4.2 Class Changes (There is hope yet!)

Lhancelot

Classes + Combat

Trooper

Vanguard

Plasmatech

Superheated Plasma now increases Plasma Cell damage by 10% (down from 30%) and its chance to be triggered by 5% (down from 10%), to properly mirror the values of the Pyrotech's Superheated Gas.

Imperial Agent

Sniper

Fixed an issue that caused Seek Cover to be removed early, rather than be refreshed, if the Sniper was out of cover when Entrench ended.

Smuggler

Gunslinger

Fixed an issue that caused Heads Up to be removed early, rather than be refreshed, if the Gunslinger was out of cover when Hunker Down ended.

Ok, see... They are making class changes even though they had mentioned they would not be! This is encouraging, this means they are aware that some things need improved and worked on!

I don't see Sorc or Sage up there.

It's like they are teasing us.

No. But, they did reduce plasmatech's damage so that's good! Right? I mean... I am still tired drinking coffee atm. Am I reading this right, they toned down some of the damage on plasmatech? lol

How is it increased by 10%, if it is reduced from 30%? I am so confused by that part. :confused:

Edited by Lhancelot

So... um... hate to break it to you but fixing an oversight and a bug =/= class balance. And if you'll look at the rest of the notes, you'll find many more similar type fixes. If you want to call that class changes, then so be it, but what people are really talking about happening/not happening are class balance.

How is it increased by 10%, if it is reduced from 30%? I am so confused by that part. :confused:

That's easy to explain : The "increased by" part is the important one.

Superheated Plasma is increasing something.

In the past, it was increasing damage by 30 % .

Now it is only increasing by 10 % .

L2R :p

No. But, they did reduce plasmatech's damage so that's good! Right? I mean... I am still tired drinking coffee atm. Am I reading this right, they toned down some of the damage on plasmatech? lol

These were the changes that already happened to PT, and were mistakenly not mirrored onto the VG.

And your confusion confuses me. Reduced to an increase of 10%, down from an increase of 30% means that if damage was 10 and the bonus used to be 30%, then it would add 3, totaling 13 dmg. Now its 10%, so if the dmg is 10 it will add 1, totaling 11 dmg.

Edited by Wimbleton

Classes + Combat

Trooper

Vanguard

Plasmatech

Superheated Plasma now increases Plasma Cell damage by 10% (down from 30%) and its chance to be triggered by 5% (down from 10%), to properly mirror the values of the Pyrotech's Superheated Gas.

OMG AT LAST they fixed that OP Plasmatech.

Now it's all balanced.

:sul_smile:

These were the changes that already happened to PT, and were mistakenly not mirrored onto the VG.

And your confusion confuses me. Reduced to an increase of 10%, down from an increase of 30% means that if damage was 10 and the bonus used to be 30%, then it would add 3, totaling 13 dmg. Now its 10%, so if the dmg is 10 it will add 1, totaling 11 dmg.

yeah I am awful at math and the logic behind it. but, my basic understanding of their formula was correct then the damage was reduced. Just glad that this very important issue was fixed. :p

SWEET!! The vanguard suck as a class, and they suck even more. I'm just going to hunt them down even more.

Thanks SWTOR :rak_03:

You might have a few hundred juggs standing in your way before you get to one though. Throw in a few sorcs too, for good measure.

The funny thing, with having a **** ton of juggs/sorcs right now though, is that at least it's still possible to stealth cap thigns, so even if they manage to overwhelm a node, assuming the off node isn't being guarded by a jugg tank or sorc heal that knows how to player their class, you could just grab the off node anyway, maintaining the lead. Your team will still probably get the most deaths and least DPS, but it's a win all the same.