Hello! Could some lovely person please assist me

Mauli

Hello there,

Firstly I'd appreciate it so much if someone could help me with this.

A long story short, with my current download speed it takes days to download Swtor - I have all of the most recent files downloaded, but I messed up. I tried to get Swtor working with ramdisk to try speeding up the game, but somehow it's tricked the launcher into a never ending update loop.

The easiest method for me to fix this, to my knowledge (as I have the most updated files) is to get a fresh patcher.version file from an updated game installation. For the sake of a 11kb file, I'd have to otherwise wait a few days for the game to redownload.

I realise it's my fault, but I just subbed and want to play as soon as possible!

Could anyone very kindly provide me with this file?

Very much appreciated if anyone could help me out.

Thank you :)

Not very tech here

However I do know alot of launcher issues are usually solved by going into your SWTOR folder and deleting the folder called "Bitraider" (total harmless to delete" that way when you open launcher again it will do a full check and repair type thing

Hope it works for you

Edited by nanamaryjj

Hey there, thank you so much for the reply,

I have tried this though it sends the download between 80%-90%, and never finishes. Though I copied a seperate installation before this. I think my only chance to not having to download again is via the file which I've read would skip the updating entirely as it'll tell the launcher it's completed.

Though I'm open to any more suggestions!

Thanks again :)

Hey there, thank you so much for the reply,

I have tried this though it sends the download between 80%-90%, and never finishes. Though I copied a seperate installation before this. I think my only chance to not having to download again is via the file which I've read would skip the updating entirely as it'll tell the launcher it's completed.

Though I'm open to any more suggestions!

Thanks again :)

Hey There Mauli,

Bitraider has been a nuisance for a handful of players more than once, in this case you can try disabling bitraider via the instructions found here http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6693353&postcount=2 (Note you will have to redownload the entire game assets and all). This can be a very long download (days perhaps) so just keep that in mind.

Cheers,

AylaL

It sounds like the RAMdisk solution you are using is something like swtor Unleashed (this external mod used a RAMdisk to store some of the more heavily accessed files from the swtor installation).

Some time last year Mr Eric Musco gave a very clear warning that, while swtor Unleashed had previously been authorised it was now being un-authorized, and use of it would/could lead to bans, account closure, sexually transmitted diseases, and deportation to Bioware's customer service team operating out of Guantanamo Bay. ok, so the last two were totally made up by me...

Anyway, the way that swtor Unleashed worked could, under some circumstances, produce just the behaviour you are describing, and the solution was to launch the swtor Launcher using the "Retail" option within swtor Unleashed, instead of the "swtor Unleashed" option.

Aside from that, if you have been trying to manually configure a RAMdisk and got into this situation, my suggestion would actually be a complete uninstallation of swtor, and then clearing out any temporary files relating to Electronic Arts, Bioware, swtor, and BitRaider from the "c:\Users\<User Name>\" subfolders and from "c:\Users\All Users\" locations, as well as making sure that the installation files in "c:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts", or whatever your installation location was, are also removed.

Then perform a completely clean installation of the swtor files.

Edited by Erevan_Kindelar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.