Shadow Stride is Ridiculously Buggy

FlavivsAetivs

So after doing HM TFB today, I decided to finally make a post about this.

Shadow stride has some serious bugs. Half the time, it doesn't even trigger when you click it (with or without ability queuing), sometimes it has as much as 4 seconds of input lag meaning it won't actually happen until 4 seconds after you trigger the ability (with 39ms ping), sometimes you don't move forward to your target at all (regardless of terrain stopping you short like it usually does), and sometimes you bounce across the map.

Some notable examples:

- TFB, when on the pylons on the Terror (last boss), you usually can't even use Shadow Stride. It's greyed out, which is a pretty big issue for Shadow DPS classes (Infiltration and Serenity) due to the fact it procs force potency.

- EV, when you target the turrets, sometimes will send you flying way past them and bouncing off the wall of the entrance to the "eternity vault" or other objects.

And this is beside the fact that a pebble will stop shadow stride short every time. But I'm mainly here to say that this ability is extremely buggy. Just fixing its inability to trigger properly half the time would help a lot; it's annoying to click it and either not move at all, sent flying, or appear at your target 4 seconds after you pressed the ability.

I'm not the only one on Jedi Cov who has noticed how buggy it is either. I asked around and tested it on a separate computer to make sure it wasn't just me.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

If Shadow stride = Phantom Stride for 'sins, then yes, I'm having this issue impside as well and it's awfully annoying. Sometimes I'll bounce across the room before suddenly appearing at the target- All other input is lagless, it's JUST the sin/shadow stride that gets this horrible delay. I don't even use it anymore because of how unreliable it is, I don't know if it will bring me to my target, put me under the terrain, straight up not work ( but consume the ability cooldown ) or what. It's annoying, it needs to be fixed. Kindly.

Shameless bump.

Hey this is a serious problem, I've tried to get people from Jedi Cov to post about it.

This ability does not work right, it's so broken a lot of people avoid using it altogether even though it has important effects/benefits. It NEEDS to be fixed.

Everyone is having input lag on abilities since 4.1, but this is a whole another animal. Half the time Shadow Stride doesn't work, and half the time it does work it doesn't work correctly.

Devs?

~ Eudoxia

The problem with shadow stride being greyed out is that when you're targeting bosses that have the ability to detect stealth (The buff is Advanced Stealth Detection or something) it cancels out Shadow Stride since it seems to be classified as a stealth ability, so it's greyed out and you can't use it.

~ Eudoxia

Devs. Please pay attention to this, the class keeps getting worse and worse! Shadow Strike, Shadow Stride, Resilience, and Phase Walk all have issues (Shadow Strike doesn't work when you are behind the boss sometimes, Shadow Stride doesn't move you or you get sent flying or has a huge delay, phase walk often doesn't teleport you or has a big delay when used, and resilience allows damage through and doesn't remove DoT when it's supposed to make you completely immune and cleanse.)

Now allegedly one of Serenity Shadow's procs is broken. That's a SERIOUS hit to our already horrendously underperforming class.

Our class is BROKEN. Fix it!

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

• 2 weeks later...

Any acknowledgement that you know how bugged the Shadow Class is would be much appreciated. It is in desperate need of a DPS buff too, we are presently the worst performing class there is.

Shadow Stride often does not work right. Phase Walk sometimes doesn't work right either. Certain bosses (1st boss in Red Reaper, Terror in TFB) prevent us from using Shadow Stride altogether, when for our class it is vital for our DPS.

Fixing these would be much appreciated.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs