Why is Ashara so popular? She makes no sense.

Blech. They're perfect for each other then, Light Side Sith don't make sense either.

Light side sith is actually cannon (ish)

there were factions that used the light side of the force, even sith that were open about it, counsil memebers and the like.

Dark/Ligt is also DESTRUCTIN/CREATION, and Sith heal, they create they do alot that IS in the spere of the Light side...but they re still sith...first and foremost, and sit is NOT lightsided in its philosophy.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have to say that any man who gets told by his hologram who he can date and what he can do, isn't worth my time. And if memory serves she was even acting up like a little baby about it, by taking it out on the ship's systems or something.

He said something about her making his bunk zap him because he was tring to make time with you... so shes pretty much the "psycho thinks shes his gf no matter what" trope as well :p

It's been a while, but if there was no plot armor for that holobimbo, I'd have erased her and made certain there was no back up. Ooops. Sorry Cedrax...you might actually have to talk to a real girl now.
why would you use a term like "holobimbo"

Because that's what Theran designed her to be?
it's an offensive, draconian term. why are you shaming a woman, virtual or not, for sexual or presumed sexual activities? Edited by Pagy

it's an offensive, draconian term. why are you shaming a woman, virtual or not, for sexual or presumed sexual activities?

It's offensive, to you? And we're shaming Theran as he programmed Holiday, who is the walking definition of a bimbo.

He said something about her making his bunk zap him because he was tring to make time with you... so shes pretty much the "psycho thinks shes his gf no matter what" trope as well :p

Ah yes, that's it, thank you! I knew it was something like that. I really hate her character. She's an unsightly stereotype that Bioware created, thinking that guys would enjoy that and perhaps they do. I know as a woman, I absolutely loathe her ilk. But most of all her voice, behaviors and her fawning demeanor are repulsive to me. She typifies the bimbo stereotype, which I find loathsome. Definitely not playing a JC ever again, it just grates on my nerves and the story is about as interesting as a wad of paste.

Edited by Lunafox

yes and sorry i don't presume to judge women and resort to ****-shaming.

I have to agree with Pagy. In these times, the term "bimbo" has no place in public discourse.

However, the terms: Coy, docile, suggestive, flirty, seductive, and "communicates substantially via sexual innuendo" are completely fine ... and judgment-free ... and apt.

I say this as a fan of my Jedi's Companion's Holo-Coquette.

Ashara doesn't make sense for the "normal" playthroughs of DS and LS inqusitors.

I went through with a female non-human SI, and the viewpoint that evolved for me was a character consumed by a blinding hate for the Emperor, the Sith Order, and the Empire.

If the goal is to burn all traces of the Empire from the face of the Galaxy, and then burn the ashes, Ashara makes a perfectly serviceable weapon. Better than a real Jedi because there aren't others trying to moderate or restrain her, and her values don't seem to prohibit exterminating Sith provided you phrase the request in a way that suggests the target is not redeemable.

It's much more convenient to have her carve a path through the undergrowth of the Sith hierarchy than being forced to cut down every idiot dark apprentice yourself.

Of course, if ruthless genocide of the Sith isn't your SI's primary goal, I can see how there would be personnel management issues with Ashara.

She wants a life of purpose, for a cause that is worthy**. Provide one, and she doesn't whine.

Well, not much anyway.

**The official cause (as far as Ashara knows) is to, "make the galaxy safe and free." Not having run into any Sith or high ranking Imperials that can be redeemed is purely coincidence. Would a Sith Inquisitor lie to their apprentice? ;)

Besides, if you divide the amount of time available to make the galaxy safe and free by the number of Imperial scum that need to die, you find that the mean available time for redemption is so small that it's not even practical to give the ones that may already be redeemed time to surrender. The only practical solution is to kill them all.

For the good of the galaxy.

Ashara's not quite ready for that rationalization yet.

yes and sorry i don't presume to judge women and resort to ****-shaming.

We're shaming the pathetic slime that had such a huge ego he had to program an A.I to carry it, I can't really shame Holiday when she doesn't have any type of free will. Her only will being ''Theran so hawt and smexy!". All she talks about, think about is Theran. Her life revolves around Theran. She is the definition of Bimbo. We're not judging woman, we're judging one character.

We're shaming the pathetic slime that had such a huge ego he had to program an A.I to carry it, I can't really shame Holiday when she doesn't have any type of free will. Her only will being ''Theran so hawt and smexy!". All she talks about, think about is Theran. Her life revolves around Theran. She is the definition of Bimbo. We're not judging woman, we're judging one character.
you're still using this term.

stop using this term.

it's an offensive, draconian term. why are you shaming a woman, virtual or not, for sexual or presumed sexual activities?

But it's true, I have to agree with them. Literally everything she says has an erotic tone to it, half of everything she says is innuendo. I know it's meant to be comedic, but I can easily see why it would creep people out and why people would say she has "bimbo programming".

But it's true, I have to agree with them. Literally everything she says has an erotic tone to it, half of everything she says is innuendo. I know it's meant to be comedic, but I can easily see why it would creep people out and why people would say she has "bimbo programming".
why is anything she has to say deserve to be treated as a negative?

Shes all the annoying things you hate about Teenage Anakin/Luke with bööbs added on to make all the guys forget about the first part:

Shes a whiney hypocritical twit.

I call her Asharakin.

You absolutely win this thread :D

Because she's young, impressionable and naïve. - Unlike Kira, who rejected the Dark side, and Nadia who saw it's horrors at first hand.

Story wise, she's either accepted the sith ways as better, or stronger, or more appealing - or she's fighting them from within. - Besides, IIRC , the story on Taris was all an elaborate trap to make her doubt herself and her teachings and side with the Inquisitor.

And to some folks who have the hots for Togruta girls, she's a babe.

And two lightsabres > one.

[quote=Storm-Cutter;885596

Story wise, she's either accepted the sith ways as better, or stronger, or more appealing - or she's fighting them from within. - Besides, IIRC , the story on Taris was all an elaborate trap to make her doubt herself and her teachings and side with the Inquisitor.

The story was hilarious there. You either recruit her by giving her an object, with her being like ''Ooooo, SHINY THING!" or you save her from Sith Assassins where she asks ''Why would a sith attatck another Sith?"....HELLO, MCFLY!? IS ANYBODY IN THERE! Don't be so gullible Mcfly!