UI bugs with new guild window

Jerba

GU 4.3 completed revamped the guild window but sadly it has a few bugs:

Every time something changes in the guild (someone logs in / logs out / character is set as primary), the following things happen:

• The guild window resets (it is scrolled to the top, and the selection is cleared)
  • The focus is removed from any input boxes, including chat.

This is a major bug as it is easily reproduced and can often happen during regular gameplay. To reproduce (

):

1. Open the guild window.
  2. Click on the chat window and start typing.
  3. Have another player log in or log out of the guild.
  4. As soon as the "... has logged in/out" message appears in chat, you are no longer typing in chat window.
  5. You now have to click on the chat window again to continue typing. This only happens while the guild window is open, and it affects not just the chat window but also e.g. the guild MotD window.

Similarily, when you set a character as primary, the guild window is scrolled to the top. This is particularily annoying if you want to set multiple players as primary since you constantly have to scroll down again for it. (

)

Please ensure that the guild window doesn't reset to the top and doesn't remove focus from other elements whenever there is a change to the guild.

The scrollbar is bugged. To reproduce (

):

1. Open the guild window and make sure it shows enough players that the scrollbar is visible, e.g. by turning on offline members.
  2. Remember the length of the scrollbar, then close the guild window.
  3. Open the guild window again. The scrollbar will go across the whole height even though it should be much smaller.
  4. When you scroll down, the scrollbar will now move out of the window.

The only way to fix it seems to be to place your mouse over the scrollbar, then it shows up correctly. Please ensure that the scrollbar always has the correct height when you open the guild window.

It's still not possible to whisper players from the guild window if they have a special character in a name. This has been broken ever since you added the right-click whisper to guild window with 4.0 and sadly it is still broken after 4.3's changes.

Edited by Jerba

Added videos to document the bugs:

I start typing in chat. Then at 0:06, a player from my guild (Doctorbob) is logging out, which removes the chat window focus. Note how my keypresses will now trigger character movement since they are no longer handled by the chat window.

I now have to click on the chat window again to continue typing.

I was scrolling through the guild window and at 0:05, I set a character as primary. This immediately reset the guild window and I now have to scroll down again to be where I was before.

While the guild window is open, I turn on Offline Members to ensure there are enough players in the list to enable the scrollbar. I then close the guild window and reopen it again at 0:06. Not that the scrollbar now looks differently than before I closed and reopened the guild window. When I scroll down, it bugs out the display. Only when I place my mouse over the scrollbar will it show up correctly.

4. The "right-click to whisper" bug should be pretty easy to reproduce, so I didn't create a video for it.

Other threads about these bugs:

Edited by Jerba

First of all : Thanks for providing a QoL improvement for guild leaders/officers. This was long overdue and it's appreciated.

As for the issues, yes they are a few issues that need to be fix for this new window to work properly. The refreshed list being the most important one to fix in my honest opinion as it renders this screen pretty much useless, especially in guilds were there is a lot of activity online.

We used to be able, through a series of click, to sort on multiple columns. This is no longer the case, even worst, some of the sorting don't work as intended. This was mostly useful for example to sort on ranks + last played date in order to update ranks while being able to see the officer notes for example.

The multi-selection is awesome and it would be nice to allow an update of member notes/officers notes on multiple selections. Before displaying the legacy name, we used the officer notes as a way to identify players based on their main toon name. In a guild with over 500 characters, that's pretty useful ;). Unfortunately, the Legacy Name is usually something you don't remember for everybody, it would be nice to have an option to display the Primary Toon Name instead of the Legacy Name in that column.

Thanks again

Similarily, when you set a character as primary, the guild window is scrolled to the top. This is particularily annoying if you want to set multiple players as primary since you constantly have to scroll down again for it. (
)

Please ensure that the guild window doesn't reset to the top and doesn't remove focus from other elements whenever there is a change to the guild.

It's not only when you set a character as primary--if you make changes to the Member or Officer Note, the same behavior occurs.

It was annoying in my ~250 member Guild, I can only imagine how much of a PITA its going to be if a Guild grows to be near 1000 members. :p

Edited by AlixMV

There is also no nested sorting. Anytime a column is sorted, it sub-sorts by character name.

Prior if you sorted by member note first and then rank.. the ranks would still be sorted by member note within the new search, as any good sorting system should be.

Also, if you sort by guild rank for example, but then want to change that column to 'last played' so you can see the last played time for your trials for example without changing another sorted column, it no longer works as if you change what you want to see in your last sorted column, it will automatically sort by your new choice.

As the records officer for our guild, with almost 500 characters on each faction, this renders my ability to keep track of our players activity and ranks almost impossible.

Add to that the automatic resorting by character name any time someone logs off or on, the new guild window is utterly and completely broken for anything more than just looking to see who is online.

Please let us resize the guild window. It covers absolutely everything so if you are creating an operation group and need to see the guild chat and your ops frame while inviting from the guild it's a mess.

We have a large guild and I'd like to quickly see who is on, not have to scroll through 3 pages of detailed info. I do love the way the new detailed info works, thank you, but also need a quick look type thing that doesn't take up the whole screen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Thanks for the information!

I'll pass it along.

Come on Tait, give us a sign. It's been over 2 months since you decided to "improve our guild quality of life" which actually meant you removed our ability to properly administer our guilds. We ask in the producer streams and you ignore us and there are multiple threads about this problem with no reply. I have asked you several times in the various "here is another patch" threads, again with no reply.

Edited by UlaVii

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...