face? Or more accurately, would a human want to kiss it? Which means Nautolan is about as exotic as we're ever going to hope to get.

Again on Voss, lore aside, they are too tall and would not fit in existing cutscenes. Sorry, but won't happen.

Again on Voss, lore aside, they are too tall and would not fit in existing cutscenes. Sorry, but won't happen.

Stop spreading this misinformation. Most Voss aren't any taller than regular NPCs. All Voss which can be interacted with (story NPC's, vendors, etc) use the body type 2 of whichever gender they are. Only random non-interactable Voss have the elongated legs.

Especially don't say that Voss "would not fit in existing cutscenes," because male body type 3 is taller than even the non-interactable Voss.

definitions of humanoid are rather irrelevant (they are a term used by the community, not BW).

Humanoid for purposes of new species really just means do they have a human face? Or more accurately, would a human want to kiss it? Which means Nautolan is about as exotic as we're ever going to hope to get.

what? no. kissing has nothing to do with it. the face either. lol

using the word humanoid is relevant. it's a science term first, outside of the star wars universe and lore, and we're using it to describe the similarity of the character designs in the context of determining the workload required for character artists to add the species to the game. all species that have the same basic humanoid physical shape can easily be added to the game with only minor work. anything outside of that is, logically, more work.

Edited by yca_mtl

So many people obsessed with tentacles... :p

What? Easier to mantain, no falling when you grow old, no need to comb, no entanglements.

Also alien girls with tentacles on the head are sooo sexy; The **** I can't understand why lol

So my vote goes for Nautolans as well. I would love to play a Nautolan smuggler or Sith Assassin girl