Bastion - Community Event - Pod Race & Best-Dressed Contest - Friday 3/11 at 9:00 PST

MonkMoney

Aggressive Negotiations is proud to host our first community event

Pod Race and Best-Dressed contest

Time: This coming Friday 3/11/16 at 9:00 PST (12:00 EST)

Entry Fee: 50,000 credits.

In game mail must be submitted to Cassias (PUB) Chifft (IMP) . Include your entry fee, participating toon name, and your guild name.

Prizes:

First - Hyper Crate & 4,000,000 credits

Second - 3,000,000 credits

Third - 2,000,000 credits

Forth - 1,000,000 credits

Best Dressed - 500,000 credits (to be held by prior to the race)

The race map will be posted their prior to the event.

Violation of the below rules will disqualify the player and their guild from any prizes.

All racers must pass through established checkpoints. Quick travel points will be monitored. PVP is banned during the race. The ONLY time PVP is allowed is when the race passes through the "Outlaw's Den". We encourage your guild and friends to come and support you there by sabotaging other racers.

Thank you to everyone in advance for participating.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Edited by MonkMoney

You will have very close finales as speeders are all as fast and technique won't make that much a difference. There ought to be some mad slaughtering on the Den, though I think the weaklings are doomed to fail and some hardcore player will come out on top with their equaly obsessive guild aiding.

Heard that Jawa trader sells a Photo-finish device.

Good luck.

Edited by richiesilva

You will have very close finales as speeders are all as fast and technique won't make that much a difference. There ought to be some mad slaughtering on the Den, though I think the weaklings are doomed to fail and some hardcore player will come out on top with their equaly obsessive guild aiding.

Heard that Jawa trader sells a Photo-finish device.

Good luck.

Level-sync comes into play with Mobs now, which is why no pvp unless in the Out Law Den. We will have people streaming, following the leaders and at the finish line.

One of our members that has been with us since launch is being deployed over seas on Sunday, and this is a going away party for him. I hope we have a great turn out.

Edited by MonkMoney

Can't have competitive "pod racing" in the game.

Sure you can, the same way you have competetive anything racing IRL. People race drones, badgers, snails, backwards runners....

Plus, this post would go better in the server forum. Also, "best dressed" competitions are simply popularity contests.

Quibbling.... Seriously, do you have anything positive to say about anything.....

IOW, this is a bust before it even starts.

...ever?

Sure you can, the same way you have competetive anything racing IRL. People race drones, badgers, snails, backwards runners.

Those do not suffer from network lag. Who will determine who "wins?" If it's not close, it won't matter. If it's close, different people will "see" a different player cross the finish line first. So if it is close, everyone has to be content to let the "official declarer of the winner" declare the winner.

Those do not suffer from network lag. Who will determine who "wins?" If it's not close, it won't matter. If it's close, different people will "see" a different player cross the finish line first. So if it is close, everyone has to be content to let the "official declarer of the winner" declare the winner.

Lag is a valid concern, I'll grant you that. That falls under the category of uncontrollable outside influences, such as the batteries dying on your drone remote, or a cougar attacking you in an off road bike race.

He says they'll have judges and will be streaming. I will cautiously assume they'll be recording said streams and thus can review any close decisions.

You do know how to have fun, though, right? Just checking. Besides, the Outlaw Den part will make any network latency kind of... really... the least of your problems, lol.

@OP I miss those on my server, and I'm looking forward to the stream. Will you post the address here, too?

Can't have competitive "pod racing" in the game. Plus, this post would go better in the server forum. Also, "best dressed" competitions are simply popularity contests.

IOW, this is a bust before it even starts.

1. We are giving out 10,500,000 credits and a Hypercrate. FOR FUN.

2. You are saying our attempt to have fun and give out free stuff is going to fail. You sir need to find joy in your life.

3. Please stay off of Tatoonine on Friday, we will need the bandwidth you'd be wasting.

Thank you.

You do know how to have fun, though, right? Just checking. Besides, the Outlaw Den part will make any network latency kind of... really... the least of your problems, lol.

@OP I miss those on my server, and I'm looking forward to the stream. Will you post the address here, too?

Yes. I can post the streams, just will wait to see which of us will sacrifice missing out on all the rewards first haha.

You can also look on twitch in the SWTOR Section. The steam titles will say "Bastion Pod Race Judge" or something.

This is pretty interesting, hope it doesn't turn into an all out world pvp massacre. You got my attention though, this could be fun.

You should post guildies in the Outlaw's Den and take people down. Not kill them, just throw AoE's around.

"Uh-oh, looks like some Tusken Raiders are camped out on the track!"

You should post guildies in the Outlaw's Den and take people down. Not kill them, just throw AoE's around.

"Uh-oh, looks like some Tusken Raiders are camped out on the track!"

Exactly! I already have people telling me they are dressing up as Sand People and going to camp in the Outlaw Den

• 2 weeks later...
1. We are giving out 10,500,000 credits and a Hypercrate. FOR FUN.

2. You are saying our attempt to have fun and give out free stuff is going to fail. You sir need to find joy in your life.

3. Please stay off of Tatoonine on Friday, we will need the bandwidth you'd be wasting.

Thank you.

Lol I know this is late but your post made laugh.