The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Subscriber Rewards Made Purchasable On Cartel Market

Many friends of mine and myself included would like to see the old Subscriber rewards and Pre-Order rewards, such as Rise of the Hutt Cartel Pre-Order Rewards, or the Jawa Balloon, for example, made purchasable with Cartel Coins.

*EDIT*: Forget it, bad idea. But I'd still like to see the subscriber reward promotions re-obtainable, perhaps by redoing the promotions? Maybe "Subscribe this month and get "Insert new item here", and this older promotion item if you didn't get it already."

Edited by CaptainLightz

Personally I don;t care and some of them I would like to have but:

We'd pay- so why not?

Those who did get those rewards will rise up in anger over that suggestion.

"Those rewards are ones that they earned and you have no right to take that honour away from them and how dare you make such a suggestion and blah blah blah...."

I'd point you to a couple of the previous threads suggesting this but I'm sure you searched first before posting your suggestion. ;)

Edited by dr_mike

"Those rewards are ones that they earned and you have no right to take that honour away from them and how dare you make such a suggestion and blah blah blah...."

Yeah I know people will say that but the difference is that we'd be paying and they wouldn't have to, so I don't see any argument against this. ;)

at first I agreed to something like this, but this will then be considered a bait and switch to those that actually subbed up for those months

Yeah, but the majority of the stuff that they give away to sub players is just a bunch of crap items anyway that most don't care about. There are a few decent nuggets in there though.

Yeah, but the majority of the stuff that they give away to sub players is just a bunch of crap items anyway that most don't care about. There are a few decent nuggets in there though.

They are MY crap items and you can't have them!

Yeah I know people will say that but the difference is that we'd be paying and they wouldn't have to, so I don't see any argument against this. ;)

To me, that sounds a lot like:

"I want some of those items that I do not qualify to receive, and I refuse to acknowledge that players with those items had to meet specific criteria in order to receive them. I further refuse to acknowledge that allowing players to purchase those rewards would undermine BW's future ability to use exclusive rewards as an incentive for players to meet specific criteria in the future."

Exclusive rewards for being subscribed on a certain date, or during a certain time period would lose their effectiveness if players could just simply throw a few CC's at BW at some future time. This is especially true when many of those CC's used to purchase those exclusive rewards will simply be "FREE" CC's in the form of monthly stipends or referral rewards.

The "we'll be paying for it, won't we" argument falls VERY short when many will actually be using those FREE CC's and NOT providing any additional revenue to BW.

As others have said, no subscriber exclusive reward has ever been made available by any other means. There may have been similar items, maybe even recolors, but the subscriber exclusive rewards for meeting certain criteria have been exactly that--EXCLUSIVE rewards for meeting specific criteria.

Many friends of mine and myself included would like to see the old Subscriber rewards and Pre-Order rewards, such as Rise of the Hutt Cartel Pre-Order Rewards, or the Jawa Balloon, for example, made purchasable with Cartel Coins.

We'd pay- so why not?

Since we'd be paying extra for something the original pre-orderers or subscribers got for free, it's a win-win. No one is hurt by it.

So, again, why not?

Anyone who agrees, please take the time to post here so this could become a reality.

Thanks!

Dude you can request all you want, but I guarantee it wont happen. They are not going to risk turning off people that are subscribing for it, for probably a much smaller minority that will pay for it. If they were going to do it, they would have by now.

Some of it IS people feeling entitled and not wanting to share their toys, but it's more to do with setting precedents.

If they actually did give in to your demands, it would totally undermine any future promotions, since they wouldn't be able to use the ploy again. Trying to get people to stay subscribed, or to subscribe by a set time would have no reward, since people could just complain that they didn't get them and buy the things later.

Yes, I now do see the point of not making them available for purchase, but what about doing the promotions over again?

Basically, subscribe now and get the items you previously did not or could not. I, for example WOULD have subscribed if I COULD have.

Yes, I now do see the point of not making them available for purchase, but what about doing the promotions over again?

Basically, subscribe now and get the items you previously did not or could not. I, for example WOULD have subscribed if I COULD have.

I'd rather them make new stuff. Imagine all the people that got the previous stuff, what do they get the second go around?

Honestly, they should just make veteran rewards like many other MMOs do, so nothing is really ever "closed off" but you have to work up to it.

Again, that would defeat the purpose.

"Why subscribe now, when I can just subscribe later and get that new shiny?"

Is there some part of "EXCLUSIVE reward for meeting X criteria", or even the word EXCLUSIVE, that is difficult to understand?

Again, that would defeat the purpose.

"Why subscribe now, when I can just subscribe later and get that new shiny?"

Is there some part of "EXCLUSIVE reward for meeting X criteria", or even the word EXCLUSIVE, that is difficult to understand?

This.

I'd point you to a couple of the previous threads suggesting this but I'm sure you searched first before posting your suggestion. ;)

The funniest part of all of them is that somehow paying for something or having some other arduous way to grind for it isn't "earning" it, but them just being subbed for a month at a certain time is. :D

The obvious exception to this is stuff you actually do earn by some feat of skill, like Ranked Warzone seasonal items, or OP drops and trophies/titles.

As others have pointed ou, the point of this promotional items is to entice players to sub or stay subed. BioWare does not do this out of kindness, but as part of their busines model. That is also the reason many of the conveniences of being subed are unavailable to F2Ps.

If there are other ways to obtain these items, than there is no reason to sub at that specified point (or period) in time.

The Devs aren't going to change the exclusivity of those items because of the players rageing, but because it goes against the strategies they have adopted to atract and keep subs.

That is way, unless there is a major change to a non subscription only model, those items won't hit the CM.

Personally I don;t care and some of them I would like to have but:

Agree some would feel put out. I am not one of them. Personally I don't care what others have or don't have.

Question for me is always,

How does this affect me?

Answer.

it does not in any way. So as said don't care if BW make these available again.

As long as it's for subs. I say this because if everything was given free to F2P, then none of us would sub. I believe that would affect me as don't think the game could survive solely as F2P.

Edited by DreadtechSavant