Clothing, Armor, foot wear.

Docthebutcher

This will lose many here since most have no experience with what I am about to bring up.

I have wonder for a long time.

Why do we not have high heels for our companions and out toons that are

dressed in a way they WOULD have HIGH HEELS.?!.?! :rak_03:

Seriously a SITH damn sure would wear them . Oh cant run or fight in them.

Then you have never worn them have you .

Darth TALON ...AHEM serious heels on that babe.

Why would a sexy dressed character have COMBAT BOOTS or some boring flat footed item,

OH they wouldn't hold up in a fight...really ??? Please titanium stilettos ahem

Really we can dress the hell out of our gal toons but they lack foot wear and YEAH i have a huge thing for high heels.

My wife spoiled me wearing 5+inch stiletto platforms all the time and she could run in them.

Now on our DUDES...yep we can snaz them up...even the right foot wear...err Back to the gals.

HIGH HEELS...not just some 3 inch ugly pump real high heel Stiletto platforms...knee high stiletto platforms

Thigh High stiletto platform heels.

Oh none of that is stripper stuff...please only people who are jealous of those kind of heels because they are biggen with swollen feet or cant get a girl to wear them calls them stripper clothes..

Strippers wear jeans i guess all jeans are stripper clothes...Strippers drive cars...oh all cars are stripper cars.

Oh prostitute shows? Jeans ???? Socks??? all prostitute?? sigh

My Marauder looks like she is in Purple Latex it is how i wanted her...yet flat foot wear...NEVER would you see that...

A example is here, these are SOME of my wife's heels she use to wear. YES you can run and fight in them..specially augmented with the FORCE

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150119892723228&set=a.10150119094393228.336948.754168227&type=3&theater

Len

People in the SW galaxy are more advanced than we are, and being aware of the damage high-heels can cause to your ankles, shins, spine, etc, wearing high heels never caught on. :cool:

But, in reality, I suspect there would be a few problems with trying to modify the character matrix to allow for the extra height gain (or loss) when you wear high heels (or take them off), and there would need to be a whole new set of animations for walking and running - especially the animations for falling over and face-planting and/or snapping off the heels. :rolleyes:

It may sound like a good idea but technically, it's not something BW is apt to spend that much time and money on. :)

I would like this idea. I wear heels all the time and yes you can run in them.

I even wear them to college and climb stairs with them and I also like the fact when some idiot decides to not understand when I say no how my heel winds up in the middle of his foot and then he understands the word no.

Edited by casirabit

But, in reality, I suspect there would be a few problems with trying to modify the character matrix to allow for the extra height gain (or loss) when you wear high heels (or take them off), and there would need to be a whole new set of animations for walking and running - especially the animations for falling over and face-planting and/or snapping off the heels. :rolleyes:

It may sound like a good idea but technically, it's not something BW is apt to spend that much time and money on. :)

This. They are doing bare bones as it is, EA would never approve funding for this.

I wear heels all the time and yes you can run in them.

:D Edited by XiamaraSimi

This. They are doing bare bones as it is, EA would never approve funding for this.

:D

Hehe you might want to ask my morning instructor since that class I am always have to run to class because I didn't want to get up in the morning and I am the type that will not leave my room until my hair and makeup is done lol.

Edited by casirabit

It would be a lot of work to accommodate a shoe fetish. Personally, I think it looks stupid. (Yes, when I was younger I would go dancing for hours in spike heels.) As sexy as Frank-N-Furter looked in fishnets and heels, I have no desire to see that in-game. There are plenty of Asian MMOs that have high heels so you can get your fix. Bonus, you can have jiggle physics :rolleyes:

As much as I would love to have my agent running around in high heels, probably isn't going to happen.

Footwear - especially concerning the heel - are very unsettled in this game.

Especially since half the floors in the game tend to eat an inch or two of the bottom of your feet

Probably because animations would have to change. Footwear in the game is just a skin replacing the feet, it has no automatic effect on the rest of the body, like height or posture. But for heels to look "right", the character would have to be taller and would have to walk and run differently. Have you seen female characters in cut scenes? They have the same bow-legged swagger that the male characters have. They probably can create the skins easily, but if they don't take the anatomic effects into account, you likely won't enjoy the visual much. Edited by KyaniteD

Probably because animations would have to change. Footwear in the game is just a skin replacing the feet, it has no automatic effect on the rest of the body, like height or posture. But for heels to look "right", the character would have to be taller and would have to walk and run differently. Have you seen female characters in cut scenes? They have the same o-legged swagger that the male characters have. They probably can create the skins easily, but if they don't take the anatomic effects into account, you likely won't enjoy the visual much.

Yeo, Bioware standard. Everyone does the bowl-legged John Wayne cowboy swagger strut. Even tiny old Wynn in dragon age did it. Pure laziness.

I own a few pairs of platform stilettos in real life and there's no way in hell I would be able to run (not gingerly trot to try and catch the bus) or fight in them and if I tried I would either fall or break my ankles or both as well as being much slower and less balanced(Oprah calls shoes like that "8 minute shoes" for a reason). Not that I care about how practically or believably someone wants to dress themselves in a video game, but yeah the whole "if you think you can't run or fight in them then you've never worn them" is BS and said by someone who's never worn them (most likely a guy).

As for why they're not in the game, it's probably because it would require changing the foot shape and making the character taller which would make some of the animations awkward (such as the kiss scenes being misaligned).

Edited by Nefla

I own a few pairs of platform stilettos in real life and there's no way in hell I would be able to run or fight in them and if I tried I would either fall or break my ankles or both as well as being much slower and less balanced(Oprah calls shoes like that "8 minute shoes" for a reason). Not that I care about how practically or believably someone wants to dress themselves in a video game, but yeah the whole "if you think you can't run or fight in them then you've never worn them" is BS and said by someone who's never worn them (most likely a guy).

As for why they're not in the game, it's probably because it would require changing the foot shape and making the character taller which would make some of the animations awkward (such as the kiss scenes being misaligned).

This, so very very very much this. Totter running into a faceplant is about as unsexy as you can get.

lol, high heels, on Hoth!

For those who don't get much ice in the winter (or have a winter at all for that matter), those things are fantastically stupid.

To share a story, a number of years back while waiting at a bus stop, a pre-teen girl obviously decided it was time for her to start into the whole "fashion" thing. Now, for reference, I live in the Canadian Prairies, where a sizable portion of the year involves the ground being covered in ice. This day in particular was too cold for salt to melt the ice, so the sidewalks were slick to say the least. So when this "fashion" thing involved shoes with a combined surface area probably in the few square centimeter range of completely smooth plastic material, well, you can imagine the results.

For that matter, I can't imagine any of the soft dirt, sand or snow biomes within this game would work at all. So technical issues aside, they are a stupid piece of footwear in even the best situations, in all the rest, they'd be totally non-functional.

lol, high heels, on Hoth!

For those who don't get much ice in the winter (or have a winter at all for that matter), those things are fantastically stupid.

To share a story, a number of years back while waiting at a bus stop, a pre-teen girl obviously decided it was time for her to start into the whole "fashion" thing. Now, for reference, I live in the Canadian Prairies, where a sizable portion of the year involves the ground being covered in ice. This day in particular was too cold for salt to melt the ice, so the sidewalks were slick to say the least. So when this "fashion" thing involved shoes with a combined surface area probably in the few square centimeter range of completely smooth plastic material, well, you can imagine the results.

For that matter, I can't imagine any of the soft dirt, sand or snow biomes within this game would work at all. So technical issues aside, they are a stupid piece of footwear in even the best situations, in all the rest, they'd be totally non-functional.

Yeah, but these are probably the same pepple who run around on Hoth in a bikini...

Just imagining that windburn & frostbite makes my bööbs hurt :rolleyes:

This is not sexy... :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Yeah, but these are probably the same pepple who run around on Hoth in a bikini...

Just imagining that windburn & frostbite makes my bööbs hurt :p

While I haven't seen bikini IRL, I have seen short shorts and light shirt. It was around -15 C (can't remember if there was a wind or not).

Her pace accelerated quite rapidly over the next minute or so until she made it to the next building. It wasn't cold enough to cause any damage in that short time period but the result was still amusing (in the eye-rolly sense)

I kinda wish they'd add a cosmetic debuff for Hoth on Female Clothing. Make the character start shivering every time you stop moving, maybe even turn around and yell at the player if out too long (hypothermia does strange things to mind after all)

I'm not entirely convinced it's because the height. I remember developers for other games have stated that heels on women solves the problem if the female meshes tend to shorter then the male ones already.

The issue is when you have both heels and flat shoes. Then you have to create skins that change a character's height. In this game, afaik, skins for foot wear don't have that kind of attribute. It's not the height per se, it's the difference between different outfits that make it more than just re-skinning. It's also easy if all footwear are heels, then the base body height always includes the heels and you just change skins again. But if you have both flat shoes and heels, you're not just changing skins, you're changing a character body's dimensions (or don't, and change the proportions, which would look funny).

Edited by KyaniteD

Our characters also tend to walk alot on grates or not completely solid surfaces. Heels would go right through those, you'd never be able to walk on them.

I've played games where the devs will put in shoes with short heels for female characters. Short heels so they don't have to change the character height, all they do is shorten the leg a bit and make the feet have the appearance of heels. It looks incredibly silly. I did play a Korean MMO where the female chars could wear heals or flats and the heels actually changed the height of the character. It made me feel better about how stupid my character looked running around in combat wearing heels (and a bustier with, yes, jiggle physics ... but let's not get into that).

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.