new explanation on mechanics

Yeah sadly that's not helping. You have two options: a) Stick with your guild, only run with players who can link ACMs and ridicule everyone else until you have no one to play with, or b) Organize some PuGs for SM and HM, explain bosses so new players are introduced to the fights.

It's become clear that BioWare will not do anything about the situation so if we want to change it, we have to do it ourselves. I prefer to do the latter and hope that come a few months, there will be a few HM-ready players on my server again.

Organizing pugs for any SM and HM EV/KP is fine. Trying to organize a pug for anything more difficult requires individuals that are at least willing to put in the effort to achieve some moderate level of class competency. Based on my own limited experience and the experience of those I know that have also tried to teach others, such an audience of willing students seems largely absent from the game.

I seriously start to doubt that after i saw enrage on anihilation droid hm yesterday.

Wait until you see a Shadow dps fail the Infernal Council, with his mob sitting at 40% health when the timer runs out.

:eek:

It was there before, it's been around for a year or two. Video is from 2.0.

The video in question, for those who didn't hit the link before it was pulled, is Kanre's viewpoint on one of NGE's first kills of NiM Bestia 16 man (pre-nerf). I don't remember if it was their absolute first kill, but it was an early one. The video is notable for demonstrating what was, to my knowledge, a completely unique strategy for killing the boss. Namely, Kanre (on his shadow tank) spent the entire fight kiting around a sizable percentage of the monsters which spawned (if I recall, he ended the fight with five of them), aided by chained Transcendence from their several combat sentinels.

Interestingly, not only is Kanre's video gone, but another perspective (which I had seen a year or two ago) is also gone from the search results. I simply cannot find any videos of pre-3.0 NGE Bestia kills, despite the fact that I know I watched them previously.

In any case, there's no point in getting worked up. This game doesn't have progression anymore. There's literally nothing legitimate on the PvE scene to generate drama.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

Honestly, I don't know why are you commenting so much in regards to our guild KBN while it's clear you have no idea what you are speaking about, your role in this community is clear and you were appreciated for it, progression or discussion on the topic however isn't. First of all, the player perspective wasn't of Kanre, secondly it wasn't "an early kill", it's likely a video of the first ever 16man Bestia Nightmare kill and it's not listed anymore cause his channel (just like our NGE channel) was nuked with copyright claims which removed all content and none has been bothered to reupload them (We since Nanuke is lazy and Colley since he quit before 3.0).
Edited by RikuvonDrake

Honestly, I don't know why are you commenting so much in regards to our guild KBN while it's clear you have no idea what you are speaking about, your role in this community is clear and you were appreciated for it, progression or discussion on the topic however isn't.

Partially because I've always been generally annoyed at NGE (and FF before the rename) on a large number of issues, and now that the endgame is dead I don't care enough not to say things. Not annoyed at you personally in any way, but NGE. The other part is probably because NGE is one of the few guilds still here. Who else are we going to talk about?

It's also worth noting that, whether you value my contribution to the conversation or not, I certainly have every right to discuss progression. Count up the number of players remaining in the game who cleared everything at level. One would imagine that group would be the most qualified to speak to whatever progression-related topics even matter anymore, and I am among that group.

As I said, there really shouldn't be any drama here. There's nothing to get heated about because there's nothing left at all. We can squabble about this-or-that from days gone by, but I suspect that's all of us just missing the days when we had something to get riled up about. Rydarus was out of line posting the video, you were out of line poking fun at his server, and I'm out of line expressing my general displeasure with NGE. None of it matters though.

In any case, the video Rydarus linked was of Kanre's perspective. The one you linked is the second video that I had been thinking of, which was the only one I had ever seen prior to Rydarus's link. I think the sage perspective is better anyway, since you can see more of what's going on.

The rash of youtube takedowns on SWTOR videos is absurd. Basically the only ones that survived were videos where the game music was either muted or replaced with some other soundtrack.

Fair enough, do what you wish but I highly disagree in regards to you belonging in the crème de la crème, just cause most others left doesn't mean the requirements are lowered, but if makes you feel better about yourself, whatever.

But be aware that once again you are wrong, Kanre didn't record the video, Colley did on either his shadow or his guardian and that is the video which you are referring to. You know how I can be so sure? Cause Kanre never kited the monsters, Kanre never plays another class than Guardian and he never uploaded any recordings of fights he made. Now, please don't post lies about our guild again and ensure to edit away any in your previous post.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

In any case, the video Rydarus linked was of Kanre's perspective.

I couldnt possibly be of Kanre's perspective, ever, the guy doesn't know how streaming/recording works, let alone be able to upload to youtube :D Also he plays only guardian so if you have watched shadow perspective it could have been only colley, which seems to be lost :)

Edit: derp I am slow :D

Edited by naNuke

Fair enough, do what you wish but I highly disagree in regards to you belonging in the crème de la crème, just cause most others left doesn't mean the requirements are lowered, but if makes you feel better about yourself, whatever.

But be aware that once again you are wrong, Kanre didn't record the video, Colley did on either his shadow or his guardian and that is the video which you are referring to. You know how I can be so sure? Cause Kanre never kited the monsters, Kanre never plays another class than Guardian and he never uploaded any recordings of fights he made. Now, please don't post lies about our guild again.

our day 1 kill was with kanre tanking on guardian doing swaps with loki on vanguard, while colley tanking monsters on shadow. The video was from Colley's POV and was also uploaded by him. People can trash on the simple solution Kanre has found, to not deal with the monsters. By all means do even i hate that tactic. However bear in mind that if you used this it shortened the entire fight by 3:45 which was rather valueable at the time if you were aiming for a timed run.

Also i regret nothing by making fun of ebon hawk. And by having NGE in my signature or any other guilds that im a part of doesnt mean i shall represent those guilds here on the forums. Cheers!

The video in question, for those who didn't hit the link before it was pulled, is Kanre's viewpoint on one of NGE's first kills of NiM Bestia 16 man (pre-nerf). I don't remember if it was their absolute first kill, but it was an early one. The video is notable for demonstrating what was, to my knowledge, a completely unique strategy for killing the boss. Namely, Kanre (on his shadow tank) spent the entire fight kiting around a sizable percentage of the monsters which spawned (if I recall, he ended the fight with five of them), aided by chained Transcendence from their several combat sentinels.

Interestingly, not only is Kanre's video gone, but another perspective (which I had seen a year or two ago) is also gone from the search results. I simply cannot find any videos of pre-3.0 NGE Bestia kills, despite the fact that I know I watched them previously.

In any case, there's no point in getting worked up. This game doesn't have progression anymore. There's literally nothing legitimate on the PvE scene to generate drama.

Exactly Listen to this guy he knows his stuff! Good to see you are still around KeyboardNinja :) Also you dont know progression raiding in this game unless you downed Kephass in EC NiM before 2.0 hit!

I seriously start to doubt that after i saw enrage on anihilation droid hm yesterday.

We had that happen in a guild run once when were were trying to carry a totally undergeared guildmate through the operation. The other DPS were pretty mediocre as well (like fourth alts and/or people not used to playing DPS). We wiped twice to enrage at something like 10%. Then I swapped roles with one of the DPS and we flew past everything.

i honestly never understood - what is restricting new players to open youtube watch a boss fight then open dulfy and read explanation on it?

This exactly.

Also, it's not hard to use the class guides on Dulfy to learn the proper rotation/techniques and Bant's guide to gear. That way players are prepared for an operation even when it's their first time. Too much to ask I guess or they just don't know those resources exist. I prefer to assume the latter and inform them. :)

Too much to ask I guess or they just don't know those resources exist. I prefer to assume the latter and inform them. :)

I think it is related to the attitude of the player.

Player #1 wants his or her efforts to benefit the group. This player is more likely to try and understand how to play, how to coordinate with a group, how to handle mechanics, etc.

Player #2 wants the efforts of the group to benefit themselves. They simply want the loot, or the title, or the decoration, or whatever. They either don't notice (or don't care) that they're not contributing by standing in bad, breaking CC, performing poorly, etc.

Of course, there are shades of grey between these two types, but every group I've ever enjoyed being a part of had more #1 than #2.

I think it is related to the attitude of the player.

Player #1 wants his or her efforts to benefit the group. This player is more likely to try and understand how to play, how to coordinate with a group, how to handle mechanics, etc.

Player #2 wants the efforts of the group to benefit themselves. They simply want the loot, or the title, or the decoration, or whatever. They either don't notice (or don't care) that they're not contributing by standing in bad, breaking CC, performing poorly, etc.

Of course, there are shades of grey between these two types, but every group I've ever enjoyed being a part of had more #1 than #2.

I think there's a 3rd category, which is where personal pride supersedes any effort to learn from others. This is... quite common in mid tier working on HMs, not even close to first boss NiM groups, as well as SM level groups.

This exactly.

Also, it's not hard to use the class guides on Dulfy to learn the proper rotation/techniques and Bant's guide to gear. That way players are prepared for an operation even when it's their first time. Too much to ask I guess or they just don't know those resources exist. I prefer to assume the latter and inform them. :)

People don't want to make efforts to learn something, they want everything to be served on a silver dish to them. My rep guild has a mix of HM raiders and casual and most the casual didn't even make the effort to look for proper rotation or gearing. Then you end up with numerous wipe on SM ops (I've been part of that when I was healing an op for the casual of my guild). They just wait for the GM, who is the RL for SM ops, to tell them what to do without even thinking what they did wrong. And some of them even become mad when you tell them they're doing their rotation wrong or pourly geared. Nowadays, most people expect to be the best without effort and can't stand that you prove them wrong. I have multiple example like many deception sin I came across in FP who where using Force Lightning. Everytime I told them they don't need to use it, insta ignore.

Players mentality is not the best for the moment.

bro SM doesnt even have mechanics anymore, my group went through all of them naked with a single mainhand equipped ignoring all the main mechanics, its just a faceroll. anyway above i meant more for HM. For nim its a must it goes without saying.

You are just too good. Uninstall yourself from this thread, please. ;)