The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Visionary Alliance Pack - tweaks

Grindera

On several occasions BW already made adjustments on upcoming items based on player feedback, so imma give it a try.

The upcoming pack looks really promising, but some small details mess up a few of the items.

Jedi Stategist's Armor Set:

http://tor-fashion.com/jedi-strategist/

The shoulder pads are incredibly large and ugly, so is the scarf.

Please readjust the size of the pads (or just throw them away) and make the scarf a separate headpiece from the chest.

Tempted Apprentice's Lightsaber:

http://tor-fashion.com/tempted-apprentices-lightsaber/

It's totally obvious that this is Luke's lightsaber, but the problem is the size again. Such a beautiful lightsaber overscaled as hell.

Please scale it down a bit to make it look more true to the original.

Thanks for hearing me out, and if you agree, support and sign this thread.

They will never change the size of the weapons unfortunately. The hilts from the CM are generally terribly scaled. Unstable Arbiter's Lightsaber and Derelict lightsaber as examples. To be honest, for me, it would be a priority to scale the weapons properly. As i said in another thread, IF they would change the scale, there would be some meatbags complaining about "That's not what i paid for neneneneneneneh" :jawa_redface:

I don't normally care for this kind of things, but the shoulder pads on that armor are, simply put, ATROCIOUS. Do your people (Or those in charge of creating 3D models for CM items) have some weird fetish for huge shoulder pads on literally every single armor set? That armor would look 10x times better without any shoulder pad at all.

The lightsaber does not look the worst scaled lightsaber in the history of cartel market lightsabers, if you make it much smaller your hand will be in the way of the activation button, I will wait to see it in game myself before making a final decision on it.

Lightsabers shouldn't be like pringles tubes. The scale and size of the saber is terrible. :rak_01:

I will admit that I would prefer the size of the hilt that the shoto has and that I would not duel wield both of these sabers as the mainhand does look big if only using 1 hand but if I am a single saber class its not the worst they have ever done.

Ok, BW, I officially lost my patience. Do ypu know what happens, when someone holds their lightsaber very close to bottom? This:

http://s41.radikal.ru/i093/1603/17/1b3edf61f73c.png

Seriously, upper half of a hilt just screams "I'm here! Cut me off!"

And don't tell me about balance of hilt and other nonsense. We have THE FORCE. Jedi and sith undergo special training to use lightsabers. Right? Is using THE FORCE as minor telekinesis to help yourself wielding such a dangerous weapon sounds like nonsense? We have skills like saber through and other. If using them is not difficult, than using force for at least a bit skilled jedi/sith to help with lightsaber must be like using hands in general, something acquired during years and years of training.

So please, BW, make it right JUST ONE TIME. These lightsabers are really great, i looked forward to get all of them on my chars like it was with starforged and blademasters, but they just hurt my eyes after release. Don't screw these up too. Please.

• 3 weeks later...
As always in these threads I say the oversized hilts are digital compensation for something by the devs....

Single bladed saber hilts as thick as a pringles can, double bladed hilts as long as your thigh?

Subtle... not :p

Bioware for some odd reason has always struggled with weapon sizes. It isn't just limited to SWTOR. In Mass Effect for example the sub-machine guns were as large as assault rifles. Some of the swords and axes in the DA series were also ridiculously over-sized.

It is something I wish would go away, but going by their track record I doubt it will ever change.

Anyone know from where this is from?

Also the Jed Strategist Armor is ruined by the scarf and the humoungous shoulder pads.

This.

The shoulder pads look stupid.