Those Courting Gifts....

ZeridanShear

Courting gifts are still bugged!

They have been since 4.0 (that's 5 months now).No matter when a romance is started (from pre-4.0 or done now), companions that normally start liking courting gifts after a certain point do NOT now.

Please look into this. Or, at minimum, just acknowledge it!

doc responded well to courting gifts (love level), I had over like 500 blue once and like 300 purple, so I got him to rank 50 in one take. Still farming gifts and already have over 300 blue and 250 purple courting gifts. Don't know what to do with them..

The last official word I could find on this issue is here in the dev tracker. They mention some sort of fix scheduled for 4.1, though I don't ever recall only Nico Okarr being able to get affection from courting gifts (?). Regardless, courting gifts are still not working as they should be. I was really hoping they'd be fixed in 4.2. :( I want to max out Corso and Theron Shan with the huge stockpile of courting gifts I'm sitting on, since they are the only romanced companions I have to give them too!

doc responded well to courting gifts (love level), I had over like 500 blue once and like 300 purple, so I got him to rank 50 in one take. Still farming gifts and already have over 300 blue and 250 purple courting gifts. Don't know what to do with them..

Some companions will gain influence from courting gifts even if not romanced, such as Talos, Guss, and Nadia. I believe Doc is the only one that "loves" courting gifts even without being romanced. The problem seems to be that romanced companions do not gain the influence from courting gifts that they should.